The last global mud flood

For instance, if I understand the issue well, a thread about whether there was a catastrophic discontinuity of history just before the 15th century, or something like that.
I don't know what format would be most functional. I do see that currently it is all over the place in terms of information in three or four different threads making it more difficult to follow. The mud flood, the cathedrals, the world fairs; they are all connected and I have to leave it to mods to take the most practicable action for a solution.
Another option would be to create a new thread with newly defined questions to tackle.
Do you mean a new thread with a title encompassing the existing questions and a merging of the present threads?

Do you mean a new thread with a title encompassing the existing questions and a merging of the present threads?
Sorry, I didn't express that suggestion clearly. What I meant was a thread along the lines of "Did a global catastrophe occur in the 1500?" or "What really happened between the 10th and the 16th centuries?" etc. I don't know the subject very well so I can't propose real titles, but the idea is to have a discussion about a certain period of interest, not just generalities. Hope it's clearer.

'Mysteries of history' may sound less accusative for the naysayers and more welcoming for those wanting to delve further.
It really focuses on the mystery of history from Justinian to the (early) 20th century/Worlds Fairs, FWIW. I don’t think everything is a cut and dried slam dunk from 1600 on. And I wouldn’t create yet another thread. I’d just rename this one but that’s just me.

It really focuses on the mystery of history from Justinian to the (early) 20th century/Worlds Fairs, FWIW. I don’t think everything is a cut and dried slam dunk from 1600 on. And I wouldn’t create yet another thread. I’d just rename this one but that’s just me.
That sounds like a time line going back to Caesar, briefly, and the Roman remains and onward through the dark ages of which we have so little, vague and even contradictory records. Records on weather, climate, geologic events would have to be included and compared to significant growth or decline anomalies in society. Sounds like a plan. 'What is our true timeline?'

Sorry, I didn't express that suggestion clearly. What I meant was a thread along the lines of "Did a global catastrophe occur in the 1500?" or "What really happened between the 10th and the 16th centuries?" etc. I don't know the subject very well so I can't propose real titles, but the idea is to have a discussion about a certain period of interest, not just generalities. Hope it's clearer.
Ok, sure.
So, can we merge the Last global mood flood and the Cathedrals and churches under a new title of:
'What is our true timeline?'
From there we can start a timeline of sorts with:
Records on weather, climate, geologic events...
From there we can question the veracity of records or lack thereof and add information or dissection of details, etc.

Is that doable?

Some amazing architecture from old world Belgium accompanied by a brief history, as we have been told. Amazing achievements during times of mini ice ages, plagues and upheaval. There seems to be so much Germanic and/or jewish connections to so much of our history. (24min)

A somewhat tongue-in-cheek look at the accepted narrative of history. The second half looks at the more ancient past, and compares some with the first part.
The video begins with a quote from writer Milan Kundera:

"The first step in liquidation a people, is to erase its memory.
Destroy its books, its culture, its history.
Then have somebody write new books, manufacture a new culture, invent a new history.
Before long the nation will begin to forget what it is and what it was.
The world around it will forget even faster."

Nice. Everyone tends to hear and read these quotes and then apply it to other people in other eras and nod their heads and think, “yes, so obvious this is what happens. So glad I am a wise owl not subject to this phenomenon.”

In the span of my lifetime I have seen the narratives shift, the rationale for things morph, the histories reconfigured. When the older generations die off, the younger generations who take their place in society have been “educated” and believe different BS. What was once is no more. Now we know!

Back
Top Bottom