The Magnesium Miracle

Menrva said:
onemen said:
Does anyone know if this Brand is legit? "Vitamins because your worth it"
_http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magnesium-Citrate-833-mg-200-Capsules-High-Potency-Fresh-Expires-2021-USA-FDA-/201396417131?hash=item2ee429726b:g:DGAAAOSwAKxWXed~ How can they get precisely 833mg also so cheap..
833mg of magnesium citrate is likely to cause bowel intolerance - soft stools and/or diarrhea - in people who are deficient. That means the magnesium isn't absorbed by the body and would be a waste of money - no pun intended. :) The fact that they don't know that and their label is misspelled ('your' should be 'you're') is a bit fishy - to me at least.

If you are looking for inexpensive magnesium citrate or another form of magnesium, Swanson Vitamins carries quite a few low-priced, reputable brands and they do ship internationally.

https://www.swansonvitamins.com/q?kw=magnesium+citrate

I agree, it looks fishy to me too, I'd probably get it from a different brand. Brands I've used that I think are good are 'Now Foods', 'Source Naturals', and 'Natural Factors', but I recommend to always check the ingredients.

As a sidenote, I discovered this website which sells magnesium chloride crystals which people can dissolve in warm water for a bath or a foot soak. I used a magnesium chloride crystals bag once, and it had an immediate effect. But shipping costs are lowest for people in the Netherlands/Germany/Belgium. On Amazon, it's available here, for those who are interested.

Oxajil said:
Menrva said:
onemen said:
_http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magnesium-Citrate-833-mg-200-Capsules-High-Potency-Fresh-Expires-2021-USA-FDA-/201396417131?hash=item2ee429726b:g:DGAAAOSwAKxWXed~ How can they get precisely 833mg also so cheap..
833mg of magnesium citrate is likely to cause bowel intolerance - soft stools and/or diarrhea - in people who are deficient. That means the magnesium isn't absorbed by the body and would be a waste of money - no pun intended. :) The fact that they don't know that and their label is misspelled ('your' should be 'you're') is a bit fishy - to me at least.

If you are looking for inexpensive magnesium citrate or another form of magnesium, Swanson Vitamins carries quite a few low-priced, reputable brands and they do ship internationally.

I agree, it looks fishy to me too, I'd probably get it from a different brand. Brands I've used that I think are good are 'Now Foods', 'Source Naturals', and 'Natural Factors', but I recommend to always check the ingredients.

As a sidenote, I discovered this website which sells magnesium chloride crystals which people can dissolve in warm water for a bath or a foot soak. I used a magnesium chloride crystals bag once, and it had an immediate effect. But shipping costs are lowest for people in the Netherlands/Germany/Belgium. On Amazon, it's available here, for those who are interested.

Thank you Menrva for the website. I bookmarked it for future reference, it's really handy for comparing differents bottles. I've taken the Now Food 250 tabs , and in the end bought it on amazon.fr as it as only a few euros difference from Swanson+shipping cost.

Engineering360
Video: Microbots Trap and Kill Waterborne Bacteria (Video 1:23)
S. Himmelstein 01 July 2017
http://insights.globalspec.com/article/5709/video-microbots-trap-and-kill-waterborne-bacteria?frmtrk=cr4digest&cid=nl&et_rid=763213224&et_mid=83497894
When waterborne pathogens prove resistant to conventional disinfectants or when use of chemical agents is not desirable, send out self-propelled microbots decorated with silver nanoparticles.

Researchers engineered Janus, or two-faced, spherical particles to remove bacteria from water. One face is made with magnesium, which reacts with water to produce hydrogen bubbles and propel the micromotors. The other face is made out of alternating iron and gold layers topped by silver nanoparticles. Bacteria stick to the gold and are deactivated by the silver nanoparticles.

Lab testing showed that the particles can motor around in water for 15 to 20 minutes before the magnesium is spent. More than 80% of Escherichia coli in water spiked with a high concentration of the bacteria was trapped. Because of the iron’s magnetic properties, the microbots are removed easily with a magnet, without leaving any waste behind in the water.

Lab testing showed that the particles can motor around in water for 15 to 20 minutes before the magnesium is spent. More than 80% of Escherichia coli in water spiked with a high concentration of the bacteria was trapped. Because of the iron’s magnetic properties, the microbots are removed easily with a magnet, without leaving any waste behind in the water.

Scientists from Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems (Stuttgart, Germany), The Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (Barcelona, Spain), and Institució Catalana de Recerca (Barcelona, Spain) participated in this research.

Image:
http://insights.globalspec.com/images/assets/709/5709/swimmingmicr.png
Tiny, self-propelled robots trap bacteria and could help make water safer to drink. (Credit: American Chemical Society)

onemen said:
Oxajil said:
Menrva said:
onemen said:

Thank you Menrva for the website. I bookmarked it for future reference, it's really handy for comparing differents bottles. I've taken the Now Food 250 tabs , and in the end bought it on amazon.fr as it as only a few euros difference from Swanson+shipping cost.

Hi,

I was under the impression that Magnesium supplement containing Magnesium Stearate were not good for our health? The one from Swanson and Now contains this ingredient, hence why I'm steering away from them. I live in the UK and I'm trying to find "clean" magnesium. It's sooo hard. I have found two brand based in the US which seems to be clean (but quite pricey due to shipping fees). Has any of you tried them? What do you think?

https://vitalbiologics.com/products/pure-magnesium-taurate-powder

http://superiorlabssupplements.com/product/magnesium-citrate/

DianaRose94 said:
Hi,

I was under the impression that Magnesium supplement containing Magnesium Stearate were not good for our health? The one from Swanson and Now contains this ingredient, hence why I'm steering away from them. I live in the UK and I'm trying to find "clean" magnesium. It's sooo hard. I have found two brand based in the US which seems to be clean (but quite pricey due to shipping fees). Has any of you tried them? What do you think?

Hi DianaRose94, both products look fine to me! :) I haven't used Magnesium Taurate myself, but Carolyn Dean (author of 'the Magnesium Miracle') says it's ok. And yeah, you're right about stearate, too much of it isn't good. Personally I think it should be ok in very small quantities, but if you can get a supplement without, even better. There's also magnesium powder of the Now brand that doesn't have magnesium stearate: Link.

One note with magnesium powder: You have to mix it really well with water (cold or lukewarm, not hot!), because it tends to get lumpy.

Lilou said:
Thanks for posting this, Oxajil. It makes total sense about the calcification of the trabecular meshwork slowing down drainage of aqueous fluid! I often recommend Magnesium for my patients, but will make a point to do so for those with higher IOPs and glaucoma. Lately, I've seen A LOT of younger people with pressures well into the 20's (normal is between 12 - 18 mmHg, for an average corneal thickness).

Just in regard to calcification. Vitamin K2 job is to activate proteins such as MGP and osteocalcin to direct calcium into bones and teeth, AND to draw calcium out of soft tissue, such as these tubules and organs, blood vessels,... Two types of Vitamin K2 are the short lived (in the body) MK4, available in Brie and Gouda cheese, and the much longer lived Mk7 available in natto, or supplements. I am presently taking daily about 480 mcg of MK7, and also enjoying brie and gouda! ;-)

https://www.amazon.ca/Vitamin-Calcium-Paradox-Kate-Rheaume-Bleue/dp/1443428078
if you want to supplement, make sure it is the MK7 version.

anarkist said:
Lilou said:
Thanks for posting this, Oxajil. It makes total sense about the calcification of the trabecular meshwork slowing down drainage of aqueous fluid! I often recommend Magnesium for my patients, but will make a point to do so for those with higher IOPs and glaucoma. Lately, I've seen A LOT of younger people with pressures well into the 20's (normal is between 12 - 18 mmHg, for an average corneal thickness).

Just in regard to calcification. Vitamin K2 job is to activate proteins such as MGP and osteocalcin to direct calcium into bones and teeth, AND to draw calcium out of soft tissue, such as these tubules and organs, blood vessels,... Two types of Vitamin K2 are the short lived (in the body) MK4, available in Brie and Gouda cheese, and the much longer lived Mk7 available in natto, or supplements. I am presently taking daily about 480 mcg of MK7, and also enjoying brie and gouda! ;-)

https://www.amazon.ca/Vitamin-Calcium-Paradox-Kate-Rheaume-Bleue/dp/1443428078
if you want to supplement, make sure it is the MK7 version.

Thanks anarkist for the info on Vitamin K! I've heard brie and gouda (Dutch cheese!) can be tasty, but I would be careful if I were you. They may contain the right version of vitamin K, but they also contain casein, which is said to be as harmful as gluten. Have you read discussions on that topic on the forum yet? It could save you from some inflammation in the future. Eliminating it sure helped me personally. If you're interested to know more about the topic, here is a good article to start with: Why Milk Is So Evil

The protein casein in dairy products creates serious problems just like the protein gluten in some grains like wheat. They can trigger an autoimmune response and/or mimic endorphins to cause changes in perception, mood, and behavior. The mechanism involved has to do with a failure of a particular enzyme which disassembles the gluten and casein protein, a digestive process necessary for our bodies to extract the nutrients from these proteins. Because of the failure of this enzyme to do its job, a remaining undigested fragment of those proteins survive, and to our defense/immune system this fragment resembles a virus. Then, thinking that it is a virus, our bodies will trigger an immune/defense response to protect our bodies from the 'invader'. Because this gluten or casein fragment is so similar to various disease-causing viruses, it will generate a complex reaction, an autoimmune response which is suspected to play a role in type I diabetes, multiple sclerosis and autism. Complex immune responses damage different tissues in different people, so the range of diseases is very diverse. Also, the undigested gluten or casein fragments look like opium-like drugs which can have a significant influence on our behavior and brains. They are literally drugs - and that is why people are so hooked on dairy and gluten!

Oxajil said:
DianaRose94 said:
Hi,

Hi DianaRose94, both products look fine to me! :) I haven't used Magnesium Taurate myself, but Carolyn Dean (author of 'the Magnesium Miracle') says it's ok. And yeah, you're right about stearate, too much of it isn't good. Personally I think it should be ok in very small quantities, but if you can get a supplement without, even better. There's also magnesium powder of the Now brand that doesn't have magnesium stearate: Link.

One note with magnesium powder: You have to mix it really well with water (cold or lukewarm, not hot!), because it tends to get lumpy.

Thanks! Eventually I ordered Magnesium L-Threonate by Dr Mercola as it worked out cheapest with cost of shipping included. I tried it for the first time today. Hopefully, my body will react well to it :)

I've been using magnesium chloride spray on my body regularly for a while now. I ran out of the flakes recently and wondered if I could use epsom salts (magnesium sulfate) instead and found some articles on it.

No Bath Tub? Here's How To Make A Sprayable Epsom Salt Soak
3 Easy Ways To Make Magnesium Oil – The Health Benefits Will Surprise You!

I've been using a 1/2 epsom salt and 1/2 water mixture with with great results so far. It's not as sticky and doesn't burn the skin. It's cheaper alternative, too.

Also, given the recent interview with Stephanie Seneff, it seems to me that it's a good way to get more sulfate into the body.

I've ordered Carolyn Dean's ReMag product (magnesium supplement) and should hopefully be able to pick it up tomorrow. Description of the product:

ReMag™ is truly The Magnesium Miracle™ as it is an essential cofactor required by 700-800 enzyme systems that promote thousands of biochemical reactors in the body. It regulates temperature, produces and transports energy, transmits nerve signals, and relaxes muscles. Magnesium is vital for glucose, fat, and protein metabolism, and affects every cell in the body in a positive life-supporting way. Magnesium also supports healthy bones by regulating calcium absorption and metabolizing the active form of Vitamin D from its storage form.

Created by Dr. Carolyn Dean (author of The Magnesium Miracle), ReMag™ minerals are meticulously created from a pure source of magnesium chloride and developed to deliver stabilized magnesium ions that are similar in size to plant magnesium. ReMag is a picometer-ionic form of magnesium, smaller in diameter than the body's cell mineral ion channels. Its direct and complete absorption into cells means ReMag™ bypasses a leaky gut and does not even reach the large intestine to cause diarrhea. Therefore, ReMag does not have a laxative effect.

Reviews vary, but a lot of of them are quite positive. Apparently the taste is quite bitter! I've been wanting to try it out since I heard about it a couple of years ago. I'll see how it goes and then report back here.

Reviews vary, but a lot of of them are quite positive. Apparently the taste is quite bitter! I've been wanting to try it out since I heard about it a couple of years ago. I'll see how it goes and then report back here.

Still testing it out, but so far I like it. The taste is quite bitter, but what I do is add a half tsp of vitamin C powder (ascorbic acid) with the half tsp of the Magnesium solution in a big cup of water. (I use this combo, because I don't mind a sour taste). The first time I drank it, the taste was :nuts: but as I continued I became more and more used to it. Just a note: For anyone who wants to try it out, it needs to be diluted more and you have to start with a tiny bit of the solution (as the instructions say). It's hard to say if it's doing anything big. The only thing I can say is that after my last workout, where mostly my legs felt 'destroyed', I had very little to none muscle ache in my legs the day after, which was interesting. It may also have helped with my anxiety a bit, but that's too soon to tell. I'll see how it goes in the coming weeks. I do like it better than taking those big magnesium tablets!

