The Cosmic Serpent: DNA and the Origins of Knowledge by Jeremy Narby

Green_Manalishi

Jedi Master
Hello.

After learning of the work by Prof. Luc Montagnier and his experiences in translating DNA, after reading it's electromagnetic signature, into a binary code and transmitting through the internet, i decided i should study a bit more about bio-fields (or whatever one want's to name this phenomenon).
So i went back and reread some books. The first one is The Cosmic Serpent: DNA and the Origins of Knowledge by Jeremy Narby.
With this post i just want to give an overview of the said book, so maybe others are interested in reading it, and discuss some of it's topics and perhaps some of you can share some other books that can compliment and expand on this topics.
It's the first time i try to resume a book, so I don's know how good of an exposition i will make of it.

So , the book. In a nutshell, Jeremy Narby is an anthropologist that worked in the Amazon rain forest in the beginning of is career, and was exposed to the believes of the indigenous people living there and had an ayahuasca "experience". Afterwards he spent a good time trying to understand the effects of the ayahuasca through the lenses of materialistic science, but along the journey comes to the conclusion that this approach didn't explain everything he witnessed.

In the first third of the book he describes his stay in the Amazonian Jungle, and gives an account of the work of the local shamans, how they would cure people in ways that are totally alien to our materialist science view, and so on... I think all fairly common stuff for someone that has read about shaman and medicine man around the world.

The interesting stuff starts when he comes back from the jungle and starts thinking about writing a book, and all the connections that he makes thereof.

He kind of starts with the "impossibility" of the indigenous people knowledge coming from trial and error having in account the thousands of plants in the amazonian jungle and the ways you can combine them. He them tries to understand what is it about the "hallucinations" that could supply this knowledge.

The most seen "thing" in this states of ecstasy are snakes, so the book revolves around this theme. Of course he makes the connection with DNA, since the shamans also talk about a ladder, a rope, etc.

He talks about snakes and dragons, sometimes describing the last as reptilian beings (according to testimonies of other people) and equates them. I'm not so sure on this one. A snake could possible represent DNA, but when someone talks about reptilian beings/dragons I think that they are not the same symbol. But are probably connected.

Now one thing that was new to me. The myths of the indigenous state that our brain differentiation came about because of this snakes since times immemorial. They sometimes depict a snake with a hexagon at the head. Narby concluded that it is a depiction of DNA as a crystal, periodic or aperiodic.
Periodic for the "junk" DNA, for example, a sequence of it will be like ATATATATATATATATATATATATATA and so on. This is in contrast with the aperiodic nature of the DNA that has a known function, ATCCDTAAT ...
He then starts to connect everything. So we have a periodic crystal in our DNA. A periodic crystal is used in our modern telecommunications. One of the shamans he knew stated, "When you turn on the radio, you can tune them. The same happens with souls: with ayahuasca and tobacco, you can see them and hear them".

The author concludes that DNA corresponds to the animated essences, common to all life forms, to whom the shamans refer and communicate during their trances. And that life on this planet is like a blanketed network of transmitters/receivers of this "natural information". This obviously goes in the direction of what Gurdjieff, talks about the importance of this layer of life in our planet.

He ends the book questioning the evolution theory of Darwin, and the mechanistic view of life in our current scientific paradigm.

This probably is nothing new, but at least it's another person independently reaching similar conclusions.

Thanks for the review, Green_Manalishi, sounds like an interesting book! So what did you personally take from reading this book? Just curious ...

Hello.

After learning of the work by Prof. Luc Montagnier and his experiences in translating DNA, after reading it's electromagnetic signature, into a binary code and transmitting through the internet, i decided i should study a bit more about bio-fields (or whatever one want's to name this phenomenon).
[...]

This probably is nothing new, but at least it's another person independently reaching similar conclusions.

Thanks for your review of the book Green_Manalishi.

