The Christ of Scientology is.......

Gimpy

The Living Force
….TOM CRUISE!! He has paid enough to get god-like status!!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,4-2007030603,00.html

I will never be able to watch Top Gun the same way again.

Hubby sent this to me, and it was so ridiculous I had to share it.

Gimpy

Well I'm Laughin' :)

Laughin' my ass off in fact :lol:

I would be laughing too if that were a humour. It's more like a minuscule insight of a mega.... we're in and who is set as a hero to imitate on BBM

http://www(dot)thesuperficial.com/archives/2006/01/17/tom_cruise_gives_crazy_birthda.html
or her 27th birthday present, Tom Cruise gave Katie Holmes a DVD collection of every movie he has ever acted in. A source told the Daily Express:
"Each was inscribed with a special handwritten love message to the future mother of his child."
It's a mystery why everybody thinks Tom Cruise is an egomaniacal loon. For birthday presents I usually give people framed pictures of myself and they absolutely love it, so I know exactly where Tom is coming from. The guy really knows the spirit of giving. Nothing says 'happy birthday' to someone like a huge shrine dedicated to yourself

http://www(dot)gothamist(dot)com/archives/2005/07/18/rick_ross_cult_expert.php
July 18, 2005
Rick Ross, Cult Expert
We have to ask - Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes and Scientology… thoughts?
Scientology seems to play a pivotal role in the supposed Tom Cruise/Katie Holmes pairing and romance. Mr. Cruise, like many people in groups often called "cults," cannot easily tolerate an outside frame of reference. He lives in a kind of traveling Scientology bubble with his entourage of sycophants and assistants. It's doubtful that he could have a serious personal relationship with an unbeliever.
Cruise is Scientology's most important living asset and they wouldn't want it any other way. It would be a "mission impossible" for someone to become his spouse without accepting Scientology. Tom Cruise arguably lost his last link to the other side when he replaced his publicist Pat Kingsley with his Scientologist sister. If he doesn't want an unbeliever as a publicist, why would anyone think he wants one for a wife?
Scientology appears to be popular with the celebrity set. What do you attribute this to?
There may be around 100,000 members of the church worldwide and it's likely that less than 1% of the membership could be called "celebrities." But Scientology specifically and systematically targets celebrities, which is consistent with the teachings of its founder L. Ron Hubbard. That is why they have so-called "Celebrity Centers," to attract and cater to celebs. Tom Cruise often brings people to the LA Celebrity Center.
There is something of a Hollywood network of Scientologists within the entertainment industry. Perhaps there is the perception that becoming involved with Scientology is potentially professionally advantageous. Other than that though the same things that hook most people in groups called "cults" works the same for celebrities. It's often like a game of "bait and switch." What you see at first is not necessarily what you get. Scientology actually sells its revelation through courses. So you don't know what it's completely about until you finish the training and reach the higher levels.
You hear a lot of talk about OT in Scientology. What is OT?
Scientology says that "Operating Thetan" (OT) is roughly its equivalent to the religious concept of a human soul. But there are other more cryptic meanings that connect the word to a belief in preexistence and alien beings from outer space. Scientology is after all the creation of L. Ron Hubbard who was first a Sci-fi writer before becoming a religious prophet.
Scientology zealously guards its OT secrets and has used copyright and trade secret law to keep former members from posting this information on the Internet. However, a woman in Holland has successfully beaten them legally and anyone can read Scientology's secret OT teachings by simply going to a website called "Operation Clambake."
What about Kabbalah? Radar Magazine recently ran a scathing expose on the Bergs, pretty much exposing them as taking an ancient form of Jewish mysticism and distorting it for personal gain. Do you agree with this assessment?
I cooperated with Radar on that series and have been tracking the Kabbalah Centre since 1997. In my opinion the Bergs are more about marketing than mysticism. And the Kabbalah Centre is run much like the Berg family business even though it is a nonprofit tax-exempted religious charity. I have received many complaints about the Bergs from former devotees, families and the partners and spouses of those involved. These complaints run from relentless financial exploitation to estrangement from a spouse, family or friends that don't agree with and/or question the Bergs and their teachings. Madonna more than anyone is responsible for the fantastic growth of the Kabbalah Centre in recent years. And though she may also be a victim of undue influence, Madonna has enabled the Bergs to reach a wider audience and potentially harm an increasing number of people.
Why do you think people buy into this stuff?
Adherents buy into the Kabbalah Centre because they don't know initially what it's all about. Some are probably swept up by the cache of Madonna, Demi Moore, and Ashton Kutcher, which makes the Bergs appear credible. Add to this that the Kabbalah Centre offers easy enlightenment with an amulet or holy water to address almost any need or problem. Groups like this sell simple solutions to complex problems in a world that is becoming increasingly frightening and overwhelming for many people.

and, please have a couple of seconds to watch these:

http://www(dot)ajc.com/localnews/content/shared-blogs/palmbeach/cerabino/entries/2006/08/30/are_you_suri_th.html
http://www(dot)thesuperficial.com/2006/08/suri_cruise_gets_art_dedicated.html
http://www(dot)swollenpickles.com/?p=48&akst_action=share-this

Gimpy said:
….TOM CRUISE!! He has paid enough to get god-like status!!
From which I deduce that Christ was probably a bad actor in his days.

DonaldJHunt said:
Rick Ross is a pretty shady character himself...
To say the least. This is the guy who defines cults just so he can get paid to 'deprogram' it's members and is linked to the Waco massacre. Not someone I would be looking to for information of any kind.

Yes, Tom has pretty much turned into a freaky wacko - but, guess what? Tom can turn into whatever Tom wants - it's his life - although it does give the remake of 'War of the Worlds' an interesting twist.

;)

point taken. Other yahoo hits on scientology + cruise are shady, tabloid at least.
If hollywood caretakers can't hook a promising big bucks star on drugs, hollywood girls-on-call, scientology, kabbala - 'star' dies for them, osit.
my favorite american male actors have little or nothing to do with hollywood - John Malkovitch and Robert Redford.

Back
Top Bottom