The Secret Commonwealth of Elves, Fauns & Fairies Robert Kirk

Seaniebawn

Jedi Master
I was reading passport to magonia by vallee a few months ago and while reading through his book he mentions a book by
Robert Kirk called The Secret Commonwealth of Elves, Fauns & Fairies, from the 1700's it's public domain now and available on
google books for download.

http://www.google.ie/books?q=Reafon&dq=related:OXFORD590565862&id=pOEOAAAAQAAJ&output=text&redir_esc=y

It was the first systematic attempt to describe the methods and organization of the strange creatures that
plagued the farmers of Scotland, bit of high strangeness very interesting, it's a bit of an awkward read as it's written in "ye olde english" :D
but worth a look, Just posting if anyone is interested and did I mention it's FREE ;D

I was wondering though while reading the book, and I know Valee and keel discuss this, but if you had a time machine and you could bring someone from
that time to this time and expose them to a typical UFO encounter, would they see Eleves, Faries and fauns or would they see a Grey Type and vise versa :huh:

Sean
 

DavidHP

Padawan Learner
I read Passport To Magonia a long time ago, it was immediately apparent that aliens and fairies have a lot in common, and looks like they have always been around. What I don't quite get is why they seem to be hiding or at least not as " in your face " as they sometimes were - according to legends -. Is it because we are now so many and they are few and weak?

The " Secret Commonwealth " makes for a very interesting read. I just got it a couple of weeks ago.
 

WIN 52

The Living Force
It's almost like Elves, Dwarfs and Ferries are STO beings who can't stand to be around at the moment, on this planet.
 

kalibex

Dagobah Resident
DavidHP said:
What I don't quite get is why they seem to be hiding or at least not as " in your face " as they sometimes were - according to legends -. Is it because we are now so many and they are few and weak?

One thing that author John Keel hypothesizes in his writings is that it appears that only a subset of the human population (generally labeled by others as 'psychic') can perceive at all the comings and goings of various paranormal phenomena (such as 'UFOs'). One reason he developed this hypotheses is that there are accounts of groups of people where a few saw a UFO in front of them - and some others simply did not see it. Another example of data pointing in that direction is that some people have taken photographs using cameras designed to pick up different electromagnetic wavelengths than those used by human eyes, and have recorded strange objects that they themselves didn't see while standing there taking that picture.

If so, it may be that 'they' (whatever 'they' are) are still 'around', just simply not perceivable by most.

How's that for a comforting thought? ;)
 

Beau

Administrator
Administrator
Moderator
FOTCM Member
kalibex said:
One thing that author John Keel hypothesizes in his writings is that it appears that only a subset of the human population (generally labeled by others as 'psychic') can perceive at all the comings and goings of various paranormal phenomena (such as 'UFOs').

I wouldn't say that only those who are psychic experience high strangeness in the form of UFO encounters. Keel notes that it could be those individuals are easily hypnotized and that's why they are part of the selected group. People do seem to be selected, as Keel points out in his writings, based on many factors, psychic/hypnotic being one of those. Also, police, lawyers, teachers (especially those dealing with gifted children) are all more commonly involved, as are those with certain last names. Plus, I'm not sure we can rely on the individuals who recount their experiences, at least not their memories. They are all so common that it could easily be inferred that what they are remembering is really a screen memory, since the majority of encounters with UFOs describe humans operating them. I think it's unlikely that that is what is really being seen, and that people's memories are being tampered with to make sure people don't go talking about greys and lizards as much as possible. Keel is smart enough to realize that this phenomenon is most likely not extraterrestrial, but I haven't seen suggest that the memories are in any way unreliable.

kalibex said:
One reason he developed this hypotheses is that there are accounts of groups of people where a few saw a UFO in front of them - and some others simply did not see it. Another example of data pointing in that direction is that some people have taken photographs using cameras designed to pick up different electromagnetic wavelengths than those used by human eyes, and have recorded strange objects that they themselves didn't see while standing there taking that picture.

If so, it may be that 'they' (whatever 'they' are) are still 'around', just simply not perceivable by most.

I think that 4D has the ability to choose who they make themselves visible to, but that as the veil of our reality starts to break down, they have less control over that and you do have some people who are more 'sensitive' who observe things quicker than others. "They" are definitely still around, I have no doubt, but I'll be glad not to be one of the select who can perceive them!
 

WIN 52

The Living Force
While I was staying at my Son's place, my ex wife brought a psychic person by to give him a reading and I was allowed to sit in. During the reading, the psychic saw portals where dead dudes would drop into the house through, which she promptly closed and sealed. She saw Goblins, peering in through the window, stating that they just wanted to be left alone. She also saw quite a few Dwarves around, after the Goblins left. Neither seemed to want to quarrel but rather preferred to be left alone to do what they do.

I could not see anything but my 2 year old Grand daughter was pointing and laughing at things that I could not see, in the courtyard, when the Dwarves were around. There were other things as well.

Because I was not able to see them while others could, it doesn't mean they don't exist, somewhere in the mix. I am very heavily programmed into not believing this type of thing, which could be why I could not see them.
 
Top Bottom