Just in case you weren't aware, and wanted to see what others have already written, there are a few mentions of the author and related topics elsewhere on the forum, which you can find using the search function, i found a few using the authors name. Graham Hancock's book America Before may also be of interest, mentioned in the thread here, if you haven't read it already. Laura also quotes Narby in 2 articles, which you can find here.

Hi.

itellsya said:
Just in case you weren't aware, and wanted to see what others have already written ...

Thanks, I did do a search, but did not find a thread on the book itself, so decided to create one.
That book by Hancock, is still in the "to buy" list, before it goes into the "to read" list. :-)
Those articles from Laura, I probably have read them. But should revisit them.

nickclebleu said:
Thanks for the review, Green_Manalishi, sounds like an interesting book! So what did you personally take from reading this book? Just curious ...

For me the "golden nugget", the piece of information that added one more piece to the puzzle, was the idea of junk DNA being a periodic crystal, which points to a good probability of it being the mechanism, or interface, that allows the transmission of information between realities, if it can be express in those terms! This in a more mechanistic point of view.

Another thing that i took from it, was the same point as the author took. He somewhere stated that at first he really didn't took the words of the shamans literally, he took them in a more metaphorical or lyrical way. To then take them on their word that the plants where really talking to them, giving them information. This was an actual verifiable experience, verifiable knowledge. He went further stating, an idea that i find quite beautiful, that the different tribes of the Amazons where like different universities, because each one had their own expertise shamans and knowledge.

I think if i had to put it in words in a less mechanistic way, i feel that after reading this book, i will pay even more attention to nature, to her details, to the smallest of things. The connectedness is real. This is kind of the feeling, or "after taste" that the book left in me.

@Onetrickponystar

There's also this from C's session October 23, 1999:

Q: I want to you have lost a fan because he was not happy with what he considered to be "internal inconsistencies" in that you were NOT favorably disposed toward hallucinations produced by substances such as Mescaline and Ayahuasca, but yet you recommend Melatonin because it is a hallucinogen. Then, you said that spiritual powers could not be obtained through chemicals or plant type means, but then said that Melatonin exercises psychic abilities. Could you comment on this?

A: Several comments: First of all, "fan" is short for "fanatic." Secondly, melatonin does not force an alteration in physiological brain chemicals, as do mescaline, peyote, LSD, etc. Accessing the higher levels of psychical awareness through such processes is harmful to the balance levels of the prime chakra. This is because it alters the natural rhythms of psychic development by causing reliance on the part of the subject, thus subjugating the learning process. It is a form of self-imposed abridging of free will. Melatonin simply allows the system to clear obstructions in the brain chemistry naturally, thereby allowing the subject to continue to learn at a natural pace. And, it is by no means unimportant that melatonin is a natural body hormone. The other substances mentioned are, at least in part, synthetic, with the exception of peyote. But even that is not a natural ingredient of the human physiological being. And besides, we have already discussed the importance, or lack thereof, of those who pass judgment upon this exercise, or communication.

Edited to fix quote box.

Also, if you have read the Forum Guidelines, which you were supposed to do before agreeing with the guidelines when signing up to this forum, it says:

Two: Please don't post messages about your illegal pastimes and habits. Cassiopaea.org does not wish to appear to condone such practices, for reasons that should be pretty obvious if a little common sense is applied. If you do post such stuff, expect it to be deleted immediately. It is also inadvisible to post about illegal pastimes from yesteryear, drug use for example, (unless you are disavowing all such usage). The reason is that by doing so you run the risk of attracting lurker "drug buddies", which you probably don't want to do.

Apart from the reasons for deletion provided above as well as additional information on Ayahuasca others have posted, you may also be interested in the below excerpt from the Wave, chapter 28 where Laura offered her take on Graham Hancock's Ayahuasca experiments. She also described the difference between chemically induced experiences that don't really do much for us - and accessing higher realms through expanding our current awareness and perception.

