The Dark Side of my Psychic Abilities

Lamp of Orion said:
I am being sincere here. And it seems that this thread is simply not in the 'wavelength' of this forum, for there is no proof to back it up. I am indeed 18 years old, and now currently reside in Jordan.

I do not mean to harm, or to just divert by creating this thread. I do not mean to pass myself off as a 'pervert'; I merely practiced this ability when I was not fully aware of its existence nor its implications, and when I became aware of it, I do not practice it anymore. That would indeed make a pervert out of me.

You see, in the opening of this thread, I wanted to express this rather unusual psychic ability, and sought to make the way through which it worked crystal clear, and it just so happens that I need to be put in a narrow band of consciousness to access this ability, and I sought to make this aspect clearer. I know that someone indeed gave me undeniable testimony on my ability (which proves [at least for me] that it worked brilliantly for at least one instance, and this personally crosses out the possibility that I may be deluded), which really is the only reason I had the nerves to create this thread, but now again, how the heck am I to prove it to the rest of you?

I know that this forum deals with outright liars, jesters and half-baked brains, and this thread seems to be regarded under this very tier, and I cannot object to this, for this is only natural. All of your replies are invaluable, and it seems that I have given the very purpose behind this thread my best shot.

P.S. You may as well never obtain 'proof' of any sort, so really, stop wasting your time, in asserting that I am not what I represent myself to be, or that I am seriously deluded. If anything, this thread still has some value for me (i.e. serves as a 'testing ground', and as a [feeble] attempt to further objectivity), and for that, I am grateful.

I will revise what this forum does, and filter out this sort of data, for this forum.

Knowing from the onset how it would be received in the way it has, how would you expect a reasonable person would open this thread? Would they attempt to describe how they systematically disproved various ways to look at the situation, and how they came to this particular conclusion. Would they not describe the evidence that made them come to this conclusion in enough detail for others to at least give them the benefit of doubt? Would they not invite others to comment on the evidence to help them come to see it more objectively if they were sincere about doing that? So far you've not done that, so how can not question your sincerity or your ability to think reasonably. You do write coherently....

alkhemst said:
Knowing from the onset how it would be received in the way it has, how would you expect a reasonable person would open this thread? Would they attempt to describe how they systematically disproved various ways to look at the situation, and how they came to this particular conclusion. Would they not describe the evidence that made them come to this conclusion in enough detail for others to at least give them the benefit of doubt? Would they not invite others to comment on the evidence to help them come to see it more objectively if they were sincere about doing that? So far you've not done that, so how can not question your sincerity or your ability to think reasonably. You do write coherently....

Seems to be so that the topic could have been brought to the table in a very, very different way if the results that you claim to have desired as the discussion progressed were, in fact, the original desired results. And if that is the case, you need to revise/review your approach so that you can/do/will get the results you actually expect. In short, your impression of what you were signalling did not match the way those signals were received and read. This gap reveals an area for your own work: "to see yourself as others see you". If the way you see yourself is at odds with the feedback you get, then you need to adjust your instrument. These types of problems are discussed in the cognitive science section and are covered well by the works of Timothy Wilson and Daniel Kahnemann.

Laura said:
alkhemst said:

Seems to be so that the topic could have been brought to the table in a very, very different way if the results that you claim to have desired as the discussion progressed were, in fact, the original desired results. And if that is the case, you need to revise/review your approach so that you can/do/will get the results you actually expect. In short, your impression of what you were signalling did not match the way those signals were received and read. This gap reveals an area for your own work: "to see yourself as others see you". If the way you see yourself is at odds with the feedback you get, then you need to adjust your instrument. These types of problems are discussed in the cognitive science section and are covered well by the works of Timothy Wilson and Daniel Kahnemann.

Hello Laura and alkhemist,

These two posts address a problem I have lived with for many years. Thank you both very much for addressing to this, and for giving me a foothold through which I may begin to research into this.

Yes, indeed, I do not mean to put myself in a negative, or a psychopathic light. And I know do acknowledge the vagueness in which I have infused into this thread, the reason for this being an attempt to apply some sort of euphemistic element to the topic, but it seems I have taken this vagueness too far.

