The Carnivore Diet

Great conference gathering doctors from both plant-based and meat-based communities, allowing anyone to draw its own conclusion.
Interestingly, I notice there were 3 on plant side against 2 on meat side...

Searching to be as much unbiased as possible, I really found the plant based arguments lacking weight.
Carnivores advocates here are Drs Baker and Chaffee, with a special mention to the latter, whom I found way more precise than the others.
All were serious and respectful, though. I recommend.

I'd like to pick a "joke" out from 1:21:45, made by Patrick Holford, from which I pull a more serious theory (as crazy as it may sounds).
It concerned Inuits having very low rates of heart disease and eating seals, being an awesome source of food :
DHA is very rich in the brain. We know that the Omega 3 came from the plankton in the ocean which the little fish would eat, so it starts to concentrate the EPA and DHA. And then the big fish (like mackerel and salmon) would eat them, [making them] really good. Then seals would come along and eat them ! So seals is by far the best source of DHA. [...] So we have at least learned, if you want a healthy brain and a healthy heart, you eat Eskimos.
As I'm pretty convinced by the evidence now, my conclusion to "what's an optimal human diet?" is "something that gets the closest to carnivore possible" (with implementing some 'safe' carbs - or not - according to the very needs of each individual).

Now, this subject of optimal health is a lot tricky as it can easily lean toward a 'I want more' syndrome ; keeping us prisoners of the sick STS mindset. We are STS, we inhabit this reality anyway and we must move according to its rules, yes.
However, everything is on an array and the apex of "I want to be even more healthy" may well lead one to cannibalism, it seems - and even there, context may have a lot to do in telling if "good" or "bad"/appropriate or not.
This may indeed bring "optimal nutrition", who knows (with echoes to the adrenochrome topic), but to what price ? And let's keep in mind that health doesn't come ONLY from nutrition, although the latter is a fair tool for the former - if not necessary.

Anyway... Long story short, as STO candidates I don't think we need to go THAT far in health, but simply find the right balance to be healthy enough to allow us to function optimally, to achieve what we aim at.

Just sharing my thoughts after this semester of research for "optimal health through nutrition".

Aside, I generally wonder if meat sourced from carnivorous animals would be more appropriate to the human physiology.
But it's a detail that may not make much a difference, so let's stay focus on getting meat simply.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom