The Origin and Significance of the Magen David

Laura said:
A very good way to get a handle on how all this comes about is to read "Man and Impact in the Americas" by Grondine and "The Diluvian Impact" by Heinrich P. Koch.

Speaking of which, I have a question about Grondine's book -- I think I got the main gist where he discusses cometary impact and it's effect on the peoples (and peopling) of the Americas, but he has this large subtheme going on through much of the book about giants. I have to admit that I didn't see the connection between the two (impacts and giants) -- did I miss something obvious? Does anyone else have any ideas about the connection between the two?

Shijing said:
Laura said:
A very good way to get a handle on how all this comes about is to read "Man and Impact in the Americas" by Grondine and "The Diluvian Impact" by Heinrich P. Koch.

Speaking of which, I have a question about Grondine's book -- I think I got the main gist where he discusses cometary impact and it's effect on the peoples (and peopling) of the Americas, but he has this large subtheme going on through much of the book about giants. I have to admit that I didn't see the connection between the two (impacts and giants) -- did I miss something obvious? Does anyone else have any ideas about the connection between the two?

Did you read "The Diluvian Impact"? Have you missed the fact that we are also looking for genetic mutations associated with impact events?

Laura said:
Did you read "The Diluvian Impact"? Have you missed the fact that we are also looking for genetic mutations associated with impact events?

No, I haven't finished The Diluvian Impact yet. I am aware of the connection between genetic mutations and impact events since it has been discussed quite a bit in relation to psychopathy, I guess I just didn't see that Grondine was making that connection himself, perhaps because of the discussion involving stories where some peoples did various things to artificially lengthen the bodies of the royalty. Gigantism would make sense in the context of genetic mutation, though, so thanks for pointing that out, and I'll be looking for more details when I am able to finish the The Diluvian Impact (I'm trying to get through Saharasia right now in time to return it by it's due date, but I should be able to get back to The Diluvian Impact after that).

Laura said:
Now, what we need is Clube's "The Cosmic Serpent" and "The Cosmic Winter" in scanned/text format because his findings about the names of planets that were originally the names of threatening comets, put together with what is in this paper, is quite revelatory.

I can do this with "The Cosmic Winter". I will make a Word document from it. Let me know where to send.

Shijing said:
Laura said:

No, I haven't finished The Diluvian Impact yet. I am aware of the connection between genetic mutations and impact events since it has been discussed quite a bit in relation to psychopathy, I guess I just didn't see that Grondine was making that connection himself, perhaps because of the discussion involving stories where some peoples did various things to artificially lengthen the bodies of the royalty. Gigantism would make sense in the context of genetic mutation, though, so thanks for pointing that out, and I'll be looking for more details when I am able to finish the The Diluvian Impact (I'm trying to get through Saharasia right now in time to return it by it's due date, but I should be able to get back to The Diluvian Impact after that).

Of course, Grondine isn't making that connection. That's the beauty of it: he's just reporting from a different angle, but for those who have a different theory, the information has a different meaning.

It's also extremely interesting that the giants are repeatedly described in ancient stories as being cannibals - being voraciously hungry.

Laura said:
It's also extremely interesting that the giants are repeatedly described in ancient stories as being cannibals - being voraciously hungry.

Yes, it makes me think of Jack and the Beanstalk -- it also brings to mind what I have read so far in Saharasia, about impoverished climatic conditions leading to behaviors and social structures that were absent when things were more plentiful. I don't know if that would tie in with giants and cannibalism or not...

Shijing said:
Laura said:

Yes, it makes me think of Jack and the Beanstalk -- it also brings to mind what I have read so far in Saharasia, about impoverished climatic conditions leading to behaviors and social structures that were absent when things were more plentiful. I don't know if that would tie in with giants and cannibalism or not...

The problem I had with Saharasia was 1) he didn't understand the significance of cyclic disasters, though he does bring it up at one point; 2) he doesn't consider genetic mutations as being a result/cause/result factor. He assumes that people just go "native" under stressful conditions without factoring in psychopathology. But, overall, it is a good book to get a bird's eye view of human history.

Laura said:
Now, what we need is Clube's "The Cosmic Serpent" and "The Cosmic Winter" in scanned/text format because his findings about the names of planets that were originally the names of threatening comets, put together with what is in this paper, is quite revelatory.

I have yet to tackle the above books, but I wanted to quote something from SHOTW which intrigued me in the context of Saturn worshipping.
From SHOTW page 297 (pdf version) there is the following quote from Tacitus:
Some say that the Jews were fugitives from the island of Crete, who settled on the nearest coast of Africa about the time when Saturn was driven from his throne by the power of Jupiter. Evidence of this is sought in the name. There is a famous mountain in Crete called Ida; the neighboring tribe, the Ideai, came to be called Judaei by a barbarous lengthening of the national name.

Here we have a connection of Jews to Saturn.
The question that immediately came to my mind was what was Jupiter and its power?
Just speculating here, but is it possible that "Jupiter's power" was its gravitational power that somehow caused a slingshot of a comet towards earth causing the Thera eruption?

*somewhere on the web* recently, I saw a picture taken from one of the deep space probes (Cassini?), that was done by an infrared camera; it showed a very large energy ring around Saturn, which is not contiguous with the planet's rings. The energy ring (which shows as a blurry red donut shape on the photo) was speculated by NASA to be from a collision with the visible dust rings. In August 2009, a probable meteorite collided with one of the rings, leaving a bright visible trail; and over the last couple of years, many more moons of Jupiter have been identified, leading to speculation that there may be incoming debris that is aggregating.

Very interesting read.

What was bugging me is why a 6 pointed star and references to hexagonal temples in relation to saturn? Especially considering this:

http://news.discovery.com/space/saturns-north-pole-hexagon-mystery-solved.html

hmm...ppl circling round a meteor fragment associated with a planet that has a hexagon pattern as a result of circling fluids, possibly in ancient hexagonal temples?

Not sure where the circling originated, but muslims circle the kaaba 7 times, anti-clockwise. I also found mention (but no exact reference) that in the quran Hajar, Abrahams wife, circlles 2 hills 7 times to find water for her child.

http://www.knowswhy.com/why-do-muslims-circle-the-kaaba-seven-times/

Also this:

In pre-Islamic times, the Asaf and Naelah statues were placed on the main stones of the Kaabah of Mecca and on the two stones of Safa and Marwa. In the Umra' Hajj the pilgrims had to circle these statues seven times.

http://religionresearchinstitute.org/Hajj/umra.htm

The above article seems intersting, though I have not finished reading it yet.

Thanks for making this connection. I had forgotten about the hexagon on Saturn.

Laura said:
Thanks for making this connection. I had forgotten about the hexagon on Saturn.

Thank you for this thread! Saturn has always fascinated me...and, FWIW, Laura you have been presently experiencing your second Saturn return! No small thing, here.

I want to read up on all this very interesting material that has been posted here...I never dreamed of finding this type of information and then relating it to cataclysmic events! I hope my eyes hold up!

this thread jogged free a memory (15 yrs?) of seeing a 'plot-line'(?) graphed astrological chart, supposedly done for Rabbi Yeshua, that
created an almost perfect "Mogen David".

here's a site with a different twist on it:http://www.hol.com/~johnboy/pageone.htg/pageone.htm

Back
Top Bottom