The Vegetarian Myth

Mililea

Jedi Council Member
FOTCM Member
I'd say it's a step in a good direction but as a former vegetarian with vegan episodes unfortunately I have the experience of 12 years of worsening health despite supplementation, while no tests ever detected any issues. And I spent a fortune on blood tests, both through my GP as well as privately. I took loads of supplements too. In case anyone wonders why I didn't abandon the diet earlier, the self-indoctrination most vegetarians/vegans subject themselves to meant that I blamed everything and anything but not the diet. Fortunately, I always had lots of butter and eggs. Otherwise I'd probably be a braindead zombie today.
I have had exactly the same experience. I feel like I didn't even know I was doing well on a vegetarian diet. But now in retrospect, since I started eating meat again, I feel so much better, my skin has gotten better, my hair loss is going down, my whole complexion is better, my dark circles are no longer dark, my digestion is better, my brain is working much better, I'm clearer and most of all I feel completely free without this self-imposed ethical constraint. :cheer:

So I can only agree with you and I think it's great that something is being done about the fact that already children are being fed vegan. Seems like a really good start. Thanks for sharing :love:

Candice

Jedi
But now in retrospect, since I started eating meat again, I feel so much better, my skin has gotten better, my hair loss is going down, my whole complexion is better, my dark circles are no longer dark, my digestion is better, my brain is working much better, I'm clearer and most of all I feel completely free without this self-imposed ethical constraint.
I too was vegetarian, for 6 years with periods of being vegan. Initially my health improved, I think because I ate very “clean”, no more average diet. However 3 years in, I started to notice issues with hair loss, skin problems, moods, crazy weight gain and tooth enamel thinning.

I was so reluctant to change, I’d thoroughly brainwashed myself. But then two years ago my health problems had gotten so bad I decided to introduce fish. Then other kinds of meat and now I’d say I’m paleo.

The only problem that noticeably got better were my moods, felt more balanced and clear. Only with vitamin B12 supplements did I notice a huge improvement in my hair. But the dry skin and cystic acne continued. Recently I started supplementing with niacin and wow the change in my skin is dramatic. It’s not dry, it’s glowing and clear. I’d say my only continuing health concern are my teeth, but I think that’ll take time.

I agree, setting oneself free of self imposed ethical “brain washing” and guilt is a gift. It lead me to open my eyes about other ways I was brainwashed.

Top Bottom