This is a long excerpt but I bolded a few most particularly relevant sections for you:

Let me speak for a moment about a current-day trend to experiment in drug-induced shamanic experiences. There are a number of proponents of this approach, starting with Timothy Leary who, I should mention, died of a brain tumor. If people can’t get the symbolic message of that fact, there’s not much hope for them! In any event, among the proponents of this approach are a few authors with high profiles in alternative knowledge circles such as Colin Wilson, Graham Hancock, and others. I recently read Hancock’s book Supernatural and Mr. Hancock certainly thinks he is talking about the “spirit world” and acknowledging its existence, reality, and so on, but the fact is, so far as I can tell based on research, reason and experience, he has only helped with the process of degrading the perception of it.

Up through page 8, Hancock announces that he is going to take hallucinogenic plants, talks about shamanic use of plants, how widespread it is, and then, on pages 7—8 he tells why he did it:

My primary motive, unabashedly, was research. I had deliberately submitted myself to this ordeal as part of a wider, longer-term investigation into a mysterious “before and after moment” that took place in human prehistory, perhaps as recently as 40,000 years ago. Before it, other than a very few widely-scattered and isolated examples, there is nothing in the archaeological record left by our ancestors that we would instantly recognize as modern human behavior. After it, the signs that creatures exactly like us have arrived are everywhere, most notably in the first definite evidence for beliefs in supernatural realms and beings — evidence, in other words, for the birth of religion. ….

An ingenious explanation for the bizarre appearance of these beings…. has been put forward by a prestigious group of anthropologists and archeologists. The essence of their argument is that the cave art expresses mankind’s first and oldest notions of the supernatural, of the “soul,” and of realms of existence beyond death — notions that took shape in “altered states of consciousness” most likely brought on by the consumption of psychoactive plants. Although not to the liking of some scholars, this has been the most widely-accepted theory of cave art since the mid-1990s. It is therefore an embarrassment that none of the experts currently advocating it have ever actually consumed any psychoactive plants themselves; nor do they have any first-hand ideas of what an “altered state of consciousness” is, or any desire to experience one. To give fair consideration to their arguments, and to the views of their critics, I felt I needed to be able to judge on the basis of personal experience whether plant-induced visions could be made of strong enough stuff to have convinced early humans of the existence of supernatural realms and of the survival after death of some essence of deceased ancestors.

This, in a nutshell, was why I had taken ibogaine — for sound, solid, common-sense research reasons. But I have to acknowledge that there was another, much more personal motive as well. It had to do with my own father’s painful death from bone cancer the previous autumn and my inexcusable failure to be at his bedside during the last few days of his life. Part of the appeal of this slightly risky experiment with ibogaine was undoubtedly its promise of “encounters with the ancestors,” and — however tenuous — the possibility of closure and quietus that it seemed to offer. (Hancock 2007, 7—8)

Now, let me give my perspective on these many assumptions he is making. First of all, I understand his intense curiosity about the alleged shamanic hallucinations. The issue of the very existence and survival of the soul occupied my mind for many years. However, while I had all the shamanic signs and symptoms and experiences — beginning when I was a child — I also had a powerful, logical, skeptical mental apparatus.

I, too, was drawn to experiment in my own way as a consequence of the loss of loved ones. In the case of my grandfather, who died when I was 22, I had a classic contact experience at the time of his death that was actually witnessed and partly experienced by a third party, so there was a certain conviction in my mind that there is more to life than the body. But exactly what it was, what it meant, was still unproven to my very active rational mind. Nevertheless, this was a stimulus to my work and experiments with hypnosis through the years. In that work, I developed shamanic techniques where I both traveled with the subject, and remained guardian of the experience in this reality.

Why didn’t I decide to experiment with drugs? Let me include here an extract from a letter I wrote back in the 1980s to a friend who was advocating a particular meditative technique that was guaranteed to enlighten one where I explain why.

December, 1987 — […]

About the ‘Journey Into the Light’ tape you sent — it was very interesting and not unfamiliar or dissimilar to previous personal experiences of my own. But, I want to comment that, years ago, I interviewed a number of people who had taken mescaline [and LSD]. It seems they had all experienced fantastic “inner voyages”. It is, it seems, a total alteration of perception; they ‘see’ sounds and ‘hear’ colors and movement. Most of them described, laying over the whole experience, ‘waves of reality.’ They traveled into ‘other realms’ and perceived other beings — even very frightening areas of darkness and despair. They describe a disintegration of reality that includes the self. For most of them, this ‘loss of identity’ is terrifying.

In my own experiences with meditation, I have experienced ‘transfer of information,’ most of which is kept buried and which I have never shared with anyone. Until I can find confirmation of it in some other source, I will continue to hold it inside.

The point is: the mescaline experience — including other hallucinogens — is purely chemical — or, at least, chemically induced. Since the brain is capable of such incredible ‘voyages’ as a result of chemicals, how can we assert with absolute certainty that similar self-induced ‘flights’ or even acts of ‘channeling’ are not also merely chemical reactions within the physical brain? How do we know we are not merely manifestations of the imagination of some slumbering Cosmic Being? Or the toys or whatever of a group of celestial adversaries? (For I cannot doubt some foundation for our existence other than mere accident).

Now, I suppose that what has happened to me is that my faith — once so strong and impervious to external assault — has succumbed to a sort of ‘devil’s advocate’ mode of thinking. For so long I maintained the ‘proper’ attitudes — performed the proper acts — to ‘create’ a reality more in line with what I felt would provide the environment for creative productivity and simple happiness …

Well, hope springs eternal, as they say. I will continue to do those things which should lead to ‘enlightenment.’ I will water the shriveled plant of my faith and withhold judgment. But I cannot lie and pretend all is at peace in me or that I find my life, up to this point, at all what I would have hoped.

I am now at the age you were when I met you. You are now past 50 — and so little time has passed! I thought we would be young and adventurous and carefree forever, or at least until we died. As Rose said: I expect to be dead someday, but I don’t plan to spend any time dying. Yet, my mortality has never weighed so heavily upon me as now. Maybe I’m going through “the change”. I feel crazy as hell sometimes.

The reason I felt “crazy as hell” sometimes is due to the fact that I had embarked on my own experiment, though it had nothing at all to do with drugs. As I have written elsewhere, my grandmother’s death, ten years after my grandfather’s passing, really knocked the wind out of me. And six months later, I was bedridden after the birth of my fourth child. This was in 1985 and it was during this period of enforced stillness (typical event in the life of the shaman) that I turned to inner journeys in order to cope with the depth of my agony. You could say that what happened to my body was a physical expression of what was going on inside. I could no longer sit up or walk internally or externally. I needed to know with some certainty, what it all meant.

Even in my state of doubt, I continued to meditate. I had the idea that if I could produce the required changes in myself — even if it was only acceptance of my suffering and the sufferings of others — that would enable me to pass through this rough period. Most particularly, I wanted a change in my marriage. I needed my ex-husband’s acceptance of me as a questioning, intelligent human being — not merely a cook, housekeeper, sex object, baby-sitter and doormat. I knew that he had been wounded, that he had insecurities, that perhaps his behavior was simply designed to drive me away, to manifest some self-fulfilling prophecy he had about himself that no woman could love him or stand by him. I knew that, if anybody could do it, I could. And the goal was, of course, to heal myself so that my ex-husband would be healed. Then, if we were both “en rapport,” our children would benefit, and all would be right with the world!

My meditation practice rapidly progressed. After only a few months of practice, I found myself “zoning out” while remaining conscious in another way simultaneously, for up to three hours at a time, coming to myself feeling as though no time at all had passed. The only problem was: I never seemed to bring anything back with me. I had no idea what had been going on, where my mind had been. I did note that I was far more peaceful and able to cope with the difficulties of my life, but it was still frustrating not to obtain something a bit more concrete from all of this endeavor.

