The odd couple

treesparrow

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Came across this quote in a book about wildlife the other day -

AN OLD RAVEN

5 APRIL 1790

I met with one of the extraordinary phenomena that I ever saw, or heard of: - Mr Sellers has in his yard a large Newfoundland dog, and an old raven. They have fallen deeply in love with each other, and never desire to be apart. The bird has learned the bark of the dog, so that few can distinquish them. She is inconsolable when he goes out; and, if he stays out a day or two, she will get up all the bones and scraps she can, and hoard them up for him till he comes back.

JOHN WESLEY (1703-1791), England

Anyone know other stories or have anecdotes about 2D relationships? I've seen cats 'friendly' with dogs and horses by sleeping on top of them, but the cats probably regarded them as little more than walking hot water bottles!

I think there was a video posted some time ago on the forum about a bird and a kitten, and the bird watched over the kitten.

I find such occurences really touching and impressing! As they seem to be pretty rare, I wonder (attention: speculative jump)
whether those animals could be close to a 3D life?

Hi Puzzle

I think you mean this post. I posted it awhile back which is why I remembered it. It's the clip of the crow and the kitten.

http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=8255.msg59051#msg59051

Annette1 said:
Hi Puzzle

I think you mean this post. I posted it awhile back which is why I remembered it. It's the clip of the crow and the kitten.

Wow... That was just fascinating! Thank you Annette, I don't think I have seen or heard of anything like that before!

Puzzle said:
I find such occurences really touching and impressing! As they seem to be pretty rare, I wonder (attention: speculative jump)

Yes, makes me wonder the same. Either that, or what the emotional life of animals is assumed to be is seriously underestimated, I think

Gertrudes said:
Annette1 said:
Hi Puzzle

Wow... That was just fascinating! Thank you Annette, I don't think I have seen or heard of anything like that before!

Thanks Annette1, that's exactly what I was talking about! Really fascinating! :)

Gertrudes said:
Puzzle said:

Yes, makes me wonder the same. Either that, or what the emotional life of animals is assumed to be is seriously underestimated, I think

Yes, people do seem to underestimate our 2D friends. I wonder, maybe those 4D STS types do underestimate us the same way? An advantage for us? :P

Back
Top Bottom