"The Prayer of the Soul" Translations

Anart, I never decided to leave the group.
This group works on voluntary bases i.e. whoever think they can do something they volunteer to do it. And when they do then it is serious commitment.
If I had intention to completely stop translating activity I would have certainly say so. I have explained all about this to Aileen via email.

I don't think I sounded snippy I was just stating the obvious facts. The whole discussion is still there.
I reacted honestly and with what I thought is valuable input.
I do admit I was a bit peeved with Aileen's speaking in Msasa's name a and calling me nitpicking when IMO it was Msasa who was nitpicking when replying to Avala.

Now when I re -read everything again I also do admit that although I consciously think that I am done with Balkan and all of its political rubbish I might have reacted emotionally to Msasa' s remark that Serbian and Croatian are not essentially the same language. given the fact that I grew up in totally different climate then Msasa who is I am guessing at least 10 years younger then me.

Stormy Knight said:
Anart, I never decided to leave the group.
This group works on voluntary bases i.e. whoever think they can do something they volunteer to do it. And when they do then it is serious commitment.
If I had intention to completely stop translating activity I would have certainly say so. I have explained all about this to Aileen via email.

Yes, I'm quite aware of all that.

sk said:
I don't think I sounded snippy I was just stating the obvious facts. The whole discussion is still there.
I reacted honestly and with what I thought is valuable input.
I do admit I was a bit peeved with Aileen's speaking in Msasa's name a and calling me nitpicking when IMO it was Msasa who was nitpicking when replying to Avala.

Not thinking you sounded snippy does not mean that you did not sound snippy. You did - your being 'peeved' showed through quite strongly.

sk said:
Now when I re -read everything again I also do admit that although I consciously think that I am done with Balkan and all of its political rubbish I might have reacted emotionally to Msasa' s remark that Serbian and Croatian are not essentially the same language. given the fact that I grew up in totally different climate then Msasa who is I am guessing at least 10 years younger then me.

So, if you admit that you have reacted emotionally, then can you re-read your posts again and see that you sound snippy?

msasa said:
Ailén said:
Oh, forgot to say that I think you are nitpicking a bit here, Stormy Knight. I can't speak for msasa, but from his post I understood he was also referring to two dialects, even if he didn't use that word. Not everybody (even experts cannot agree, as you said) knows the difference between the definition of a language, a dialect, creole, pidgin, etc.

msasa wrote:

I've studied Cro grammar and syntax enough, and through Bosnian father and wife know something about Ser, to say that Ser and Cro are very similar languages but surely not one and the same.

That is close to the definition of a dialect, which is what you are talking about. Dialects can have a slightly different syntax and grammar apart from their lexicon. I believe that is what msasa was trying to explain, even if it wasn't that clear in his post.

My 2 cents.

Thanks Ailen.
I didn't know that different dialects of the same languages can have different syntax and grammar, so I used the term "similar but different languages". From this point of view, yes, Cro and Ser can be regarded as two dialects.

Avala said:
msasa said:
. . . and through Bosnian father and wife know something about Ser, to say that Ser and Cro are very similar languages but surely not one and the same . . .

And through MY Bosnian father I have studied Croatian (which indicates so called "differences", which we are talking about :)).

And if I can understand you when I am hearing in Serbian and you are speaking in Croatian that is OK for me. Two or one, whatever, just leave out biblical gloss please if it is possible. I think that it could push people off the prayer.

It seems that Bosnia is connecting our peoples more than it's been dividing them ;D

I agree, the main thing is that we understand each other when speaking our mother tongues.

And I basically agree about the biblical gloss also. But we have to be careful here.
We've all witnessed (on this forum) how word "religion" (regarding FOTCM formation) created a lot of emotional responses because its meaning has been ponerized (if I understand what ponerization means, still have to read Lobaczewski's book).
So, IMO, to not use some word in translation, which would better convey the original meaning, because this word has been used many times by the Church (or who/what-ever), could poor the translation and deprive depth of the original work from the reader, not to mention the limitation we impose on ourselves when doing this.
Maybe it's better not to assume the reaction of others, but just be fair and honest in our work and do our best when translating things.
As Laura quoted somebody in Amazing Grace, a good translator should allow original author to speak through him, should be a vessel through which author can convey his ideas to people who otherwise would not have had this opportunity.