My father has glaucoma and an eye pressure of 29 mm Hg and uveitis what dosage of magnesium is needed to reduce the pressure. (He's also hypertensive and weighs ~100+.)

We buy pure Magnesiumdicitrit from Germany as power (½ kilo)

which is waaaaay cheaper than most pill wrapped products. I get mine from www.tri-mag.eu where a half kilo costs 20.90 € + shipping (That version contains a little equivalent to a day's normal recommended amount of 375 mg Magnesium) The refill package costs 19.90 €.

My husband Sal, who does a lot of physical exercises every day, tolerates twice the amount of Mg.

I also noticed that when you take less than 390 mg by dividing the amount 2-3x over the day, the likelyhood to get a loose bowel is less likely.

I have used this product for over 4 years

and noticed together with the daily intake of Vitamin-D3+K2 wih 5000 UI - that I got more tolerant to stress and felt more aligned, at ease, as well not going into a mood of winter depression (which up here in Stockholm together with the lack of sunshine is very pronounced).

As a metro driver at the Stockholm subway, we have plenty of stress and funky working hours. Trains have to go by the second, and the company is keen on measuring every second and task (It is Stockholm's most surveilled workspace !) During pre-Corona rushhours, the trains were so badly packed with people, that the stress level were insane. I often felt the onset of lingering dread, wrecking my body.

Tri-mag.eu also sells Potassium, Zink, Calcium, Omega 3, and amino acids. I have not used any of those products, except for Potassium and Magnesium.

My husband, who had irregular heart beat several years ago - which completely disappeared after we added Potassium (next to Mg). His funky doctor in Sicily recommended to him to decrease salt, and to take a medicine for the rest of his life (which he refused).

The error Sal did, was while training in Sicily in summer at 40°C - he drank up to 6 liter (!) water - which of course is a great danger in itself, pulling ou far too many minerals out of the body. When I heard about that - I understood the problem; he decreased the amount of water, added more salt, and with help of Mg and Potassium, everything got restored.

Since then - he never had any problems with heart rhythm ever again.

We buy pure Magnesiumdicitrit from Germany as power (½ kilo)

which is waaaaay cheaper than most pill wrapped products. I get mine from www.tri-mag.eu where a half kilo costs 20.90 € + shipping (That version contains a little equivalent to a day's normal recommended amount of 375 mg Magnesium) The refill package costs 19.90 €.

My husband Sal, who does a lot of physical exercises every day, tolerates twice the amount of Mg.

I also noticed that when you take less than 390 mg by dividing the amount 2-3x over the day, the likelyhood to get a loose bowel is less likely.

I have used this product for over 4 years

and noticed together with the daily intake of Vitamin-D3+K2 wih 5000 UI - that I got more tolerant to stress and felt more aligned, at ease, as well not going into a mood of winter depression (which up here in Stockholm together with the lack of sunshine is very pronounced).

As a metro driver at the Stockholm subway, we have plenty of stress and funky working hours. Trains have to go by the second, and the company is keen on measuring every second and task (It is Stockholm's most surveilled workspace !) During pre-Corona rushhours, the trains were so badly packed with people, that the stress level were insane. I often felt the onset of lingering dread, wrecking my body.

Tri-mag.eu also sells Potassium, Zink, Calcium, Omega 3, and amino acids. I have not used any of those products, except for Potassium and Magnesium.

My husband, who had irregular heart beat several years ago - which completely disappeared after we added Potassium (next to Mg). His funky doctor in Sicily recommended to him to decrease salt, and to take a medicine for the rest of his life (which he refused).

The error Sal did, was while training in Sicily in summer at 40°C - he drank up to 6 liter (!) water - which of course is a great danger in itself, pulling ou far too many minerals out of the body. When I heard about that - I understood the problem; he decreased the amount of water, added more salt, and with help of Mg and Potassium, everything got restored.

Since then - he never had any problems with heart rhythm ever again.
Ha ha ha. Funny how city physicians don't care about the cause of diseases, for the majority of them. Ha ha ha, they're like sales agents. x)

They don't care about health prevention. x) Lol, they have been formed to selling. x) It's like those persons selling Tupperwares. x)

Back
Top Bottom