The problem here LoO is that you presented your "psychic abilities" as fact to us, and we have no way of proving or disproving it. So, in essence, it's a moot point. What WAS your point in presenting such a "skill" if we were faced with either accepting it as real or rejecting it as probably a figment of your imagination? It seems that the way you presented it was kind of pointless in terms of you or us learning anything about it. If you are convinced it's real and we are not going to believe you without any proof (even if we were inclined to try and get that proof, which we are not), what's the point in opening the topic? It seems that there's nothing to be gained by anyone. IF, on the other hand, you came here with a more open mind about this "ability" as to whether or not it was actually real, and asked for feedback on that basis, something useful maybe have come of it. But as it stands, the only value in this thread is that we have gained a little information about you, and you and other members have seen how we generally handle this kind of situation.

If you don't like this alleged "ability", if you don't think it is of any value to anyone, then it seems to me that attitude you should take to it is that it really doesn't exist, completely ignore it. And move on to more fruitful endeavors.

Perceval said:
The problem here LoO is that you presented your "psychic abilities" as fact to us, and we have no way of proving or disproving it. So, in essence, it's a moot point. What WAS your point in presenting such a "skill" if we were faced with either accepting it as real or rejecting it as probably a figment of your imagination? It seems that the way you presented it was kind of pointless in terms of you or us learning anything about it. If you are convinced it's real and we are not going to believe you without any proof (even if we were inclined to try and get that proof, which we are not), what's the point in opening the topic? It seems that there's nothing to be gained by anyone. IF, on the other hand, you came here with a more open mind about this "ability" as to whether or not it was actually real, and asked for feedback on that basis, something useful maybe have come of it. But as it stands, the only value in this thread is that we have gained a little information about you, and you and other members have seen how we generally handle this kind of situation.

If you don't like this alleged "ability", if you don't think it is of any value to anyone, then it seems to me that attitude you should take to it is that it really doesn't exist, completely ignore it. And move on to more fruitful endeavors.

Hello Perceval,

I agree with you in the sense that I have presented my "psychic abilities" as a fact, even though I did not actually give tangible evidence, or sought to garner a discussion on its validity. Putting myself in any of the viewer's shoes, it would seem that I have been attempting to attract True Believers, or more generally, people who do not think enough to question my ability in the first place, which is something I do not seek.

The purpose behind this thread was to merely alert, or to bring into your consideration, a personal story, such that you all can have a wider perspective on what is possible with PSI. Which, in retrospect, is moot indeed, especially if you have already become non-anticipatory, since the dear viewers of this thread utterly have no basis to regard any of my purported "psychic abilities" as fact.

P.S.: As for not liking this "ability": Ever heard of Thor's Pantheum? They are an army of psychic projectors, right? And some of these are STO, too. It seems that what I can achieve by use of my "ability" is indeed psychic projection, right? That is the very basis behind my consideration that this "ability" may be used for higher purposes, given the emotional baggage can be set aside, and gets used for STO purposes. But at this stage, simply not using it for the specific purposes it has served by default makes the most sense now; I should merely push it aside for now, and indeed move on to more fruitful endeavors in the meantime.

Lamp of Orion said:
P.S.: As for not liking this "ability": Ever heard of Thor's Pantheum? They are an army of psychic projectors, right? And some of these are STO, too. It seems that what I can achieve by use of my "ability" is indeed psychic projection, right? That is the very basis behind my consideration that this "ability" may be used for higher purposes, given the emotional baggage can be set aside, and gets used for STO purposes. But at this stage, simply not using it for the specific purposes it has served by default makes the most sense now; I should merely push it aside for now, and indeed move on to more fruitful endeavors in the meantime.

There are a lot of "psychics" out there, and a lot of charlatans too, or people who live in the illusion that they are. I believe that true psychic abilities can only come with true knowledge. Maybe you have a gift, maybe not. But it really doesn't matter. Unless and until we gain sufficient knowledge, any of our abilities/gifts/talents are basically useless, or food, and it would have been better not to have them. That's it. If you do want to gain some knowledge, you have already been pointed toward books that can help, and then you can see how you can apply that information to your life (which then becomes true knowledge, if you also have a network to help you out with your blindspots). But until then, better assume that there was no ability to begin with.

You are very young, so you are lucky because you might have found a source of knowledge way earlier than most of us did. If it's something that is in you, it would be a pity to waste it due to illusions of "psychic abilities".

I recommend you watch this video by Laura, with this discussion in mind:

A Course in Knowledge and Being Introduction - Part 1

Just remember that sexually associated "psychic abilities" are often behind poltergeist phenomena. That is, it is really just PK and best research says it is EM bursts. So, if you are using sex to generate EM bursts, it's not all that special.

Hi LoO.

Like me, it seems as if you may have got off to a bad start with this forum but all is not lost.

I think you are misinterpreting the doubt most people have about you personally having this ability with your belief that they doubt this is a real ability. Did that make sense?

From what I have personally seen and heard from reputable sources, not only is your ability a real one, it is also underwhelming. I had to deal with the same thing basically and even though I wasn't consciously seeking "oohs and awes" from the forum, I had to admit that this was indeed the case.

This is a very busy and active forum and the members here have just about seen and heard it all. There is a good reason that the W is a capital letter in Work when it is used here. From what I can tell, everyone here is more than willing to help us newbies but they haven't the time for needless distractions and defensive posturing if it appears that their contributions will be in vain.

I don't know about you but I'm not gonna let my ego prevent me from obtaining the knowledge here.

If I understood Laura correctly, then I agree that this is less of an ability that you have and more of a PK phenomenon if you are having to use sexual energy to "harness" it.

The main point that I think you are missing is that if you only want to stop using this ability because it is futile and ultimately worthless and not because you recognize the harm that it is doing to others, than most members here are just stunned.

You have acknowledged that it is harmful to others but you have not stated that this is why you want to stop. Do you see the difference?

Laura said:
Just remember that sexually associated "psychic abilities" are often behind poltergeist phenomena. That is, it is really just PK and best research says it is EM bursts. So, if you are using sex to generate EM bursts, it's not all that special.
Also, LoO, putting aside the question of this being a legitimate ability, it might be worth considering too that this isn't your ability. Lets say you had a "friend" that was able to influence people in ways you yourself couldn't. This friend say, is much more charming and convincing than you and is happy to act on those you want influenced, specifically those you're not capable of influencing. The catch is your friend allows you to use his abilities on the proviso that he gets some sexual payoff from you. You might be able to see clearly how this results in a very dangerous dynamic, which in the end is detrimental to you, to you cultivating your own strengths, to you working through your own pain and healing yourself, to you ultimately experiencing real happiness and self worth. Instead you'd be allowing yourself to be food for another's (or many others') perversions. That isn't a good choice.

You appear to be open to the concept there are all manner of influences that occur, which most don't see physically. The fact that these things as you say happen while you perform sexual acts indicates to me, and as Laura mentioned too, a negative type influence. Such influences don't give you power but pretend to and don't work "brilliantly" like you say but pretend to. They instead take from you, leave you more powerless and create nothing of brilliance in your life at all. The opposite in fact. I really hope you consider some of this seriously, the sooner the better in my opinion.

Lamp of Orion said:
P.S.: As for not liking this "ability": Ever heard of Thor's Pantheum? They are an army of psychic projectors, right? And some of these are STO, too. It seems that what I can achieve by use of my "ability" is indeed psychic projection, right? That is the very basis behind my consideration that this "ability" may be used for higher purposes, given the emotional baggage can be set aside, and gets used for STO purposes.
In addition to what I said above, can you imagine a well developed person who has good intentions would ever want to force "positive" thoughts onto others, without the consent of those same others? Considering then the possibility that your ability depends on the influence of other entities, could you imagine these entities would be much concerned with serving others' best interests over their own? Would they be even concerned with your best interests? Already according to you, abridging others' freewill isn't too far, if it's done for "good", so at what point engaging in sexual acts for this transaction and to what degree, achieving "positive" ends, would be too far to go? There's probably billions of people who have done terrible things while negatively influenced, and while such people are able to convince themselves what they are doing is for the good of others, and while such people people feel they have no other special abilities and become emotionally invested in such abilities, they are left wide open for being influenced to do harm to others as well as themselves.

astrozombie said:
Hi LoO.

Like me, it seems as if you may have got off to a bad start with this forum but all is not lost.

I think you are misinterpreting the doubt most people have about you personally having this ability with your belief that they doubt this is a real ability. Did that make sense?

From what I have personally seen and heard from reputable sources, not only is your ability a real one, it is also underwhelming. I had to deal with the same thing basically and even though I wasn't consciously seeking "oohs and awes" from the forum, I had to admit that this was indeed the case.

