Theun Mares (Toltec Seer) - Facing The World Crisis

axj

The Living Force

Theun Mares wrote several books on the Toltec teachings, building upon Carlos Castaneda's books. From my personal experience, the Toltec teachings system works well as a practical structure for self-growth.

I know that Laura asked the C's once about a particular statement in one of Mares' books and they said that it is not true. While I am aware that the Cass material is not 100% accurate because of 'transmission errors' etc., this direct contradiction left me a bit suspicious about whether everything Theun Mares is saying is true.

The below answer appeared originally on the forum of Theun's website and was later published on another website. I find it interesting how openly he talks about the NWO, Big Brother, Codex Alimentarius and other pressing topics that are often avoided in spiritual or New Age circles. He even mentions "the real Dark Forces" that are behind the NWO people (whom he calls Old Sorcerers, as in those who practice black magic).

Facing the World Crisis

*Old Sorcerers = New World Order, Globalists, International Elitists, Illuminati

Question:

Theun, some of my fellow apprentices and I have decided to ask you “collectively” for guidance on the current world situation. We felt this would save you having to answer the same questions over and over again. There are, of course, many areas of concern and for the benefit of all the other apprentices who will read this, I will go into some more detail than I would have otherwise done.
The New World Order is advancing rapidly and Big Brother is imposing itself onto all areas of human existence. The UK is a good example for the total surveillance world we are headed for. CCTV cameras are everywhere, national databases are being developed and deployed, peaceful campaign groups infiltrated by government spies, soon all phone calls, emails and internet usage will be recorded.

The financial system is being manipulated into crisis to advance the agenda (world currency?) and an economic collapse of most of the world seems very close. An attack on Iran by Israel could over night disrupt oil supplies, cripple the developed world and even affect the most basic survival needs of us all.
Similar developments have affected education and the upbringing of children. Adults are punished for smacking their children, while increasing behavioural challenges in schools are “diagnosed” as medical conditions and children medicated.

And now Codex Alimentarius, a UN programme, is advancing the total control of food. There is concern that organic food will be history, that natural remedies will be illegal without prescription, that medication of animals will be mandatory and that seeds will have to be bought from the big Monsantos of this world.

We have collected the following questions, which we would welcome guidance on. None of us want to act out of and live in fear. But neither do we want to bury our heads in the sand. We want to be practical.

How will we be affected differently if we are in debt or have savings. Is it wise to buy gold? Is there any point now paying off debt? How should savings be used?

Is it advisable to go off-grid and self-sufficient? How bad will the infrastructure get?

What difference can transition towns make (in the UK towns that are transitioning to a sustainable local economy, less dependent on fossil fuels)?

How will different countries be affected? Are there any which will remain relatively free? Is there any one you would recommend people move to?

Thank you, Theun, from me and on behalf of my fellow apprentices.

I send my love to you and the family.

A returning apprentice

Théun’s Guidance:

:) Welcome back my friend! We have missed you. I trust that married life is still being kind to you? and LOL!

The world situation as it stands today is not pretty, and it will still get even worse before humanity finally wakes up and decides to do something about claiming back its power which people have been so very happily handing over to Big Brother for ever and a day. Although we are now entering into probably the darkest period ever in the history of humanity, it was inevitable because of humanity’s inherent laziness and asleepness. And yet I do not feel pessimistic, although I know, and I can SEE, that there is going to be great hardship and suffering very soon from now. In fact, I am totally surprised that the real crunch has not come earlier. Already in September 2006 the world was poised for total disaster, but somehow or the other, so typical of where the world is at today, humanity has managed to spin it out until now.

I say I do not feel pessimistic because I can also see that this time has the potential to be a time of great liberation for humanity. Men and women everywhere ARE slowly, although still MUCH to slowly, starting to wake up to what is happening around them. But the greatest problem still facing humanity, even though it is starting to wake up, is the individual’s sense of apathy on the one hand, and its sense of ignorance on the other hand. In their fear people are desperately trying to IGNORE what is going on, and then when they can no longer ignore the obvious, they submit to a totally debilitating sense of apathy, of “But what can I as one person alone do?” So until such time as that individuals start taking whatever ACTION is open to them, the world situation will continue to deteriorate until finally people everywhere will be FORCED into fighting for SURVIVAL. The action that is MOST required today is for people to drop their pettiness, their gross sense of separativeness and self-centredness, and to start forming GROUPS that CAN and WILL make all the difference. But whilst men and women still hold onto the demented belief that it is every person for him or herself and the devil for us all, we are headed for severe hardship in the immediate future.

You are correct in what you have observed about the United Kingdom. It has very rapidly become a police state, and so too has the United States of America, and Canada and many other countries are following hot on their heels. What is the most tragic about all of this, is the fact that the UK and the USA together form the Heart Centre of the planet. Only a little thought is required to see how very dire are the implications here. The Heart Centre of the planet has fallen under the complete control of the Old Sorcerers, who are but the puppets of the true Dark Forces. I see little point in trying to dress up the evil intentions in this, and neither do I feel I am being of service to all who turn to me for clarity if I were not to spell out the consequences of such a dire straight of affairs. Whether or not the planet and all of life upon this planet survives this very REAL crisis remains to be seen, and will depend upon how WELL men and women the world over FIGHT for their survival once the Old Sorcerers have brought us to the very edge of life. The only thing that today stands between utter disaster and freedom, is humanity’s will-to-good. Will this be enough to energise people into action, into battle? Whether it will be enough or not is no longer relevant, for today it is literally the ONLY thing we have got left. Humanity has already been systematically stripped of its dignity, its ability to think for itself, and most important of all, its divine birthright as a free and creative being. And still Big Brother continues to remove people’s freedom and telling them that it is for their own good. And STILL people WANT to believe them, and STILL they DO believe them!

The financial system is indeed being manipulated towards a complete economic collapse the world over, for once this has been accomplished the power of the Old Sorcerers will be more or else unchallengeable. From there it is a relatively easy step to take full control of the world food and water supplies. And once this has been accomplished, the average man and woman will be the TOTAL dependents of the Old Sorcerers. And this is the very REAL evil facing the world today! People in their IGNORANCE THINK that their future lies in the hands of their political leaders and their governments, little realising that their politicians and governments are today but the puppets of the Old Sorcerers, a relatively SMALL group of totally unscrupulous men whose only desire is for TOTAL power over, and who themselves are but the servants of the Dark Forces, of which there are ten representatives in the world – five in the East and five in the West. The Old Sorcerers today already hold most of the world’s money and gold in their hands, and soon they will also have the world’s food and water resources in their hands.

What you have noted about Israel and Iran is also true, although it is now questionable as to whether this will happen or not. In September 2006 everything was set for this to take place. Israel was ready to invade Iran and the USA army was on the ready to defend and support Israel, but for some strange reason the Old Sorcerers refrained from attacking Iran. Today they have been told in no uncertain terms by Putin that ANYONE who attacks Iran will be deemed an enemy of Russia. So if the Israelis, who really control Washington and New York, were to launch an attack on Iran, there is every likelihood that the world will be plunged into another world war with Russia taking the lead.

What you have noticed about education is also very true. It is the main reason why when I was in education in South Africa I became a lone voice in the wilderness and became mostly feared by MANY of my colleagues, for wherever I went as school inspector I spoke out VERY strongly against the dangers of the modern educational system. Time and time again I pointed out the TRUTH that lies behind the so-called enhancements of the educational system, showing the schools I worked with HOW Big Brother is systematically and willfully stripping children of their ability to think for themselves, and in addition, through the so-called moves towards ensuring the rights of children, purposefully breeding delinquent mentalities that can, whenever necessary, be “legitimately” removed from society for everyone’s good! So instead of our children being educated in the true sense of the word, they are being programmed, schooled, into being either very obedient followers of the system, or else total delinquents that are set up to FAIL when challenged by the system! Even home schooling is today steadily being eradicated the world over because home schooled children pose a threat to the system.

And now I will answer your questions:

“How will we be affected differently if we are in debt or have savings.”

LOL! It all depends upon HOW much savings you have and where! Money is today rapidly losing its value, and banks are on the verge of collapsing. So although savings are good, and indeed necessary, it is best you keep such savings at home in someplace safe. Debt? Well this speaks for itself, does it not? It has been the aim of the Old Sorcerers for a long time now to get average men and women as deeply into debt as possible. People who are in debt are NOT free people, and therefore they can be controlled very deeply, not only physically, but also emotionally and mentally!

“Is it wise to buy gold?”

Yes. As the economic situation continues to escalate towards total disaster, gold must and will again become the true currency of the world. This is not only because it is gold, but also because of esoteric reasons pertaining to gold that we do not need to go into in an email such as this. Yet, having said this, you would also be BLIND if you do not see how even the gold reserves and the price of gold is today being manipulated. There is now also a move towards having all gold stamped in some way. In other words, only gold carrying a certain stamp will have any value, and of course, we all know WHO will have all the stamped gold, do we not?

“Is there any point now paying off debt?”

Pay off ONLY the MINIMUM requirement! The Old Sorcerers got you into debt, and so don’t just pay for the sake of paying.

“How should savings be used?”

INVEST whatever savings you have in EMPOWERING yourselves as much as possible, and thereby ARMING yourselves for the battle at hand! This after all, is the true purpose of a website such as Toltec Legacy. Through the medium of Toltec Legacy I stand ready to play my part in providing people with the needed clarity, with strengthening their belief in themselves, with building their will-to-fight and with building their vision for what sort of world they would like to create for themselves. So, my friend, what I am pointing out to you about your savings, how ever much or however little these may be, is that sooner or later you will have exhausted them once you no longer have an income, and then what? No, this is NOT a time in which to sit on your savings like a squirrel gathering nuts for winter! This is a time of make or break for us all! Therefore I reiterate, INVEST your savings in EMPOWERING yourselves! But it is not just your savings that need to be wisely invested – it is also your TIME and your inner CONVICTION.

You find yourselves here on Toltec Legacy with me and my family of warriors. Is this merely coincidence? Is it merely because you have a personal preference in working with me rather than with someone else? No, I don’t think so!

Could it be that you were guided to me for a reason? Could it be that in working with me you CAN make a difference in the world by learning to fight for your survival? :) Could it be that collectively we are the LAST bastion between light and darkness, between freedom and enslavery to the Old Sorcerers? Could any of this possibly be true? If it were not true, then you only have to look around you. What do you see? What would you LIKE to believe? :) Which part of what I have shared above makes you feel frightened and insecure? Which part of what I have shared makes your heart sing? What is your BELIEF in yourselves? Are you prepared to INVEST in that belief? Or would you rather continue to INDULGE in your ignorance and your apathy?

As you all know, I set out in 2000 to start building a GROUP of people that can and will make a difference in the world, and today those of you who are still left standing with me are strong – much stronger than any who came before you! This is as much to your credit as it is to mine. But now, IF we are to make a difference in the world, I NEED you to help me! Far too few people as of yet know about me and the teachings. In this don’t be fooled by typing my name into something like Google! It is true that I am well and widely known amongst those of you who are the converted, but people in general have still not heard of Théun Mares, and if they have, they have no doubt associated me with the many frauds who today parade themselves under the banner of Toltec. I NEED you, the world you live in NEEDS you, to help me reach as MANY people as possible! The more people we are the greater is our power, for the esoteric principle of “the whole is far greater than the sum of its parts” remains as true today as it ever was!

It is not so much your savings I need, although money is needed, but what I DO need is your TIME and your INNER CONVICTION! I need you to help me bring more and more people into our midst so that I may also put them in TOUCH with THEIR hearts, and thereby strengthen our COLLECTIVE position within the world. There are today fifty of you. If each one of you aimed at bringing at least ten more people to join us on Toltec Legacy, this would make our number 500 in total! A considerable number of people, and the combined power of which will be even greater. Are you prepared to do at least this much? Are you prepared to INVEST at least this much in order to fight for your freedom and for the freedom of all upon our planet?

The world situation, my friend, is today extremely dire, but in this the OPPORTUNITY to achieve great heights has also never before been so great! And this is the Law! The universe stands for ever balanced, and thus we cannot swing to one polarity without creating the POTENTIAL for an equally great and powerful swing the other way. So what is it be? Do you wish to go down in history as men and women who COURAGEOUSLY fought with everything you’ve got to offset the immanent darkness looming and thereby help to create a FREE and glorious world? Or are you going to go down in history unnoticed other than being men and women who like the rest of humanity, succumbed to your ignorance and sense of apathy? The opportunity, my friend, is GREAT, but the decision is entirely YOURS! Stand WITH me and HELP me! Or be at peace in being nothing more than a PASSIVE member of Toltec Legacy, standing by and watching whilst the legacy, the divine birthright of humanity, becomes swallowed up in the darkness descending upon the entire planet!

