The Deaths of Ian Stone

Tigersoap

The Living Force
A while ago, I have seen this second zone horror movie because the topic seemed interesting at first (the different lives part ;)).

Anyone else seen it ?

I'll give major spoiler below so don't read further if you want to rent it.
I'll may be forgetting some things because I work from memory and online reviews.

After and introductory scene where Ian Stone, after an hockey match is getting chased and get killed by a train, the movie jumps to another setting, where Ian Stone wakes up and lives with his girlfriend and works at a regular office job until some weird events make him realize that the world isn't what it is and that someone tells him about the "Harvesters".

From now on Ian Stone will get chased by creatures called "harvester" and will get killed time after time only to wake up in parallel realities, each time with the same recurring characters, a girl named Jenny, another man who knows a lot and the "harvesters" under human disguise.

Spoilers :

In fact the Harvester are some kind of creatures living in a parallel world sucking up the fear from the person they terrorize.
Ian Stone used to be one of them but fell in love with an human (Jenny) and so will be chased by the others from parallel realities to parallel realities until he escapes by turning again into a harvester himself.
Time stops each time the harvesters are going to get Ian Stone.

The idea of the harvester feeding off the fear they provoke was quite interesting.
The parallel realities is also an interesting feature of the movie as Ian Stone does not have memory of the past life at first but starts to remember more and more

In the end it is quite a boring movie and it's really disappointing to have such great ideas badly exploited imho.

The screenwriter of the movie, Brendan Hood already used the same kind of theme in his movie "They" (where creatures from somewhere kidnap kids then much later come back to reposess them).
There isn't much info about this person, I thought that it could even be a fake name but I haven't found anything on him.

Back
Top Bottom