I understand, I see that my anti church program is very strong. I am barking on a slightest resemblance to church stuff. There was also emotional revolt that someone dared to change MINE translation :-[

Maybe using those words with biblical gloss wouldn't be so bad if it is a way to bring text closer to readers. I mean "everyday people" are already accustomed to such words and unconsciously connects them with prayer, sees it as something familiar. Also it can be sword with two blades . . .

And for the language name, it could be also called Smurfian. Important is that people understand it.

Thank you Avala for this words:
"Maybe using those words with biblical gloss wouldn't be so bad if it is a way to bring text closer to readers. I mean "everyday people" are already accustomed to such words and unconsciously connects them with prayer, sees it as something familiar. Also it can be sword with two blades ."
because it really sounds better for me (and it is not so biblical for me, it sounds for me like:everydays brad).
And for this:
"And for the language name, it could be also called Smurfian. Important is that people understand it."

To be honest, I didn,t like calling the language "dialect" (my dialect is "kajkavski") but you can call it Smurfian! ;)
And once more thank you for your contributian in translating.

Also, reading this, I was thinking about important of words mantioned in last transcript:

A: They relate to the specific vibrational frequency of the moment as expressed by the numerical frequency of the combination of vowels and consonants.

Q: (L) What is the numerical frequency of a vowel and consonant?

A: It is a science barely understood by your civilization but was once well known. Words have deeper meaning than you suspect.

Wow awesome seeing the prayer of the soul in so many languages!!
Give me 2 days and I'll have for you in Icelandic!!
Great work everyone!!!

Do you have anyone who will be translating the E-E program to Italian? I saw it was not on the list. I live in Italy and there are just so many Italians that don't speak English. Will the E-E program also be dubbed in different languages in the future? It would be great for people to hear the Prayer of the Soul in their language.

Thanks for any responses! :)

GAIA said:
Great work everyone!!!

Do you have anyone who will be translating the E-E program to Italian? I saw it was not on the list. I live in Italy and there are just so many Italians that don't speak English. Will the E-E program also be dubbed in different languages in the future? It would be great for people to hear the Prayer of the Soul in their language.

Hi GAIA,

In case you missed it, the Prayer Of The Soul in Italian is here.

GAIA said:
Do you have anyone who will be translating the E-E program to Italian? I saw it was not on the list. I live in Italy and there are just so many Italians that don't speak English.

Yes, it has recently been translated into Italian and will be available very soon! :D

Will the E-E program also be dubbed in different languages in the future? It would be great for people to hear the Prayer of the Soul in their language.

Well, we are dubbing it into French after some EE students asked for it. As to other languages, it is not sure yet. It would be complicated to get good quality recordings, but it's doable in the future. There is also the fact that people wouldn't be listening to Laura's voice during the meditation.

But we'll see what we can do depending on how many people need it, and on whether the translators can do a good good sound quality recording or not.

Jerry said:
GAIA said:
Great work everyone!!!

Hi GAIA,

In case you missed it, the Prayer Of The Soul in Italian is here.

Yes I had already seen that, thanks :)

Ailén said:
GAIA said:
Do you have anyone who will be translating the E-E program to Italian? I saw it was not on the list. I live in Italy and there are just so many Italians that don't speak English.

Yes, it has recently been translated into Italian and will be available very soon! :D

Will the E-E program also be dubbed in different languages in the future? It would be great for people to hear the Prayer of the Soul in their language.

Well, we are dubbing it into French after some EE students asked for it. As to other languages, it is not sure yet. It would be complicated to get good quality recordings, but it's doable in the future. There is also the fact that people wouldn't be listening to Laura's voice during the meditation.

But we'll see what we can do depending on how many people need it, and on whether the translators can do a good good sound quality recording or not.