And now to answer the rest of your questions:

“Is it advisable to go off-grid and become self-sufficient? How bad will the infrastructure get?”

I am not sure what you mean by “off-grid.” Are you referring to the system as a whole, or just to the electricity grid? If you are referring to the system as a whole I say GET OUT if and where you can, and become as self-sufficient as you can be. Dependency spells slavery, and although it is not yet possible to get out of the system ENTIRELY, we must ALL do what we can to either get out of the system as much as is possible, and where it is not possible to do so, to make the system work for us.

“What difference can transition towns make (in the UK towns that are transitioning to a sustainable local economy, less dependent on fossil fuels)?”

This is good PROVIDED it does not become an excuse for separativeness! The time is coming when NONE of us will any longer be able to survive in isolation of one another.

“How will different countries be affected? Are there any which will remain relatively free? Is there any one you would recommend people move to?”

The WHOLE world is becoming involved, my friend! There is today no longer a country in which people will be safe from what is transpiring. There is nowhere left to run to! LOL! There are only countries in which it is EASIER to strategise and to form groups for the purposes of survival. Such countries are mainly to be found in Central and Eastern Europe, for these countries, newly liberated from the restraints of communism are NOT blind to what is for them, AGAIN busy happening! The people, however, are something else! LOL! Having been liberated from communism they are, generally speaking, now so eager to enjoy the “fruits” of westernisation, that they are sitting ducks for the taking! Sad, but true! Their leaders, on the other hand, and the older generations who grew up under communism are mostly wide awake and taking care!

If today we have a beacon of hope as far as political powers go, it is Russia. Russia is destined to be the future, and so far it remains a steadfast beacon of light in a growing darkness.

My friend, I have endeavoured to answer your questions as honestly as I can, and I have endeavoured to address your CON-CERNS with the OPTIMISM and the HOPE that is being called for. As I said, I stand ready to play my part by throwing my knowledge, my strength, my courage and my support into this battle, if I but given the chance to do so. But for now whilst we are still such a pitiful handful, I can only watch and pray, hope and TRUST that you will, EACH and EVERY one of you, on this day make up your MINDS and find your HEARTS, and in this drop your own petty concerns, your fears, doubts and insecurities, and start LIVING the HONOURABLE and POWER-FULL lives of the true warrior as you HELP me to gather those that like you, CAN and WILL make a difference!

I am already doing everything I can. I now need YOUR help! We NEED to grow Toltec Legacy, not only so that I can empower you as a Group, but also so that I have the money with which to develop the internet game I have chosen to call “The Game of Life.” Once I can launch this game I will be able to use humanity’s love for computer games as well as the power of the internet, to reach the hearts of millions of people the world over, and most especially the younger generations who have been programmed into not thinking for themselves. If we CAN do this much, we will be a Group of millions of like-minded people the world over who are READY and PREPARED as much as time and world circumstances permit, to FIGHT an IMPECCABLE battle for our freedom and the freedom of all of life, human, animal, vegetable and mineral, for it is not ONLY man whose survival is today threatened.

I am already scripting The Game of Life, and those around me are learning as fast as is humanly possible, computer skills that are needed, and I TRUST that there will be the necessary money with which to implement this strategy for survival. In this you can ALL help by bringing to Toltec Legacy at least ten more people each, and then if each of 500 hundred people bring another ten people each we will number 5000 people in total, the number of subscribers that are needed in order to fund The Game of Life. Are you WILLING to be of service? Or do you just want to talk and fantasise about the imagined “glory” of being of service?

In the name of service and freedom,
Your nagal and friend,
Théun

*This article is taken from the website _www.toltec-legacy.com with the permission of the administrators.

“Is there any point now paying off debt?”

Pay off ONLY the MINIMUM requirement! The Old Sorcerers got you into debt, and so don’t just pay for the sake of paying.

This doesn't strike me as a very enlightened statement. I can understand that there are a lot of pressures put on people to take on more debt, but there are some of us who have managed to avoid these temptations/pitfalls too. Debt is kind of like an instrument or tool, you have to know how to use it to make it work for you. Nobody but yourself signs a loan and nobody but yourself is responsible for it. Old Sorcerers don't get you into debt, YOU do. Sometimes paying the minimum makes sense, but other times ti doesn't. It is kind of silly to offer this advise as one-size-fits-all statement.

INVEST whatever savings you have in EMPOWERING yourselves as much as possible, and thereby ARMING yourselves for the battle at hand! This after all, is the true purpose of a website such as Toltec Legacy. Through the medium of Toltec Legacy I stand ready to play my part in providing people with the needed clarity, with strengthening their belief in themselves, with building their will-to-fight and with building their vision for what sort of world they would like to create for themselves. So, my friend, what I am pointing out to you about your savings, how ever much or however little these may be, is that sooner or later you will have exhausted them once you no longer have an income, and then what? No, this is NOT a time in which to sit on your savings like a squirrel gathering nuts for winter! This is a time of make or break for us all! Therefore I reiterate, INVEST your savings in EMPOWERING yourselves! But it is not just your savings that need to be wisely invested – it is also your TIME and your inner CONVICTION.

There is a big difference in "arming" oneself and "empowering" oneself. The former seems to imply weapons of a destructive nature, the later could also mean weapons, but it could also mean gathering practical knowledge as well. This strikes me as a very dangerous paragraph and has a huge potential for misinterpretation... or maybe that was the idea?

I have not read any of Theun Mares books, so maybe I'm not understanding some subtle meaning in what he says here, but he doesn't seem to offer any clarity to the world situation or practical advise. His "understanding" seems to be at the level of Alex Jones.

FWIW

Ryan

I am already scripting The Game of Life, and those around me are learning as fast as is humanly possible, computer skills that are needed, and I TRUST that there will be the necessary money with which to implement this strategy for survival. In this you can ALL help by bringing to Toltec Legacy at least ten more people each, and then if each of 500 hundred people bring another ten people each we will number 5000 people in total, the number of subscribers that are needed in order to fund The Game of Life. Are you WILLING to be of service? Or do you just want to talk and fantasise about the imagined “glory” of being of service?

Sounds pyramidal allright.
And a video game ? that sure is going to help us out of this mess with my toltec sword +5 or maybe it is a Toltec sim world ? ;)

From the links I followed so far, it's quite new-agey and finally talks about how we're gonna ascend because they are only 5% of bad guys left because our vibrations are getting so good.

How should savings be used?”

INVEST whatever savings you have in EMPOWERING yourselves as much as possible, and thereby ARMING yourselves for the battle at hand! This after all, is the true purpose of a website such as Toltec Legacy. Through the medium of Toltec Legacy I stand ready to play my part in providing people with the needed clarity, with strengthening their belief in themselves, with building their will-to-fight and with building their vision for what sort of world they would like to create for themselves.

Therefore I reiterate, INVEST your savings in EMPOWERING yourselves! But it is not just your savings that need to be wisely invested – it is also your TIME and your inner CONVICTION.

You find yourselves here on Toltec Legacy with me and my family of warriors. Is this merely coincidence? Is it merely because you have a personal preference in working with me rather than with someone else? No, I don’t think so!

Could it be that you were guided to me for a reason? Could it be that in working with me you CAN make a difference in the world by learning to fight for your survival? :) Could it be that collectively we are the LAST bastion between light and darkness, between freedom and enslavery

I don't know, but it sounds like a sales pitch to me: just pay off the minimum debt so you can invest the rest with me and save the world from darkness.

Maybe I'm just too cynical.

RyanX said:

There is a big difference in "arming" oneself and "empowering" oneself. The former seems to imply weapons of a destructive nature, the later could also mean weapons, but it could also mean gathering practical knowledge as well. This strikes me as a very dangerous paragraph and has a huge potential for misinterpretation... or maybe that was the idea?

Since this was written for the members of his website, I doubt that anyone would take the "arming" comment to mean physical weapons. He talks quite explicitly about empowering yourself (gaining personal power) as the way to arm yourself. Also, the whole concept of being a warrior who faces 'battles' in daily life is a metaphor used by him, Castaneda and other Toltec authors.

RyanX said:
I have not read any of Theun Mares books, so maybe I'm not understanding some subtle meaning in what he says here, but he doesn't seem to offer any clarity to the world situation or practical advise. His "understanding" seems to be at the level of Alex Jones.

FWIW

Ryan

I guess the primary advice he offers is applying the Toltec teachings or other self-growth systems to be ready for what comes.