This is a very busy and active forum and the members here have just about seen and heard it all. There is a good reason that the W is a capital letter in Work when it is used here. From what I can tell, everyone here is more than willing to help us newbies but they haven't the time for needless distractions and defensive posturing if it appears that their contributions will be in vain.

I don't know about you but I'm not gonna let my ego prevent me from obtaining the knowledge here.

If I understood Laura correctly, then I agree that this is less of an ability that you have and more of a PK phenomenon if you are having to use sexual energy to "harness" it.

The main point that I think you are missing is that if you only want to stop using this ability because it is futile and ultimately worthless and not because you recognize the harm that it is doing to others, than most members here are just stunned.

You have acknowledged that it is harmful to others but you have not stated that this is why you want to stop. Do you see the difference?

I figured that my 'forum image' can be tarnished in the name of furthering knowledge and gaining knowledge; I had already taken this possibility into account, and it is a reality. But here, what has more significance: ego, or Truth?

alkhemst said:
Lamp of Orion said:
P.S.: As for not liking this "ability": Ever heard of Thor's Pantheum? They are an army of psychic projectors, right? And some of these are STO, too. It seems that what I can achieve by use of my "ability" is indeed psychic projection, right? That is the very basis behind my consideration that this "ability" may be used for higher purposes, given the emotional baggage can be set aside, and gets used for STO purposes.
In addition to what I said above, can you imagine a well developed person who has good intentions would ever want to force "positive" thoughts onto others, without the consent of those same others? Considering then the possibility that your ability depends on the influence of other entities, could you imagine these entities would be much concerned with serving others' best interests over their own? Would they be even concerned with your best interests? Already according to you, abridging others' freewill isn't too far, if it's done for "good", so at what point engaging in sexual acts for this transaction and to what degree, achieving "positive" ends, would be too far to go? There's probably billions of people who have done terrible things while negatively influenced, and while such people are able to convince themselves what they are doing is for the good of others, and while such people people feel they have no other special abilities and become emotionally invested in such abilities, they are left wide open for being influenced to do harm to others as well as themselves.

After further thought, it seems that my "ability" really only supports the negative hypothesis, and what it does is drain me, and put me in unnecessary, negative positions with any people who get affected by it. So indeed, it probably seems that this "ability" is negative, and were I to seek and achieve STO status, then this "ability" should be merely set aside, for I can only use it for negative purposes now.

I also know that abridging free will is STS too, so yeah, better not bother messing with it.

astrozombie said:
Hi LoO.

Hello astrozombie,

I want to stop using this ability because it is harmful, not only to others, but also to myself (the person who became aware of my ability sought revenge, you know). Sorry for not acknowledging this earlier on.

As for "I think you are misinterpreting the doubt most people have about you personally having this ability with your belief that they doubt this is a real ability. Did that make sense?", well, yeah, that did make sense. I didn't mean to let my ego [defensive posturing] get in the way.

I hope this clears things up for the rest of you.

Lamp of Orion said:
astrozombie said:
Hi LoO.

Hello astrozombie,

I want to stop using this ability because it is harmful, not only to others, but also to myself (the person who became aware of my ability sought revenge, you know). Sorry for not acknowledging this earlier on.

As for "I think you are misinterpreting the doubt most people have about you personally having this ability with your belief that they doubt this is a real ability. Did that make sense?", well, yeah, that did make sense. I didn't mean to let my ego [defensive posturing] get in the way.

I hope this clears things up for the rest of you.

There's another possibility in my opinion. Lets say you have a certain receptiveness which allows you to connect with others by being able to sense more than direct physical things. A person like that could instead use this receptiveness to discover and learn about themselves and discover and learn too about their place in the universe using their own particular sensitivities. That perspective could be offered to others in a way that provides a particular insight they might not otherwise be exposed to. In that way giving purely in the spirit of a gift is STO. Others could learn from this information but in their own time and of their own free will and that is also closer to STO.

Ultimately whatever gifts each of us are imbued with, we can use and cultivate them in the spirit of learning and giving, or not and do so to take and steal. The point of working on ourselves is to become clearer with our emotions, our thinking and our decision making, which means we'll eventually know the difference between STO and STS in every context and so be able to act accordingly and so really provide help to others and ourselves every time.

Back
Top Bottom