I'm liking it too.

I liked the duel with Lucifer because of the result, I remembered the phrase "help is on the way" when the duel was over.
Interesting that Lucifer is portrayed as a female- the portrayal is not over the top- she exudes her power with a calm, self assurance she is master of her realm- and cannot such a being take on any form desired? I found it rather refreshing not to have some snarling, machismo dark lord.

Every show almost without exception is a "woke festival." I don't really even think to mention that because it's a given these days. One really can't escape it without eliminating at least 90% of available content produced in the last decade or longer.

It's outrageous and I strongly dislike and resent it. I'm waiting for the day when normal people start screaming, enough!

It's an obvious attempt to normalize alternative lifestyles and sexual promiscuity to the youngest upcoming generations. They think they can reengineer society to their liking and maybe they're right. When will people speak out against it?

You are right. Not only Netflix but also many digital streaming platforms are in this trans humanity trend. It is a fact that children and young people, who are the biggest fans of these platforms, are greatly influenced by these series and movies. Regardless of script and story coherence, homosexual orientations are highlighted. They really mess up the settings by playing with the minds of humanity.

Also, if you say that you find these scenes ridiculous and unnecessary, people will find you bigoted. Nice traps, smarty! ;-D;-D

A good article about the transhuman agenda.

"To be clear, Transhumanism is a manufactured endpoint to human evolution…

• Where our bodies will be augmented and sterilized in utero.
  • Where divinity is exorcised out of humanity and humanity has outgrown its usefulness.
  • Where scientists are Gods to be worshiped.
  • Where politicians are priests who dictate new laws to live by.
  • Where the more you separate yourself from your divine nature…your heart-self…the more you create something non-human."

"Transhumanism began taking shape in the 1930s under Social Engineers like Edward Bernays whose book “Propaganda” revealed the method of mind control for anyone curious enough to pay attention:

The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society.
Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country. …We are governed, our minds are molded, our tastes formed, our ideas suggested, largely by men we have never heard of.
This is a logical result of the way in which our democratic society is organized. Vast numbers of human beings must cooperate in this manner if they are to live together as a smoothly functioning society.…
In almost every act of our daily lives, whether in the sphere of politics or business, in our social conduct or our ethical thinking, we are dominated by the relatively small number of persons…who understand the mental processes and social patterns of the masses.
It is they who pull the wires which control the public mind."
~ Edward L. Bernays, Master Propagandist

"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge, governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy." ~ Chris Hedges

Very rare gem that nowadays a viewer is super lucky to find in Hollywood! Expert story writing, probably helped by the already successful comic :D, so the writers had lots of excellent ready-made ideas to build their conversations from.

High quality creative artistic use of computer generated special effects, which blend in almost imperceptibly into the background.

Surprisingly nice and engaging music as well. So I got the entire soundtrack and listening to it I already was able to create / design quality art, just by following the currents where the music took me.

Actors are good as well.

It appears there are still crews, cliques in Hollywood, who staunchly protect their Old Normal Creative Environment, how creating true art was possible, before the demon-worshiper cult of the WEF intervened.. and forced everybody to become mindless slaves.

Highly recommended watch!! Contains subconsciously activating, soul-nurturing elements as well: the kind you can't put into words, but you sense are there and are active in their effect!

The following is from my 17 year old daughter who had to sit through 10 episodes with her best friend:

"where do I start" she says...
  • I can't remember most of it - that it was that boring tells you a lot about the show itself...
  • The first episode was intriguing - seemed to have a mythical back bone but as soon as it flipped forward to modernity it lost all its juice... and thereafter quickly fell apart.
  • Really awkward attempts at humor that did not fit the tone they had set.
  • Something about Cain and Able.... but this time they are friends as well as brothers - Cain keeps killing Able who says, no worry mate, that's fine...
  • They gender swapped a character from the original just so they could have a lesbian relationship...
  • A serial killer convention in one show in which they all get together to share how great they are - including a pedophile!
  • Really sick and bad pedophile jokes trying to give the impression, hey its OK - really!
  • One episode ends up with the central characters are encouraged to become their true selves - which means rampant promiscuous sex and then either commit suicide or kill each other - oh yes more pedophilia please because apparently that's what we all want to be...
  • Generally poor acting
  • Central character marginalized
  • Generally boring plot lines
  • Number of gender and race swapped characters swapped from the original is unreal.
  • Only thing it has going for it is its colour grading.
  • The fact that they hyper-woked a series that was originally woke in the original is mind blowing...
Fresh out of the mouth of the now generation (I'm just the typist here!)

The following is from my 17 year old daughter who had to sit through 10 episodes with her best friend:

• I can't remember most of it - that it was that boring tells you a lot about the show itself...
  • The first episode was intriguing - seemed to have a mythical back bone but as soon as it flipped forward to modernity it lost all its juice... and thereafter quickly fell apart.
  • Something about Cain and Able.... but this time they are friends as well as brothers - Cain keeps killing Able who says, no worry mate, that's fine...
  • They gender swapped a character from the original just so they could have a lesbian relationship...
  • A serial killer convention in one show in which they all get together to share how great they are - including a pedophile!
  • Really sick and bad pedophile jokes trying to give the impression, hey its OK - really!
  • One episode ends up with the central characters are encouraged to become their true selves - which means rampant promiscuous sex and then either commit suicide or kill each other - oh yes more pedophilia please because apparently that's what we all want to be...
  • Generally poor acting
  • Number of gender and race swapped characters swapped from the original is unreal.
  • The fact that they hyper-woked a series that was originally woke in the original is mind blowing...
Yes, the episode of the murder convention and the pedophile bothered me a lot.

In addition, the excess of exaltation of the homosexual is also annoying to me.

Heterosexuals appear to be a minority in the portrayed society.

Even so, the episode focused on the character of death, seemed to me pleasant and still has good things.

But it has a dangerous base of "programming" to normalize what is not, like murderous psychopaths.

• Generally poor acting
Someone has their eyes wide open by the looks of it 👀

In the comic book and the show, I don't think was the intention at all. The convention is a bit of black comedy, but the audience is still supposed to be horrified at the casual nature of these killers. In the end, Dream unleashes the wrath of God on them, burdening them with the conscience they lack, after which many of them commit suicide once they feel all the harm they have caused other humans. It's actually a very moralistic take--that these psychosexual killers and pedophiles are a perversion of nature and should not exist.

As for the race swapping, yeah, agreed - very annoying. They obviously had a quota (something that was strangely acknowledged and actually poked fun at in the bonus episode). Same with the homosexuality. But the interesting thing about that is that the homosexual relationships are not glorified. In fact, they are realistically portrayed: straight out of Cleckley's Caricature of Love.

Last edited:
Dream unleashes the wrath of God on them, burdening them with the conscience they lack, after which many of them commit suicide once they feel all the harm they have caused other humans. It's actually a very moralistic take--that these psychosexual killers and pedophiles are a perversion of nature and should not exist.
I had understood that this group was the result of all the time the Corinthian was loose in the world. In that sense they are the product of an anomaly. If it is seen as an excess, not that they should not exist, perhaps Dream's actions have another meaning. After all, he feels responsible for not having the Corinthian under control.

I had understood that this group was the result of all the time the Corinthian was loose in the world. In that sense they are the product of an anomaly. If it is seen as an excess, not that they should not exist, perhaps Dream's actions have another meaning. After all, he feels responsible for not having the Corinthian under control.
Yep to the first bit. I don't think Gaiman is presenting them simply as an "excess," though. The implication of a nightmare escaping the Dreaming and operating in the world on its own, creating human nightmares, is that such things should not exist in the normal, natural state of affairs - i.e. they should be limited to the dream world.

I like it. Actually I'm becoming a fan. Rare good watch in the last couple of years and the best portraying of the Gaiman's writing so far. It is very woke but thats not poking you in the eye like the rest of the production lately. CGI very good and not too much. Overall morale of the stories is humane. I can recomment watching it. Only thing is that it is in slow rhytm (at least for me), so I just increase playback speed for 10 or 20 percent (I'm watching it on my PC), and that does the trick.

I haven't watched the show yet, but I want to, as I am a fan of his comic books, so thank you all for this discussion. At least I will prepare myself. And I saw this today on FB, which is a good representation of what to expect from Netflix (and not only) nowadays.
The "hyper-wokeness" of it is truly annoying.
The only the episodes I enjoyed were the day out with Death and the man who dared them to live forever.

My biggest joys- Mark Hamill voicing Merv the Pumpkin Headed custodian, Matthew the Raven.
Boyd Holbrook as The Corinthian is brilliant, he plays the part perfectly- a truly disturbing character! Creepy as hell! Gives me the creeps, especially when he removes his dark glasses-omg…

Back
Top Bottom