As a matter of practicality I generally meditated lying on the bed. Some people cannot do this because they tend to fall asleep, but that was never a problem for me. I could zone out in meditation, come to some time later, and then go to sleep easily at night. I was generally so uncomfortable in any position, that getting to sleep was problematical if I didn’t meditate first.

So, I went to bed one night and began my breathing exercises. This part of the process I had borrowed from my hypnotherapy training and was extremely useful. Of course, I later learned that it had been borrowed for hypnotherapy from certain meditation systems.

At this point, I don’t know what happened. All I remember is starting the breathing phase, which came before the contemplative phase of the exercise. But then I made some kind of big “skip”.

The next thing I knew, I was jerked back into consciousness by a sensation that can only be described as a boiling turbulence in my abdomen. It was so powerful that, at first, it felt actually physical — like there was a boiling agitation in my organs that was going to erupt upward in some way.

I was frantically holding my throat, because I could feel a tightening of the muscles in the throat area, as wave after wave of energy blew upward like the precursors of steam blasts from a volcano before it erupts. I struggled out of the bed, holding the wall with one hand and my throat with the other, clenching my teeth so whatever it was would not come gushing out of me and disturb my family. For all I knew, I was just going to be violently sick!

I rushed outside to the porch where there was a lawn sofa, and collapsed onto it just as the outpouring began.

I wish I could describe this in better words, but there are simply none that apply other than to use ordinary descriptions that don’t come close to the essence and intensity of the event. What erupted from me was a shattering series of sobs and cries that were utterly primeval and coming from some soul-deep place that defies explanation. Accompanying these cries, or actually, embedded in them, were images — visions — complete scenes with all attendant emotional content and implied context conveyed in an instant. It was like the idea of your life passing before your eyes only it was many lifetimes and many levels of experience. I was experiencing myself at multiple levels of reality, in multiple lifetimes, interacting with multiple beings, in scenario after scenario. There was a whole lot of communication going on in ways that are impossible to describe.

And the tears! My god! The tears that flowed. I had no idea that the human physiology was capable of producing such copious amounts of liquid so rapidly!

Now, if this had been just an hour-long crying jag or something like that, it would have to pass into history as “just one of those things,” maybe like PMS. But, this activity had a life of its own! It went on, without slowing or stopping, for more than five hours! If I attempted to slow it down, stop it, or “switch” my mind in another direction, the inner sensation of explosive eruption rapidly took over, all the muscles in my body would begin to clench up and I was no longer in control. I could only sit there as a sort of instrument of grief and lamentation and literally sob my heart out for every horror of history in which I had seemingly participated or to which I had possibly been a witness from whatever level of existence I occupied at that “time”. I think that there were even some that I was simply aware of without my direct participation. And some were truly horrible scenes.

Plague and pestilence and death and destruction. Scene after scene. Loved ones standing one moment, crushed or lying in bloody heaps the next. Rapaciousness, pillaging, plundering; rivers of blood and gore; slaughter, carnage and butchery in all its many manifestations passed before my eyes; holocaust and hell. Rage and hot anger, bloodlust and fury, murder and mayhem, all around me, everywhere I looked. Evil heaped on evil like twisted, dismembered bodies. And the grief of centuries, the unshed tears of millennia, the guilt, remorse and penitence, flooded through me; melting, thawing and dissolving the burdensome shell of stone that encased my petrified heart; washing away the pain with my tears; an ocean of tears.

As this release of the worlds of accumulated guilt and grief of many lifetimes went on, the “voice-that-was-not-a-voice” in the background, ever soothing, ever calming, repeated:

“It’s not your fault. There is no blame. It’s not your fault. You didn’t know.”

I came to understand something very deep: I understood that there is no “original sin”. I understood that the terrors and suffering mankind experiences here in life on earth is not caused by some sort of “flaw” or “error” or aberration from “within”. It is not punishment. It is not something that one can be “saved” from. I understood that every scene of terrible suffering and heart-rending cruelty was the result of ignorance. And each experience was the gaining of knowledge.

It is easier to see this idea when you consider the Crusades or the Inquisition. You can trace the path of twisted reason, leading from the idea of the Love of God to imposing that view on others “for their own good”, ending in torture and mass murder. Forget for a moment about those who just viciously used such philosophies for their own gain and political maneuvers. Think for a moment only about the sincerity of the philosophies behind such events. But it is based on ignorance.

Many of those who were seemingly out for gain and self-aggrandizement were operating out of ignorance — fear and hunger of the soul that cannot be satisfied. It is only a matter of degrees, but in the end, it is only ignorance.

When the flow of energy, images and tears finally began to subside, I felt a sensation of warm, balmy liquid, almost airy in its lightness, and so sweet that to this day, I can still remember the piercing quickening of the fire of love for all of creation. It was ecstatic, rapturous and exultant all at the same time. I was lost in wonder, amazed and at the same time bewildered at this vision of the world.

The result of this event was a state of prolonged “elevation,” or “loving peace” that persisted for a very long time. You could even say that the effects reverberate to the present. Never again was I able to condemn (act against with intent to destroy what they choose to believe) another, no matter how wicked their deeds. I could see that all so-called “evil” and “wickedness” was a manifestation of ignorance. No person, no matter how holy and elevated they may think they are in this life, has not reveled in the shedding of another’s blood in some other time and place. And no person who chooses ignorance and wickedness and destruction in this life is wrong. Yes, I had the right to avoid them, to defend myself against them, to understand what they were doing. But it was not my place to go on a campaign to forcibly change their mind.

The significant point is: Ignorance is a choice, and one made for a reason: to learn and to grow.

That realization led to another: that one needs knowledge to learn how to truly choose; the point of this existence is to be able to learn, at this level of reality, what is and isn’t of ignorance, what is of truth and beauty and love and cleanliness. I understood the saying of Jesus that some things are bright and shining on the outside, but inside they are filthy and full of decay. And I don’t mean that I was seeing this negativity as something to be judged. I clearly understood its reason and place as modes of learning, but I was deeply inspired to seek out all I could learn about this world to best manifest what was of light.

With this comparison of my non-drug induced shamanic experience to the drug-induced ones that Hancock describes in the book, I think that the attentive reader can see the difference. It seems that drug induced experiences do indeed open the door to other realms, but they are generally lower realms, where one would not wish to remain for any period of time. I should also add that this was only the beginning of the initiatory process. It proceeded by stages for years. I’m not sure it ever ends, either. But with each step of progression, your perception changes and with the change of perception comes the change of the reality you live in. My life now is so vastly different from the life I was leading then that it is literally a Cinderella story. Yes, I have paid a high price for my knowledge and awareness; I am subjected to vicious attacks from those who seek to keep humanity ignorant and in chains. But let me say at this point that, in my personal life, I experience happiness that few have ever known, and there is a peace that passes all understanding in doing what is right simply because it is right.

Last edited:
I really liked this book and I can even say it marked a change in my life/consciousness.

Let me tell you the story. I was in the bookshop and pick it, was reading the back cover and there was a guy next to me who suddenly tell me "you must read it". Being introvert, I felt a little attacked. I went away to another shelf, but felt some urge to go back to this book, and finally, I bought it. Bought it, but I've not read it soon. Several months later, I finally read it, and wow !

It was the first time I was reading and periodically just stop to really "think" by myself, so to speak (if so, what are the implications, what does that really mean, and if this or that, then what...)

After that, and some other researches on the internet relating to what was exposed in the book, I stumbled on the paper written by Laura wich talked about it. I must say that again and again, when searching on the internet, I always ended up on the Quantum Future website! But this time it was a little different, because having discovered that I can think (even a little!) I understood more of what Laura said.

Wich urged me to read more of what she published (just not the things I stumbled onto), then to subscribe, interact more, and offer my help for the translations.

Yes, sometimes, a book can change your life in some surprising way! Why this book in particular for me? I don't know for sure, maybe because "consciousness" is central in it, in a mosaic way that opened infinite directions. At least, that's how I perceived it.

Hello again.

Since i started this thread, and the book deals with mind altering substances, which can be classified as drugs, i would just like to leave an apologies if it infringed the forum guidelines. Still i think it is a topic that, with what we talk about in general in this forum, should not be completely dismissed. And by talking about it in a reasonable manner, i don't think we are condoning it.

I agree that it could be a dangerous shortcut to access "higher information" and if one is not prepared for what lurks in those realms it could be dangerous, and that there are more natural and progressive ways to do so. Anything that is abused can have negative effects.

But if someone does decide to go there and bring back information that could be considered valuable, should we not consider it? Also the shamans that use this route are chosen and trained since kids.

I am reminded of what Don Juan told Castaneda about petty tyrants. That in enduring them, that was the perfect training to look into the abyss of this experiments. A king of pre-knowledge one needs to go into these realms. I really don't remember if Castaneda speaks about the methods they used, i only remember that Don Juan would pat him in the back to change perceptions/reality...

i'm not a big fan of JOE R but these two with him are very interesting ....

2 hour 35 minutes . . .

Sep 30, 2020
PowerfulJRE

Attorney and scholar Brian C. Muraresku is the author of The Immortality Key: The Secret History of the Religion with No Name. Featuring an introduction by Graham Hancock, The Immortality Key is a look into the psychedelic origins of the world's great spiritual practices and what those might mean for how we view ourselves and the world around us. Hancock's most recent book is America Before: The Key to Earth's Lost Civilization, now available in Paperback. . .

Yes every now and then Joe has some fascinating people on his podcast that makes it worth while. I bought The Immortality Key by Brian C. Muraresku on Audible and find the whole book’s content to be very interesting. It was almost 15 hours long and had many details on Brian’s trips to Europe and the Vatican. Ultimately, it seems that there is now hard evidence that there was psychoactive ingredients in the wine that people had all those years ago.
What I did not realize is that wine back in the day didn’t necessarily have alcohol in it but rather was a mix of water, herbs, and spices and some of these wine concoctions had 50 ingredients or more within them.
Night shade is one that is referenced a number of times and in Latin the translation of it is not unpleasant visions if I remember his words correctly. It was a fascinating book and there was a lot more to it than what I can possibly summarize here but at the end of the day I’d say the consumption of psychoactive ingredients within wine to “die before you die” is a shortcut to experience visions that are life changing and removed the fear of death for many but it may not be the appropriate way to gain such an experience.

Q: I want to you have lost a fan because he was not happy with what he considered to be "internal inconsistencies" in that you were NOT favorably disposed toward hallucinations produced by substances such as Mescaline and Ayahuasca, but yet you recommend Melatonin because it is a hallucinogen. Then, you said that spiritual powers could not be obtained through chemicals or plant type means, but then said that Melatonin exercises psychic abilities. Could you comment on this?

A: Several comments: First of all, "fan" is short for "fanatic." Secondly, melatonin does not force an alteration in physiological brain chemicals, as do mescaline, peyote, LSD, etc. Accessing the higher levels of psychical awareness through such processes is harmful to the balance levels of the prime chakra. This is because it alters the natural rhythms of psychic development by causing reliance on the part of the subject, thus subjugating the learning process. It is a form of self-imposed abridging of free will. Melatonin simply allows the system to clear obstructions in the brain chemistry naturally, thereby allowing the subject to continue to learn at a natural pace. And, it is by no means unimportant that melatonin is a natural body hormone. The other substances mentioned are, at least in part, synthetic, with the exception of peyote. But even that is not a natural ingredient of the human physiological being. And besides, we have already discussed the importance, or lack thereof, of those who pass judgment upon this exercise, or communication.
The above is what the C’s had to say about the usage of psychoactive substances and it’s all I could think about in the back of my mind while listening to Brian’s book, The Immortality Key.

Back
Top Bottom