The Dragon and "I"

I forgot about March 30, 1980's encounter. So that makes the actual score

Me 2
Dragon 1

My next creative act will be titled

The speech of a Warrior.

The scene:
A room full of people, buzzing with anticipation for what they are about to hear.
A platform with a podium and a microphone.
A chair at the back with a warrior calmly seated in it, waiting for his opportunity to present his speech. He is dressed in his full battle regalia. Boots spit polished like a mirror. Calmly sitting, waiting for his opportunity to speak.

Don't get ahead of yourself, please. I'm merely setting the scene for what I am about to say.

All I ask for is your patience please.

This is going to be a work in progress. What I am about to say may or may not be of any value to you. I don't really care, one way or the other, it's something that we all really need to hear at the moment.

It just might be me passing gass for some of you. I do however think that it needs to be given, freely to you. Also something everyone needs to hear. But, that is merely the opinion of a seasoned warrior preparing for battle. Whatever you wish to do with it is entirely up to you.

At this point in time, should you wish to gracefully bow out, fill your boots. It's not going to be easy to give or most likely receive. But at least I ask for an opportunity to speak freely.

Thank you!

Patients is a virtue, my mom would always say.

I would also like to ask people to refrain from cluttering with posts, please. Listen to what I have to say carefully, please. And finally your respect, please.

After all, this is a creative act only.

What I am about to say may or may not be of any value to you. I don't really care, one way or the other, it's something that we all really need to hear at the moment.

So you're writing something to a forum full of people and you "don't care" if what you are writing has any relevance or meaning to those people? And yet you say that it's something that "we all" really need to hear? That's not the best pitch I've ever heard.

Everyone has that opportunity. But in return, all here ask that you make an effort to be as coherent and concise as possible, and making it clear what, if any, help/advice you are seeking.
I will do my best, sir.

I am not exactly sure if I am asking for anything, except patience and attention

Once finished, the floor will be open for reviews. I will try to prepare myself properly
So you're writing something to a forum full of people and you "don't care" if what you are writing has any relevance or meaning to those people? And yet you say that it's something that "we all" really need to hear? That's not the best pitch I've ever heard.
I plan to speak as a warrior preparing for his battle. If that is wrong, please help me understand so no or as few mistakes as possible be made.

I plan to speak as a warrior preparing for his battle. If that is wrong, please help me understand so no or as few mistakes as possible be made.

Rather than talk in metaphors like this, it would be better if you talked from a personal perspective, in a plain, everyday way that everyone else can relate to and understand.

I do care about people.

The point was that it is up to the receiver of the message to decide whether there is any relevance for them to the message given. Not up to the giver. Hockey player me, sorry.

Fair enough.

You have the opportunity to stop me at any time, should you feel that I am getting out of order. Try to make your point. Then discuss. If agreed then allowed to continue with the play.

I do respect your opinion and possibly live feedback would be a good option to include. This could take several days. It currently remains a work in progress.

I have never heard it said anywhere that the job of a warrior was easy. There is usually death lurking around somewhere close by.

Rather than talk in metaphors like this, it would be better if you talked from a personal perspective, in a plain, everyday way that everyone else can relate to and understand.
That exactly is my plan.

This is merely setting the stage.
A preamble to the main body of proposed speech.
I do not want to say anything in haste that I may regret later.

Once again, I'm sorry to have not made myself perfectly clear so everyone can understand.

Please help me understand so as to be perfectly clear.

How is this statement a metafor that people can't understand?

I feel really dumb and exposed at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom