The invisibility of my husband

loreta

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Last night I had a sort of nightmare. Nothing horripilant in it, no monsters, no blood. Just this: I am with my husband in a sort of pastry store. My husband is waiting near the exist door while I look the pastries. In the store there are 3 other customers, old women and also 2 dogs, one that I mistake with an old women. Suddenly I see my husband leave the store. (My husband have MS, so I am always checking for him because he has difficulty to walk alone. this in real life) I leave the store to see where he is but no husband anywhere. Where is he? No store near, no other houses where he can be. I call him. Call him with desperation. No husband. I say to myself I will need to call the police but they will say it is too early for checking for him. I am really scare. I am in a dream where you try to do something but are unable to do it. I repose my back on a wall and start to cry and crying a wake up.

During the day I was thinking about my death. If I die my husband will be alone, in a sort of limbo, alone as I was feeling in the dream, far away from me if I die. If I die he will become an invisible being, for me. Like in my dream maybe I will look for him without finding him. That's what I thought during the day when I was thinking about my death.

The positive emotion was when I wake up crying and looking for my husband in his room. I was so happy to see him, alive, here, present, my husband that I love so badly sometimes. Take care of him with tenderness I thought.

Dreams can have all kinds of metaphorical symbols that many people share, or are specific to what they represent to each person individually. Having said that, and based on your reflection on the dream over the day also, it seems like the old women and 2 dogs represent those things that may be distracting you from paying attention to "where your husband is going". So while situational awareness is a good thing, it may be that you are spending undue attention to people and things that keep you from giving the care you so want to give to your husband. It may also be that, being a very good and caring partner who is quite attentive to your mate, this dream expressed your unconscious fears about the possibility of losing him. That one can certainly be a biggie.

Has there been a time recently when you had a lapse of attention towards him? Or are there things in general you've been thinking of improving upon? As has been mentioned in other posts on dreams, it may also be that the husband in your dream represents some part of yourself in some way; that may be worth some considering as well.

Dreams can have all kinds of metaphorical symbols that many people share, or are specific to what they represent to each person individually. Having said that, and based on your reflection on the dream over the day also, it seems like the old women and 2 dogs represent those things that may be distracting you from paying attention to "where your husband is going". So while situational awareness is a good thing, it may be that you are spending undue attention to people and things that keep you from giving the care you so want to give to your husband. It may also be that, being a very good and caring partner who is quite attentive to your mate, this dream expressed your unconscious fears about the possibility of losing him. That one can certainly be a biggie.

Has there been a time recently when you had a lapse of attention towards him? Or are there things in general you've been thinking of improving upon? As has been mentioned in other posts on dreams, it may also be that the husband in your dream represents some part of yourself in some way; that may be worth some considering as well.
Thank you for your ideas about this dream. You are right, I am afraid to lose him, and am afraid if something happens to me what would become of him, vue his situation.

The problem with our lives in general is that we are so busy with things that are not important, or busy doing things instead of paying attention with what you have just there. I need to pay more attention, be more present with my husband that do not like very much to communicate. He is also a little Asperger. So many times I call him, inside me or not, and he is not there.

When I wake up crying maybe I was crying for all of this. This invisibility that is always here, between us. But I make efforts to be more present, more gentle. It is not easy. I am grateful for this dream that teach me how strong is our solitude, for the two of us. I can express mine but my husband can not express his solitude, never talks about it and never will do.

Back
Top Bottom