The Dark Gods by Anthony Roberts

Seamus

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Has anyone read The Dark Gods by Anthony Roberts? I did a search and didn't see it mentioned on the forum. It was recommended to me recently by an acquaintance and the reviews on Amazon are interesting. Sounds like it might be up our alley. Here are the top two reviews from Amazon:

This is the one book you need to know and understand about the occult the fate of people. Basically there have been watchers through millenia, and they reveal themselves in paranormal and supernatural ways, but all of the lables are the same. They're setting up for something, what,we're not sure. Roberts takes case studies, folklore, history and occult studies, mixes in literature and theosophy and, with modern sightings and experiences (up to 1981) provided a thesis on the Cosmic Battleground. It's hard to explain, but once you start this book you'll take a red pill, and look at things differently. It's a hard book to find, so if you find it, get a copy, and never lend it out.

his book, when I got it, was like the perfect book for where my head was at the time. it started me on the "all is not lovey dovey with the unseen powers that be/ufo scene". this book cleverly shows that throughout human history we've been tormented and harmed by the same culprits, who were fairies and such when we lived in a simpler frame of reference to things, to the now hi-tech ufos that are seen and abducting people. the sightings match the time period. it would make no sense for us to see fairies and sprites in 2013 just as much as high tech stuff would be lost on people 400 years ago, though it is believed they saw stuff that advanced, just didn't have a frame of reference to describe it (the bible anyone? burning circles and the like). this book is great, spooky, and an all around important read. I would say to read this after reading ufos: operation trojan horse by john keel, they work great together as these authors are coming from the same head space.

I'm going to do a quick skim through the book to see if its worth reading and I'll report back here.

From a UK amazon 5 star review:

this book, when I got it, was like the perfect book for where my head was at the time. it started me on the "all is not lovey dovey with the unseen powers that be/ufo scene". this book cleverly shows that throughout human history we've been tormented and harmed by the same culprits, who were fairies and such when we lived in a simpler frame of reference to things, to the now hi-tech ufos that are seen and abducting people. the sightings match the time period. it would make no sense for us to see fairies and sprites in 2013 just as much as high tech stuff would be lost on people 400 years ago, though it is believed they saw stuff that advanced, just didn't have a frame of reference to describe it (the bible anyone? burning circles and the like). this book is great, spooky, and an all around important read. I would say to read this after reading ufos: operation trojan horse by john keel, they work great together as these authors are coming from the same head space.

Has anyone read The Dark Gods by Anthony Roberts? I did a search and didn't see it mentioned on the forum. It was recommended to me recently by an acquaintance and the reviews on Amazon are interesting. Sounds like it might be up our alley. Here are the top two reviews from Amazon:
This is the one book you need to know and understand about the occult the fate of people. Basically there have been watchers through millenia, and they reveal themselves in paranormal and supernatural ways, but all of the lables are the same. They're setting up for something, what,we're not sure
There was this famous stock market jockey in my country running under the nickname "Wolf". He became well known during the pre-2000 stock market crash - 90's probably - where massive financial manipulations IIRC crashed the eastern markets and he had to hold onto the steering wheel to manage the funds he was responsible for in a 'maximum panic'-situation. He worked and lived in a power-circle, surrounded by power hungry people. One female co-worker for example would have wanted him only for his position of money-power. That's all pretty ubiquitous & boring so far. He was writing a book about some power-vampires. We discussed, how he might be willing to publish completed sections on our entertainment website. Then the discussion steered toward the occult. He proved to be surprisingly familiar with it..
He finally confessed that he - high position stock market broker / manager - was a member of an occult brotherhood called The Sleepers. Their main task was to wait millenia - quite focused through incarnations - for some powerful chain of events to begin and then they become awakened like some sleeper agents.
They must have practiced black magic, because this famous stock market broker confessed to me that he was initiated into some occult techniques there - becoming a member of The Sleepers.
His wife already got used to his highly unusual antics:
Those consisted of frightening behaviors in the mornings, when he was getting out of bed and was groggy / sleepy, not entirely awake, thus admittedly not entirely in full control of himself - needing coffee [and probably a strong exorcism]. There was danger during those minutes that he must not be nagged then, because he admitted he was frequently being overtaken by some presence - that lashed out not just physically, but psychokinetically as well and that thing in him needed to be kept on a leash and he could do it after drinking a strong coffee, which was probably "lace" or "liqueur coffee": then he got sharp in mind and yanked back control.
Anyway.. such highly intelligent and we think trustworthy & respectful people with academic degrees.. controlling our savings in the bank.. are.. uh.. dabbling in the dark occult?! What the heck.. Dunno, I wouldn't trust a rusty coin to such devil-fodder occult slaves.

Last edited:
I got through the forward and introduction over the weekend. The forward ends on a skeptical note, IMO you can skip it. The authors echo many of the themes from the C's transcripts, High Strangeness, etc. Here's a quick quote from the first pages:

The human religious impulse, the will to worship, has sadly been one of the great psychic irritants throughout history. This is not because the ethos of the human-viewed universe is inherently Marxist or reductionist, but rather that the wells of religious understanding have been systematically poisoned or, more accurately, infected by what can only be termed 'outside intervention'. The whole pattern of creation glows across the cosmos as a mighty, inter-connected 'web of being' that fits a harmonious scheme, ranging from the smallest spark of particle physics to the thundering music of the quasars, those beacons of light that illuminate the spaces of infinity. But the pattern is constantly marred; the light and music of creation are dimmed and made discordant - by dark shadows and the harsh litany of a deliberately confusing evil. This evil issues from sources that are perennially hostile to the development of a true understanding of creative existence, and it has manifested itself throughout time.

These opening statements are not meant to be obscurantist or over-romantic, but are a brief attempt to establish a quick perspective for the contents of this book. Many readers will find the concepts dealt with here eerily fantastic, strangely familiar and extremely frightening. They are all of that and more. The idea that the human race has been consistently plagued throughout its history by 'dark forces' is of course not a new one. All religions make reference to the 'powers of evil' and have elaborate hierarchies of spirits, angels and demons engaged in an endless struggle for mastery of the cosmic environment and, incidentally, human destiny. The great pagan religions that preceded Christianity and Islam were all possessed of an intimate knowledge of these spiritual forces, categorizing them as gods and goddesses, fairies and elementals, and various personifications of the diverse energies of nature. Far back in the depths of so-called 'prehistory' it is now known that the human race was aware of, and paid homage to, transcendent beings that existed outside of temporal reality but manifested within it.

[The UFO phenomenon] knows how to put up a good 'front'. One thing remains constant however, and that is that the overall aim of this ruthlessly paranormal interference in earthly activities seems to be the spreading of unrest and uncertainty among all the races of mankind. It is as if 'something' is playing a vastly complex cosmic game with human beings - a game the outcome of which has (so far) been thoroughly divisive and genuinely malevolent in its effects on our religion, social systems and individual realizations of the true nature of cosmic consciousness. Collectively it has similarly affected our species' role in the system of universal reality by making sure we never attain to a concerted 'group consciousness' (through self-understanding) that could possibly short circuit its psychic operations and break through into the transcendent realization of the purpose of life and its seminal place in the divine pattern.

Thats all I have time for now, just a little to "wet your whistle"

Back
Top Bottom