The Truth Perspective: A Time for Warriors: Interview with Stefan Verstappen

I don't feel this man is what he purports to be. That is, a spiritual master. He comes across New Agey to me. I thought he was appealing to people's ego to sell the book. He just did not seem to be able to answer Laura's questions and virtually contradicted himself on Putin. Anyway it topped it off for me when he is asking for money and has not finished the book. I think the man is a bit down on his luck.

Yupo said:
Off topic, I know... but this was the best thing I ever saw in the way of a kick starter:

https://youtu.be/z-sdO6pwVHQ

:rotfl:

Ok, I have now a better understanding of what a kick starter campain looks like and for what other purposes it serves as well.

Thanks Yupo for this brainwashing entertainment. The psychological drama between the actual terror of the world situation in hands of the PTB and people's childish expectation of a better world has well been put into words by these actors or volunteers. The macabre donnation part was particularly hilarious and on spot because it´s such an insanity that who would expect how much veiled truth is underlying there.

aaron r said:
I don't feel this man is what he purports to be. That is, a spiritual master. He comes across New Agey to me. I thought he was appealing to people's ego to sell the book. He just did not seem to be able to answer Laura's questions and virtually contradicted himself on Putin. Anyway it topped it off for me when he is asking for money and has not finished the book. I think the man is a bit down on his luck.

That's a pretty good summary of the opposite of my own view. On his book, he stated that he has stripped away most of the "spiritual" mumbo jumbo in favor of the most practical aspects of his studies over the years. I have not read any of his book, but I'm looking forward to his summary of the years of his research/work/practice. I think his characterization of the warrior is very much the same as we use here - and the life of the warrior is very much a spiritual endeavor.

On Putin, I think he has much respect for Laura and crew's opinions but expressed a healthy skepticism regarding the ability of any leader in today's world to do effective battle against the Elite/hidden hand - effective in the sense of having a real chance of defeating these powers and averting collapse into chaos/totalitarianism. I think his work on the cyclical destruction of cultures due to the rise of the psychopathic element is right on.

He is not a man of great financial means but I would not describe this as "down on his luck".

I would like to order the book, but have to sort out this credit card thing first as I don't have one. But there are some prepaid credit cards apparently and they will come in handy.
I was wondering whether these exercises in the book are also suitable for older women? When I think of warriors I tend to think of very strong, healthy, physically active, young people. But I am probably misguided. :) Because you also have to be a warrior on a mental level and immune against psychological warfare, just to give an example.

Anyway I can't wait for the book to be finished and I would like to thank Laura and the crew for this very timely topic. It is no coincidence that Stefan's book will be right on time!

Mariama said:
I was wondering whether these exercises in the book are also suitable for older women? When I think of warriors I tend to think of very strong, healthy, physically active, young people.

That is true, although it can be very healing for any kind of person. I don't know what Verstappen recommends, but I practice Ryushin Sochi Ryu, a Iai displine (Japanese Martial Arts). It is basically like Aikido but with weapons. It is the sort of thing that women typically won't do, but I find it very healing for several reasons. I also like it a lot, although I know that I'm pretty weird in that regard.

It is body work with a group of people where I can practice pipe breathing and meditation along with muscle relaxation, and where someone teaches me how to coordinate my body with immediate feedback. Something as simple as this can help change the way your brain works.

Anecdotally and according to research, body work of this kind always help people with ADHD traits like myself, or in case of brain inflammation.

Any muscular tension has to be released in order to do the katas properly. The right movement comes not out from muscular strength, but out from doing the appropriate muscular tension while leaving the rest of the muscles relaxed. It has been very difficult for me, more than the average person, but the results have been very good at various levels. I do it for one or two hours per week, with the occasional summer or autumn intensive seminar in between.

For those who don't resonate with the "warrior" thing, I think that Tai Chi is another good option, so is some sort of yoga exercise.

I witnessed again and again how very rigid people get significantly more flexible and coordinated by the time they've done 6 months up to one year of Aikido with a good spirited team. They become more social and at ease with themselves. They also become more patient and assertive. I think the same might apply to any other body work where there is a nice group of people.

The idea is to use the practice as an instrument to work on oneself and not necessarily to obsess about the discipline itself. A moderated practice that doesn't rule your life.

Here are some G quotes (ISOFTM) that could give some clues as to why bodywork is so helpful, specially for those of us with underdeveloped emotional and moving centers:

"Every ceremony or rite has a value if it is performed without alteration," he said. "A ceremony is a book in which a great deal is written. Anyone who understands can read it. One rite often contains more than a hundred books."

Indicating what had been preserved up to our time, G. at the same time pointed out what had been lost and forgotten. He spoke of sacred dances which accompanied the "services" in the "temples of repetition" and which were not included in the Christian form of worship. He also spoke of various exercises, and of special postures for different prayers, that is, for different kinds of meditation; about acquiring control over the breathing and of the necessity of being able to tense or relax any group of muscles, or the muscles of the whole body at will; and about many other things having relation, so to speak, to the "technique" of religion.[...]

[...]"I will now point out to you only one aspect of the functioning of the body which it is indispensable to regulate in any event. So long as this functioning goes on in a wrong way no other kind of work, either moral or spiritual, can go on in a right way.

"You will remember that when we spoke of the work of the 'three-story factory,' I pointed out to you that most of the energy produced by the factory is wasted uselessly, among other things energy is wasted on unnecessary muscular tension. This unnecessary muscular tension eats up an enormous amount of energy. And with work on oneself attention must first be turned to this.

"In speaking of the work of the factory in general it is indispensable to establish that it is necessary to stop useless waste before there can be any sense in increasing the production. If production is increased while this useless waste remains unchecked and nothing is done to stop it, the new energy produced will merely increase this useless waste and may even give rise to phenomena of an unhealthy kind. Therefore one of the first things a man must learn previous to any physical work on himself is to observe and feel muscular tension and to be able to relax the muscles when it is necessary, that is to say, chiefly to relax unnecessary tension of the muscles."

In this connection G. showed us a number of different exercises for obtaining control over muscular tension and he showed us certain postures adopted in schools when praying or contemplating which a man can only adopt if he learns to relax unnecessary tension of the muscles...He gave us many exercises for gradually relaxing the muscles always beginning with the muscles of the face, as well as exercises for "feeling"[...]

He then describes something similar to the "body scan" of mindfulness:

_https://www.livingwell.org.au/mindfulness-exercises-3/6-body-scan/

I always start an EE class with a short body scan and by the time we finish, we all can belly breathe more naturally :)

My 2 cents!

I liked your summary Gaby.

After listening to the show I went back to a kung fu class I visited some years ago when I was trying different martial arts schools in the city. This time I felt different about the practices. I understand the purpose of the forms now, which is simply developing control and awareness of the body. The same with doing sparring and pad work. I imagine you eventually get to a point of relaxed strength and direction of tension only when appropriate.

I went on Wednesday, and the evening and morning after the class were great. I felt much more at home in my body and confident moving it around. Unfortunately the 9-5 desk-jockeying has sucked the chi right out of me again since then. Maybe a change of career is in order..

I look forward to Stephan's book, particularly the exercises he talked about.

Mariama said:
I was wondering whether these exercises in the book are also suitable for older women? When I think of warriors I tend to think of very strong, healthy, physically active, young people. But I am probably misguided. :) Because you also have to be a warrior on a mental level and immune against psychological warfare, just to give an example.

Anyway I can't wait for the book to be finished and I would like to thank Laura and the crew for this very timely topic. It is no coincidence that Stefan's book will be right on time!

I particularly when I think of warriors, certainly thinking of Grand Masters of martial arts and they are usually elderly people. After very long time of practice only real expertise is acquired along with personal maturity.

This is an example of what I mean:

https://youtu.be/oHXSy6c9UaI

Coincidentally, I've also been watching videos of a Russian martial art called Systema based on the relaxation of the body, muscles and breathing exercises also.

In Systema, the body has to be free of tensions, filled with endurance, flexibility, effortless movement, and explosive potential; the "spirit" or psychological state has to be calm, free of anger, irritation, fear, self-pity, delusion, and pride.[2]

Systema focuses on breathing, relaxation, and fluidity of movement, as well as utilizing an attacker's momentum against him and controlling the six body levers (elbows, neck, knees, waist, ankles, and shoulders) through pressure point application, striking, and weapon applications. As a discipline, it is becoming more and more popular among police and security forces and it is taught by several practitioners inside and outside Russia.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Systema

LQB said:
aaron r said:

On Putin, I think he has much respect for Laura and crew's opinions but expressed a healthy skepticism regarding the ability of any leader in today's world to do effective battle against the Elite/hidden hand - effective in the sense of having a real chance of defeating these powers and averting collapse into chaos/totalitarianism.

I think he was a courteous and polite guest, but it didn't quite disguise his real opinion of Mr. Putin. ;) Notice how he concentrated only on Putin's outward characteristics of a warrior, as if saying that it is all a facade. Unless he simply wasn't able to recognize more than that.

But then, he is entitled to his own opinion.

Keit said:
I think he was a courteous and polite guest, but it didn't quite disguise his real opinion of Mr. Putin. ;) Notice how he concentrated only on Putin's outward characteristics of a warrior, as if saying that it is all a facade. Unless he simply wasn't able to recognize more than that.

But then, he is entitled to his own opinion.

He said himself that he doesn't pay much attention to the news. The only reason we have a good idea what is really going on with Putin is because we pay a lot of attention to the news (and as Joe retorted, read between the lines). It's not really his area of interest or expertise and his interest is more along the lines of personal and small-community development. So I would just take it as it is.

I'm actually glad he didn't totally capitulate on his views just because Laura and Joe said so - that wouldn't show much warriorship :P

aaron r said:

He's not new agey at all. He's more stoic than anything. I agree with him on Putin. I see good deeds by him, but I had to give up dreaming up the possibilities because after all, he is a politician and plays the game- has to.

So, it's really hard to separate what is really him and what is not. That's exactly the point he makes. It's a preference, neither side is objective because we are lacking data.

I do read sott, I just don't have faith at all in any major political system anymore. Is this opinion wrong? I don't know. What matters is that we support ACTIONS, not heroes... at least in my book- he seems like he follows the same logic.

I didn't hear that he contradicted himself.

BTW, when I see Putin making close ties with China, who has horrible human rights, I don't dismiss everything else he does. It's politics. Same with Stefan, some things I don't agree with, but it does not mean he is right or wrong. Don't fall into the trap of identifying with a hero. I did and it made me bitter and horrible. I feel like I'm seeing the world with different eyes these days, seeing what is DONE, not what is "sold" as a hero identity. Maybe you think he was trying to be a spiritual master or maybe that is what you want from someone who talks about these topics. I didn't see or hear him as a spiritual master. He just sounded like a seeker like any of us here.

The kickstarter is to print the book. Red pill press had a hell of a time getting their books out through corrupt traditional publishers. They ended up printing their own books, but it took money! Later on with volume they were able to find a smaller printer to do the job. It's normal in this industry to have issues.

The kickstarter was set up only to charge people if it was going to happen. Some kickstarters are scams where they want the money up front even if they don't do anything- this is not.

Hi Divide by Zero, I suggest you look up the meaning of, "In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king".

Back
Top Bottom