Tigersoap said:

Sounds pyramidal allright.
And a video game ? that sure is going to help us out of this mess with my toltec sword +5 or maybe it is a Toltec sim world ? ;)

Yes, I was also very surprised to hear about the idea of a computer game as a way to reach the youth.

Tigersoap said:
From the links I followed so far, it's quite new-agey and finally talks about how we're gonna ascend because they are only 5% of bad guys left because our vibrations are getting so good.

I did not see that statement on those websites. Where did you find it?

webglider said:
How should savings be used?”

INVEST whatever savings you have in EMPOWERING yourselves as much as possible, and thereby ARMING yourselves for the battle at hand! This after all, is the true purpose of a website such as Toltec Legacy. Through the medium of Toltec Legacy I stand ready to play my part in providing people with the needed clarity, with strengthening their belief in themselves, with building their will-to-fight and with building their vision for what sort of world they would like to create for themselves.

Therefore I reiterate, INVEST your savings in EMPOWERING yourselves! But it is not just your savings that need to be wisely invested – it is also your TIME and your inner CONVICTION.

Could it be that you were guided to me for a reason? Could it be that in working with me you CAN make a difference in the world by learning to fight for your survival? :) Could it be that collectively we are the LAST bastion between light and darkness, between freedom and enslavery

I don't know, but it sounds like a sales pitch to me: just pay off the minimum debt so you can invest the rest with me and save the world from darkness.

Maybe I'm just too cynical.

From what I know, the only thing he charges is 25 Euros a month for the forum where he gives advice.

Is he emphasizing his words in caps for a reason? Is it NLP? When someone uses the all caps technique it tends to remind me of hard sell letters sent by car companies, credit cards, etc.

It also reminds me of William Shatner trying to get through a paragraph without PAUSING dramatically. :D

And yes, I'm a tad cynical too. ;)

Haha.
BOLD and CAPTIONS are like twice shouting?
Oh, my eyes hurt!

Perhaps Shatner does not pause between sentences
and needs to get his lines out quickly before he forgets?

Tigersoap said:
I did not see that statement on those websites. Where did you find it?
[/quote]

Wrong phrasing from my side, I've stumbled upon this website _http://signofjonah.org/build/lessons/new/notice.htm which linked to some channel information that they deemed "the best" which proclaimed such things.

On another note, I understand that it seems at first that Theun Mares speaks about the same issues as the Sott, minus psychopathy, although it has this Nagualesque tone that says much without saying much at all in the end osit.

axj said:
From my personal experience, the Toltec teachings system works well as a practical structure for self-growth.

If these teachings differ significantly from the general theme of 4th Way, the Work and some of Castaneda's writings deemed relevant in the forum, would you mind sharing some details about it? TIA

axj said:
I find it interesting how openly he talks about the NWO, Big Brother, Codex Alimentarius and other pressing topics that are often avoided in spiritual or New Age circles. He even mentions "the real Dark Forces" that are behind the NWO people (whom he calls Old Sorcerers, as in those who practice black magic).

It may be a possibility that this guy is keeping his eyes open ( and maybe SEEing as he claims in the quoted article) about current world events and not living in denial. What he does with this is perhaps the more important question. From the quoted article, I get the feel of significant self-importance typical of many other modern gurus. The persuasive tone which seems to leave little choice regarding the "desired" course of action for people reading the article is also a red flag for me.
FWIW

obyvatel said:
axj said:
From my personal experience, the Toltec teachings system works well as a practical structure for self-growth.

If these teachings differ significantly from the general theme of 4th Way, the Work and some of Castaneda's writings deemed relevant in the forum, would you mind sharing some details about it? TIA

His teachings are the same system Castaneda wrote about. The difference is how he presents it - it is more like a textbook, instead of telling stories like Castaneda did. He also adds details here and there. Overall, the system is very effective - even though I do have some doubts regarding a few parts of the teachings he introduced. Though I may be wrong.

obyvatel said:
axj said:
I find it interesting how openly he talks about the NWO, Big Brother, Codex Alimentarius and other pressing topics that are often avoided in spiritual or New Age circles. He even mentions "the real Dark Forces" that are behind the NWO people (whom he calls Old Sorcerers, as in those who practice black magic).

It may be a possibility that this guy is keeping his eyes open ( and maybe SEEing as he claims in the quoted article) about current world events and not living in denial. What he does with this is perhaps the more important question. From the quoted article, I get the feel of significant self-importance typical of many other modern gurus. The persuasive tone which seems to leave little choice regarding the "desired" course of action for people reading the article is also a red flag for me.
FWIW
[/quote]

I am also not too sure about this guy. I want to believe that what he does is for the best - and it probably is. In a way, we are all working towards the same goals for us and for the world. The methods may differ on the surface, but in the end the 'goal' is the same - waking up, building a magnetic center, and so on.

Here's what I noticed, without thinking too heavily about it. The questioner, in his preamble, seems very much clued-in regarding the dire world political situation, which one might assume is a pretty good reflection on the objective-reality portion of the teachings, because this person identifies himself as a student. But I remember that such sophistication can also be a hook for those with similar insight and concerns -- hooks are many and varied -- what catches the eye of one will be a turn-off to another -- thus the profusion of "sources" designed to ensnare as many seekers as possible. Then I noticed that the actual questions are purely about material concerns. They're legitimate concerns, to be sure, but there's nothing much spiritual in them, which is rather a negative sign if this reflects the teachings. These are everyone's basic, "beginner" concerns -- survival and all that -- legitimate but only part of the equation.

About Theun's response, the metaphorical language didn't seem so bad to me, nor the insights, however debatable. But the video game stuff took it right off the rails for me. That seems like a naive pipe dream, especially with the reference to followers needing to learn the appropriate computer skills. I mean, a game to hook kids needs, these days, to be highly sophisticated and takes years of development by a sizeable and experienced software-engineering team -- but, all that exists right now is a script, according to Theun, and a steep funding shortfall. Sounds like many a start-up company doomed to failure. If he had the whole development team right now, I would not expect release until 2012, assuming the script is so ideal that it needs no re-work. And no mention of possible controls or other changes coming to the Internet that might put the kibosh on the whole scheme? No mention of a back-up strategy? Just what might happen in these (admittedly) rapidly advancing police states by the time a game is released? And what are all the followers supposed to do in the meantime. Perhaps this is addressed elsewhere. But it seems like not much of a "game plan" - ha ha, couldn't help myself.

And just imagine how silly it would be to come out with "The Game of Life" only to be promptly sued by Hasbro/Milton Bradley (_http://get.games.yahoo.com/proddesc?gamekey=gameoflife). Gee, that game has only been around since 1860.

I have been following Theun Mares work for a while now and I am wondering, with all of this discussion going on, why no one has thought to go to Theun's own sites to get a read on this fellow? The only one who seems to have made any attempt at research besides axj is Tigersoap. And what does he do? He doesn't even go to the site where the article in question was published (_www.unconditionalfriendship.com), a blog that only posts Theun's work. Instead he goes to the site of some crackpot you believes he is the reincarnation of the biblical Jonah to get his information.

Did you know that Theun has two hour long interviews on youtube? One of which he talks exclusively about money, economics and politics? The interview is given here:
_http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=AEF0130F8487E808

The other interview is where he introduces himself and what the toltec teachings are about:
_http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=B7F99A8AACC8CA18

His other sites include:
_www.toltec-legacy.com
This site is his online teaching facility where you can subscribe to become one of his apprentices. Apart from the teaching facility it also has a huge public area with a lot of his material. I can say honestly that I have never seen another site like what I have seen in that public area in terms of quality.

_www.relationship-resolution.com
This site has one of Theun's books published for free in digital format called "This Darned Elusive Happiness" and also has an application where you can pay to ask Theun for guidance on your relationships.

_www.the-temple-of-peace.com
This site is for those who want to meet Theun in person.

I hope this helps to make this a more informed discussion.

Mark Meiword said:
And what does he do? He doesn't even go to the site where the article in question was published (_www.unconditionalfriendship.com), a blog that only posts Theun's work. Instead he goes to the site of some crackpot you believes he is the reincarnation of the biblical Jonah to get his information.

Hello Mark,

In fact I did, I just looked for other websites and links talking about Theun Mares.
It's always interesting to look for connections and what kind of company people keeps.

[quote author=Mark Meiword] I hope this helps to make this a more informed discussion.[/quote]

As in "let's not criticize one bit Theun Mares teachings" ?

Back
Top Bottom