The fourth kind

Synopsis

In 1972, a scale of measurement was established for alien encounters. When a UFO is sighted, it is called an encounter of the first kind. When evidence is collected, it is known as an encounter of the second kind. When contact is made with extraterrestrials, it is the third kind. The next level, abduction, is the fourth kind. This encounter has been the most difficult to document...until now. Structured unlike any film before it, "The Fourth Kind" is a provocative thriller set in modern-day Nome, Alaska, where-mysteriously since the 1960s-a disproportionate number of the population has been reported missing every year. Despite multiple FBI investigations of the region, the truth has never been discovered. Here in this remote region, psychologist Dr. Abigail Tyler began videotaping sessions with traumatized patients and unwittingly discovered some of the most disturbing evidence of alien abduction ever documented. Using never-before-seen archival footage that is integrated into the film, The Fourth Kind exposes the terrified revelations of multiple witnesses. Their accounts of being visited by alien figures all share disturbingly identical details, the validity of which is investigated throughout the film.

http://www.movietickets.com/movie_detail.asp?movie_id=76650

We just returned from seeing this. IMO the movie leaves one with more questions than answers. It doesn't go into any detail about the abductions, doesn't give a description of the abductors or what takes place during the abductions. I was surprised to see the references to the Anunnaki and ancient Sumerian text and how it relates to what is going on. IMO the movie was made to be more of a horror flick than informative. To me it was more disturbing than scary. Even though I was a little disappointed, I would still give this film four of five stars. I wouldn't mind seeing it again as I usually pick up on things I missed during the first viewing. It would have been nice to have seen more information about the Anunnaki's relationship to all of this and details of the abductions. Anyone else seen this yet? If so, what's your take on it?

Blessings,

Michael

I saw the movie and from reading articles it looks like this is a hoax. Apparently, there were 20 or 24 people (depending on the article) that went missing in Nome, Alaska, and the FBI did investigate, and 8 are still unaccounted for, but the people who they did find had accidents related to alcohol and exposure. There is no evidence of a Dr. Abigail Tyler and one journalist who found the name in a journal of Psychiatry in Alaska said it was recently added as well as an account at Twitter that makes it look like it was done for marketing purposes. So until someone comes forward or real video is produced, the footage in the movie is not real. Just a good marketing ploy.

Well if the footage in the movie is based on real video (maybe the real videos are protected by victims , as well as real names etc ) works for me as long it holds to story .
I would love to see this movie.

Watched last night with my wife. As for the movie, it is far from two thumbs up, but nevertheless it's worth watching. It was a bit "suspicious" when so called "dramatization" scenes playing along with "actual" videotaped scenes. I know I'm messing here with movie production and directing, but why do you want those two scenes play together, side by side? One reason could be for example to reinforce "actual" documentary scene as more real then they in fact are, perhaps? "Actual" vidotaped scenes can very easily be manufactured, for today's technology it's a no big deal.

Thing is that this movie is supposedly based on the actual events. Maybe it is, but I wasn't able to find facts to support this claim and I ask myself now, what have I expected!? For the Hollywood product to uncover the most hidden and guarded truth for the mankind. Don't think so! It is as every (Hollywood) movie is, it must sell itself big time and bring profit to its producers. Maybe at core, like many other things, there is a bit of truth but it is hard to extract it. Except for the possibility for the alien abductions do take place on the BBM (in one form or another), there is no reliable info on Dr. Abigail Tyler nor her husband and events that took place in Nome/Alaska.

The best part of the story was how my wife reacted to it. Since she isn't involved with any of the themes we are discusing here on this forum. We do, however, discuss occasionally subjects regarding UFOs, aliens etc., but only superficial. But after this movie she was very upset and she was scared. I on the other hand wasn't. This movie apparently left her with big questionmark, because she was upset even next morning. I have noticed same reactions from my neighburs too.

Meri said:
Well if the footage in the movie is based on real video (maybe the real videos are protected by victims , as well as real names etc ) works for me as long it holds to story .

Real footage of actors, there is nothing "real" in this movie, it's a movie, just like blair witch and paranormal activity though not marketed as such.

Unless you really believed those people lifted off the bed/couch when they underwent a hypnosis session?

Many of the abduction experiences narrated during hypnosis were realistic just like Laura's hypnosis experience (abduction) on her clients except for the extreme part where they were lifted off the couch/bed. Don't know how they could actually do that in real life during hypnosis unless the aliens were physically present during the sessions and actually doing it to them. It's almost like that excorcist movie scene when the devil possesed the girl.

solamente said:
Many of the abduction experiences narrated during hypnosis were realistic just like Laura's hypnosis experience (abduction) on her clients except for the extreme part where they were lifted off the couch/bed. Don't know how they could actually do that in real life during hypnosis unless the aliens were physically present during the sessions and actually doing it to them. It's almost like that excorcist movie scene when the devil possesed the girl.

If you did some searching on line you will quickly find out this is just a movie and there isn't anything real about it.

DanielS said:
It used to scare the hell out of me. There were two things I was deathly afraid of growing up. Needles and being abducted. I can't tell you how many nights I used to be afraid to go to the bathroom out of fear of some grey alien popping out from underneath my bed or behind a cabinet.

Stormy Knight said:
I had the same experience as a kid, I cannot count how many nights I ve spent in hysterical fear that they will come and get me

I can relate with your experiences. I can say that two of my biggest fears in my childhood (to a lesser extend still now, as age gives us more control of our emotions and we tend to rationalize them) were also needles (the needles have an explanation, as when i was 2 years a doctor had to stick a needle in my for about 10 times in my arm before he realized he had to give it in my bottom were the injection would hurt like glass chards) and grey aliens abducting me or anyone of my close family, especially those big black, creepy eyes.
There was this tv series that i saw when i was a kid (when i was about 11 12 years old) that depicted greys abducting people, women in general to do some kind of artificial insemination experiments or something like that, that made not being able to sleep decently for an entire week, i would just cry out of fear and have nightmares.

This movie seems very creepy although I would really like to see it.
me and my godfather supposed to watch a movie today but I can find
this movie nowhere on comcast. :huh:

Saw this movie yesterday and I am probably over-stating but this was the crappiest of the crappy crap I ever watched. This is pure fiction as Wikipedia states and does not even qualify as decent horror. I was hoping to see some alien faces but nothing came up. In comparison, Paranormal Activity was bearable.

-Sid

Sid said:
Saw this movie yesterday and I am probably over-stating but this was the crappiest of the crappy crap I ever watched.
Ditto, even Mila Jovovich was crap
and the "real" Abigail Tyler was not just crappiest of the crappy crap she was plain annoying.

I don't why they compare this movie to Blair Witch Project, crappy in its own right, at least BWP had that creepy (not at all crappy) documentary feel to it. The director of 4th king was really desperate trying to achieve this. So desperate that he crapped his pants.

Zero Stars - Watch only if you must

Meri said:
Trust me - you wouldn't!

Stormy Knight said:
Sid said:
Saw this movie yesterday and I am probably over-stating but this was the crappiest of the crappy crap I ever watched.
Ditto, even Mila Jovovich was crap
and the "real" Abigail Tyler was not just crappiest of the crappy crap she was plain annoying.

I don't why they compare this movie to Blair Witch Project, crappy in its own right, at least BWP had that creepy (not at all crappy) documentary feel to it. The director of 4th king was really desperate trying to achieve this. So desperate that he crapped his pants.

Zero Stars - Watch only if you must

lol wow, i won't be watching this movie any time soon. Too bad, it looked like it had potential.

Back
Top Bottom