The Seven Destructive Earth Passes of Comet Venus

Altair

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Thank you for the new article, Pierre!

I found a couple of places in the article which I don't understand. In the article you write:

At the same date, one of the largest methane spikes over the past 12,000 years was recorded in the GRIP Greenland ice core, as indicated by the pink arrow, with an increase from 600 to 650 ppbv (part per billion per volume).

Here is the image:

Holocene_tropical_climate_vari.jpg

where the pink arrow clearly points to a drop of methane concentration and not to increase.

Then you connect this methane increase to global temperatures drop which happened around the same time:

So far we have found one date, 5,200 BP, that shows the unusual conjunction between a methane spike and marked global temperature drops.

So unusual about this methane spike and the global temperature drop is the fact that increase of methane should have actually caused warming and not cooling because methane is a strong greenhouse gas, right? But how does it explain then the temperature drop at the same time (5200 BC)? Did you mean that it caused a short period of warming which in combination with increased wetness brought about more cloud formation and resulting cooling?

@Altair, if you read the timeline of the chart from right to left you will notice that methane concentration actually increased. I got confused by that as well the first time I saw it.

On the reason for the temperature drop from how I understood it, the cometary impact produced a lot of atmospheric dust which led to increased cloud coverage and precipitation and hence in an abrupt reduction in temperature.

@Pierre , here is probably a misspelling:

For a long time the collapse of the Cucuteni-Trypillia culture was attributed to the Kugan invasion. But nowadays another explanation prevails:

I think, it should be Kurgan like in Kurgan culture.

Another one: Knap of Howard should be Knap of Howar

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom