THE UNKNOWN WHO SWAYED THE SIGNERS OF THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE

Johnno

The Living Force
I wrote a post describing a report of a strange guy who turned up and then disappeared at the signing of USA Declaration of Independence, over at a thread discussing the constitution.

Is the constitution a scam?

http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=1126

This is from Manly Palmer Hall's "The Secret Destiny of America" and cannot be verified, holes can be shot through it like swiss cheese. Nevertheless, it's an interesting tale of an old time "walk-in".

Note!: Hall had a strong belief of "The Secret Brotherhood" which he wrote about in " What the ancient wisdom expects of its disciples: A study concerning the mystery schools.". He may have even been part of it being initiated in Rosicrucian and Freemasonry lodges.

Anyway here's the article, read with discretion!

THE UNKNOWN WHO SWAYED THE SIGNERS OF THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE

Some years ago, while visiting the Theosophical colony at Ojai, California, A.P. Warrington, esoteric secretary of the society, discussed with me a number of historical curiosities, which led to examination of his rare old volume of early American political speeches of a date earlier than those preserved in the first volumes of the Congressional Record.

He made particular mention of a speech by an unknown man at the time of the signing of the Declaration of Independence. The particular book was not available at that moment, but Mr. Warrington offered to send me a copy of the speech, and he did; but unfortunately neglected to append the title or the date of the book. He went to India subsequently, and died at the Theosophical headquarters at Adyar, in Madras. Then, in May, 1938, the speech appeared in T he Theosophist, official organ of the society published in Adyar. In all probability the original book is now in the library of the Theosophical society. There is no reason to doubt the accuracy and authenticity of Mr. Warrington's copy, but I am undertaking such investigation as is possible to discover the source of the speech.

On July 4, 1776, in the old State House in Philadelphia, a group of patriotic men were gathered for the solemn purpose of proclaiming the liberty of the American colonies. From the letters of Thomas Jefferson which are preserved in the Library of Congress, I have been able to gather considerable data concerning this portentous session.

In reconstructing the scene, it is well to remember that if the Revolutionary War failed every man who had signed the parchment then lying on the table would be subject to the penalty of death for high treason. It should also be remembered that the delegates representing the various colonies were not entirely of one mind as to the policies which should dominate the new nation.

There were several speeches. In the balcony patriotic citizens crowded all available space and listened attentively to the proceedings. Jefferson expressed himself with great vigor; and John Adams, of Boston, spoke and with great strength. The Philadelphia printer, Dr. Benjamin Franklin, quiet and calm as usual, spoke his mind with well chosen words. The delegates hovered between sympathy and uncertainty as the long hours of the summer day crept by, for life is sweet when there is danger of losing it. The lower doors were locked and a guard was posted to prevent interruption.

According to Jefferson, it was late in the afternoon before the delegates gathered their courage to the sticking point. The talk was about axes, scaffolds, and the gibbet, when suddenly a strong, bold voice sounded-"Gibbet! They may stretch our necks on all the gibbets in the land; they may turn every rock into a scaffold; every tree into a gallows; every horne into a grave, and yet the words of that parchment can never die! They may pour our blood on a thousand scaffolds, and yet from every drop that dyes the axe a new champion of freedom will spring into birth! The British King may blot out the stars of God from the sky, but he cannot blot out His words written on that parchment there. The works of God may perish: His words never!

"The words of this declaration will live in the world long after our bones are dust. To the mechanic in his workshop they will speak hope: to the slave in the mines freedom: but to the coward kings, these words will speak in tones of warning they cannot choose but hear ...

"Sign that parchment! Sign, if the next moment the gibbet's rope is about your neck! Sign, if the next minute this hall rings with the clash of falling axes! Sign, by all your hopes in life or death, as men, as husbands, as fathers, brothers, sign your names to the parchment, or be accursed forever! Sign, and not only for yourselves, but for all ages, for that parchment will be the textbook of freedom, the bible of the rights of man forever.

"Nay, do not start and whisper with surprise! It is truth, your own hearts witness it: God proclaims it. Look at this strange band of exiles and outcasts, suddenly transformed into a people; a handful of men, weak in arms, but mighty in God-like faith; nay, look at your recent achievements, your Bunker Hill, your Lexington, and then tell me, if you can, that God has not given America to be free!

"It is not given to our poor human intellect to climb to the skies, and to pierce the Council of the Almighty One. But methinks I stand among the awful clouds which veil the brightness of Jehovah's throne.

"Methinks I see the recording Angel come trembling up to that throne and speak his dread message. 'Father, the old world is baptized in blood. Father, look with one glance of Thine eternal eye, and behold evermore that terrible sight, man trodden beneath the oppressor's feet, nations lost in blood, murder, and superstition, walking hand in hand over the graves of the victims, and not a single voice of hope to man!'

"He stands there, the Angel, trembling with the record of human guilt. But hark! The voice of God speaks from out the awful cloud: 'Let there be light again! Tell my people, the poor and oppressed, to go out from the old world, from oppression and blood, and build My altar in the new.'

"As I live, my friends, I believe that to be His voice! Yes, were my soul trembling on the verge of eternity, were this hand freezing in death, were this voice choking in the last struggle, I would still, with the last impulse of that soul, with the last wave of that hand, with the last gasp of that voice, implore you to remember this truth-God has given America to be free!

"Yes, as I sank into the gloomy shadows of the grave, with my last faint whisper I would beg you to sign that parchment for the sake of those millions whose very breath is now hushed in intense expectation as they look up to you for the awful words: 'You are free.'''