That's great news! I'm looking forward to buying some copies for some Italian friends! As for the dubbing, I understand what you mean. I was just thinking if someone wanted to listen to the meditation in their ipod, (which I enjoy very much before bed) it would need to be in their own language so they could contemplate/listen the words while being said. But that would be a pretty tall order, to get a good recording with the right person for some of the world's main languages!
Thank you for your quick response. Now I'll get working on translating the Prayer to Icelandic! :D

Ok here is the Icelandic translation :)

Sálar Bæn "The Prayer of the Soul"

Ó himneskur alheimshugur Oh Divine Cosmic Mind
Heilög vitund í allri sköpun Holy Awareness in All Creation
Borin í hjartanu Carried in the heart
Sjórnandi hugans Ruler of the mind
Frelsari sálarinnar Savior of the Soul
Lifðu í mér í dag Live in me today
Vertu mitt daglegt brauð Be my Daily Bread
Sem ég gef brauð til annara As I give bread to others
Hjálpaðu mér til vaxtar vitundar Help me grow in knowledge
Af allri sköpun Of All Creation
Hreinsaðu augun mín Clear my eyes
Svo ég svo ég muni sjá That I may See
Hreinsaðu eyrun mín Clear my ears
Til ég get heyrt That I may hear
Hreinsaðu mitt hjarta Cleanse my heart
Svo ég megi þekkja og elska That I may know and love
Heilagleika tilverunnar The Holiness of True Existence
Guðdómlegan alheimshug Divine Cosmic Mind

Hello,

here is the updated version of the German POTS:

German said:
Das Gebet der Seele

Oh göttlicher kosmischer Geist
Heiliges Bewusstsein in aller Schöpfung
Getragen im Herzen
Beherrscher des Geistes
Retter der Seele
Lebe in mir heute
Sei mein tägliches Brot
So wie ich Brot an Andere gebe
Hilf, mein Wissen
um alle Schöpfung zu erweitern
Lichte meine Augen
damit ich sehen kann
Kläre meine Ohren
damit ich hören kann
Läutere mein Herz
damit ich die Heiligkeit wahrer Existenz
zu wissen und lieben vermag
Göttlicher kosmischer Geist​

Gawan said:
Hello,

here is the updated version of the German POTS:

German said:
Das Gebet der Seele

Oh göttlicher kosmischer Geist
Heiliges Bewusstsein in aller Schöpfung
Getragen im Herzen
Beherrscher des Geistes
Retter der Seele
Lebe in mir heute
Sei mein tägliches Brot
So wie ich Brot an Andere gebe
Hilf, mein Wissen
um alle Schöpfung zu erweitern
Lichte meine Augen
damit ich sehen kann
Kläre meine Ohren
damit ich hören kann
Läutere mein Herz
damit ich die Heiligkeit wahrer Existenz
zu wissen und lieben vermag
Göttlicher kosmischer Geist​

jetzt mal ne blöde Frage aber heist es nicht "Göttlich kosmischer Geist" anstatt " Göttlicher kosmischer Geist" ?
ich weis nicht aber das klingt irgendwie besser!?

Edit:
translate:
maybe a stupit question but should it be "Göttlich kosmischer Geist" instead of "Göttlicher kosmischer Geist" ?
I don't know but this sounds better !?

the distinction between "Göttlich" and "Göttlicher" is not given in the english language, there only exist "divine" so I can not translate this part.

Pashalis said:
jetzt mal ne blöde Frage aber heist es nicht "Göttlich kosmischer Geist" anstatt " Göttlicher kosmischer Geist" ?
ich weis nicht aber das klingt irgendwie besser!?

Hi Pashalis,

Can you translate? Thanks. :)

Pashalis said:
maybe a stupit question but should it be "Göttlich kosmischer Geist" instead of "Göttlicher kosmischer Geist" ?

I think both are okay. But in your example, "göttlich" would be an abbreviation of "göttlicher". Because you also say, for one example, "schnellER agilER Läufer" and not "schell agilER Läufer".

Data said:
Pashalis said:

I think both are okay. But in your example, "göttlich" would be an abbreviation of "göttlicher". Because you also say, for one example, "schnellER agilER Läufer" and not "schell agilER Läufer".

yes I think you can use both, too. but at least for me when I speak the prayer it sounds a lot better with "göttlich" than "göttlicher".
and there is another thing, I say "So wie ich Brot anderen gebe" instead of "So wie ich Brot an Andere gebe" that sounds and feels lot better for me.

Back
Top Bottom