The Dark Gods by Anthony Roberts

Ths book has a very extensive bibliography, which allows the authors to bring together many threads and topics, but of course since the book was published in 1980, it is all before that date, and therefore gives much history to what has happened since then, just as it has subjects that continue to be buried.

One subject that caught my eye in the present 4G to 5G age where microwave towers are everywhere, was some of the history to this which was older than I had suspected:
I tried to find out more about when they began to work with microwave, and it seems they have worked on using it for communication at least since the 1950'ies and knowing that the above person Bruce Cathie was from New Zealand and that New Zealand is one of the Five Eyes, one can imagine from where the international group of "scientists" came from. About the use in the UK there was: Backbone Microwave Relay Network – Subterranea Britannica
Further details of the system trickled out. For example a Ministry of Housing & Local Government news release, from 15th March 1957 announced -

“RADIO STATION TO BE BUILT IN CHILTERN VILLAGE: GOVERNMENT DECISION. The Government have agreed to the siting of a Post Office radio station on land to the west of the London-Fishguard road (A.40) … near Stokenchurch, Buckinghamshire. [material omitted] The station is required by the Post Office primarily for the purpose of national defence but it will also have civil uses.”

It seems odd that this and other public reports from planning enquiries openly refer to a facility with an important defence function given that this was at the height of the Cold War and only 6 years before the Spies for Peace caused uproar by revealing the existence of the RSGs. At the time the government said that the existence and siting of the RSGs was not secret but their functions were. But the defence function of the new microwave system was openly made public.
In the excerpt from the book, it mentioned ley lines and the crossing of ley lines. Today there are so many towers that ley line or not, crossing or not, it is going to work. I wonder if on could think of two parallel functions, one being standard communication and the other function, the influencing part, managed by another branch and level of administration?

On pages 122-125 they list the different kinds of beings encountered in the literature of various cultures and times and they find many overlapping features; it is rather unsettling reading.

I tracked down a readable copy on reddit.

I found this while perusing the Internet for information about the authors:

https://nocturnalrevelries.com/2019/07/21/dark-gods-anthony-roberts-and-geoff-gilbertson/ said:
There’s sparse information on the authors available online, and I had to dig around quite a bit for it to paint a cohesive picture. What I could find was fairly depressing. Both men are now dead.

Anthony Roberts had previously published some other books on Atlantis and mythology. Paul Weston, an expert on Glastonbury’s mythology, claims that the mood of Roberts’ earlier books were “considerably different” to Dark Gods. Roberts ran a publication company called Zodiac House with his wife. He died in 1990 while climbing up Glastonbury Tor to see a lunar eclipse. He died of a heart attack, but some have suggested that he was actually killed by fairies for planning to summon the ghost of Robert Kirk, a folklorist who was supposedly abducted by the fairies in 1692. Most accounts of Anthony Roberts that I have found have presented him as a rather temperamental individual. (Sources: an essay on meeting Roberts, Paul Weston’s notes, and Roberts’ obituary on page 12 of The Ley Hunter Winter 1989/1990)

Geoff Gilbertson died more recently, in 2017. Despite living longer, he seems to have been the more tragic of the pair. He died alone of untreated cancer. I believe Dark Gods is his only book. After publishing it, he supposedly became convinced that the Dark Gods were after him for doing so. He apparently suffered several psychotic breakdowns and spent time living on the streets and in a mental institution. One of his friends believed that he was on the autism spectrum. This guy genuinely seems to have suffered horribly with his mental health. People that knew him seem to have thought him a very nice guy though, a fact which is not true for Anthony Roberts. Nearly all of the information I could find on Gilbertson came from this article.

I’ve read accounts describing both men as unstable. I don’t know how they met or what their relationship was like, but it seems that their interactions with each other created an echo-chamber of Fortean paranoia. Dark Gods doesn’t read like some transparent attempt to synthesize occult ideas in order to make a quick buck. No, this book is a genuine trek into Crazy Town.

Quite disturbing:-O. It seems that lack of awareness and a helpful network made isolated people like Gilbertson vulnerablefor attack...

They had some gaps in knowledge. They made some assumptions. They didn't have direct knowledge of densities or of the two paths, STS and STO. But all things considered they did an amazing job. They intuited a lot. They connected a lot of dots. They definitely "had a clue." And so yes, it is most definitely worth reading. Because getting another perspective from someone with a 'clue' is always worthwhile. I recommend it.

As I mentioned the book refers to many older books, and no longer being under copyright some are accessible like the works of the author and historian Nesta Helen Webster who in the first quater of the previous century published a book called Secret Societies And Subversive Movements to which the authors refer. Curious about the book by Webster, I looked it up and found a copy, which solved one question I had about the Knight Templars regarding how they came into trouble. She wrote another book called The World Revolution, in which she is of the opinion that the theme of another book she wrote The French Revolution really never ended, and that much that followed after the French Revolution can be attributed to it. Besides the French Revolution, she also wrote a book about Louis the XVI and Marie Antoinette - Before the Revolution. All interesting if one is a bit interested in French and European history. The amount of history being overlooked is probably just a feature of the STS domination of the planet, which Roberts and Gilbertson attempt to describe.

I am very happy to have read the Secret History of the World and the Wave, as they help to put the contents of a book like this into perspective. As genero81 mentions they don't have the concept of an STS and STO reality and this makes their view less nuanced, but at any rate the recommendation to be discerning is definitely a good start, and their book shows they went a long way to gather information about our reality.

Last edited:
Genaro, those images are very big and really bog down the loading of the thread.

Genaro, those images are very big and really bog down the loading of the thread.

Yeah, better to resize before attaching. See here:

Works in Windows 7, too.

Sorry, thanks for letting me know! I was taking a screen shot from my phone and loading it that way directly from the phone.

So now I know not to do that. Feel free to delete them if necessary.

Sorry, thanks for letting me know! I was taking a screen shot from my phone and loading it that way directly from the phone.

So now I know not to do that. Feel free to delete them if necessary.
Why don't you do screenshots directly on your computer? On Windows: Window+Shift+S -> Select the area on the screen with the left mouse key -> Release the left mouse key. The screenshot is now in your clipboard. After that you can directly paste it into your post as in image (Ctrl+V).

Why don't you do screenshots directly on your computer? On Windows: Window+Shift+S -> Select the area on the screen with the left mouse key -> Release the left mouse key. The screenshot is now in your clipboard. After that you can directly paste it into your post as in image (Ctrl+V).

HOLY MOLEY!!! I didn't know you could do that!

That's gonna save me a ton of time.

:wow: :headbanger: 🍪

The 'print screen' key, if you have one (mine is function-key + F12), also worked in some Windows IIRC to grab the screen to clipboard. You could then paste it in Paint or whatever.

The 'print screen' key, if you have one (mine is function-key + F12), also worked in some Windows IIRC to grab the screen to clipboard. You could then paste it in Paint or whatever.

Well that worked! I couldn't get the other to work, at least so far.

Back
Top Bottom