The unknown speaker fell exhausted into his seat. The delegates, carried away by his enthusiasm, rushed forward. John Hancock scarcely had time to pen his bold signature before the quill was grasped by another. It was done.

The delegates turned to express their gratitude to the unknown speaker for his eloquent words.

He was not there.

Who was this strange man, who seemed to speak with a divine authority, whose solemn words gave courage to the doubters and sealed the destiny of the new nation?

Unfortunately, no one knows.

His name is not recorded; none of those present knew him; or if they did, not one acknowledged the acquaintance.

How he had entered into the locked and guarded room is not told, nor is there any record of the manner of his departure.

No one claimed to have seen him before, and there is no mention of him after this single episode.

Only his imperishable speech bears witness to his presence.

There are many interesting implications in his words.

He . speaks of the 'rights of man,' although Thomas Paine's book by that name was not published until thirteen years later.

He mentions the all-seeing eye of God which was afterwards to appear on the reverse of the Great Seal of the new nation.

In all, there is much to indicate that the unknown speaker was one of the agents of the secret Order, guarding and directing the destiny of America.

Some time ago, an eastern publisher suggested to me that an interesting and important title for a book would be, "The History of Unknown Men." This publisher was a great reader of history; and it was his observation that nearly all great causes are furthered by mysterious and obscure persons who receive little or no credit for the part which they have played.

To write the history of these men would be to write the history of the Order of the Quest, the story of the unknown philosophers. Some, like Francis Bacon, come to high estate; but most of the unknowns work obscurely through other men, who gain the credit and the fame.

In an old book of rules used by the brothers of the secret orders, is the following: "Our brothers shall wear the dress and practice the customs of those nations to which they travel so that they shall not be conspicuous or convey any appearance that is different or unusual. Under no condition shall they reveal their true identity, or the work which they have come to accomplish; but shall accomplish all things secretly and without violating the laws or statutes of the countries in which they work."

Of those who did not 'reveal their true identity', or the work which they came to accomplish, one is the mysterious Professor who inspired the design of our flag, and remains unknown and unnamed.

And similarly, another is the unknown speaker whose words removed indecision about signing the Declaration of Independence; it is not known who he was, and the incident is preserved only in a rare old book, the very existence of which it is difficult to prove.

It is reasonably conceivable that in secrecy and anonymity well ordered aid has been given to the struggle for human equity and justice that has been America's destiny through the past into our present time. It is our duty and our privilege to contribute what we can to this Universal plan. It will go on, served by the unknowns, until the Platonic empire is established on the earth, and the towers of the new Atlantis rise from the ruins of a materialistic and selfish world.

Perhaps an answer comes from this site http://www.reversespins.com/signthatdocument.html

In esoteric circles, many believe that the unknown man was Saint Germain. Only a master of his attainment could have charged the atmosphere of the room with such fire that all fear melted away. He had assembled many of his most stalwart friends (e.g. Ben Franklin) from over the centuries to embody at that point in time and space to help create a country dedicated to freedom, the most important freedom being that of religion. His greatest ally in that cause was none other than George Washington. The father of our country was not in the room of course. He was not a delegate.

Elsewhere http://www.computercontrolsystems.com/GE/LifeApps/FoundingFathers.asp

claim THE WORDS SPOKEN BY JOHN HANSON ON JULY 4, 1776

Linkes said:
Perhaps an answer comes from this site http://www.reversespins.com/signthatdocument.html

In esoteric circles, many believe that the unknown man was Saint Germain. Only a master of his attainment could have charged the atmosphere of the room with such fire that all fear melted away.
Check out Laura's articel on Saint Germain at http://www.cassiopaea.org/cass/grail_5d.htm

It seems Germain was more of a charismatic swindler than a "Master."

I don't doubt Laura's article hkoehli, i'm sorry if it looked like those were my words, they were quoted from the link i provided.

Linkes said:
I don't doubt Laura's article hkoehli, i'm sorry if it looked like those were my words, they were quoted from the link i provided.
Oops, sorry about that. Were you aware of Laura's article before you made the post? If so, I find it curious the you considered "Saint Germain" a "possible answer" to the mysterious man. Were you just suggesting that the man may have been an alchemist?

No hkoehli i was not aware of Laura's piece. After i read Johnno's post i did a little search and found some information which offers an answer to his question. I was only trying to take part in the discussion in a small way.

Can you explain or point me to information regarding "I channeled St. Germaine for my Econ 101 final."

Thank you.

Linkes said:
No hkoehli i was not aware of Laura's piece. After i read Johnno's post i did a little search and found some information which offers an answer to his question. I was only trying to take part in the discussion in a small way.
Oh, okay, that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

Can you explain or point me to information regarding "I channeled St. Germaine for my Econ 101 final."

Thank you.
Oops! I just noticed that. That's my signature, and really doesn't have anything to do with this topic specifically (it's attached to all my posts). I thought it was slightly humorous at the time (will change it soon, hopefully ;)), as it seems that there is no shortage of people channeling the Count. Plus, economics was not my favourite required introductory university course, thus, I thought I'd count on the Count for a little "divine inspiration."

Linkes said:

Thank you.
Thanks for this, I should have had a look around before I put it up. It is appreciated.

Being as I am, I'll go and look up some info on George Lippard who published the book which Hall couldn't find. Was it a myth created by Lippard or was the speaker actually Hanson?

Johnno

Back
Top Bottom