The birth control pill, a strain for the body and a soporific for the mind?

Ellipse

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I was discussing with my acupuncturist about the birth control pill and he tell me some very important informations I think. For those who don't know, an acupuncturist can sense very currently how the body of someone is functioning while taking the Chinese pulse.

He tell me that a woman who is under the pill have her body organs signals scrambled, smoothed, and that it's more difficult to have a clear view for him of the patient body state. He said me that it affect the mind too, by smoothing the personality, that all women under the pill tend to be equal.

I think it's can be an important line of research to confirm this. As women are historically considered to have a better sensibility with "the outer", shutting this down could had been a priority.

Doing a quick search I see that it's know that oral contraception and hormone therapy puts women at an increased risk of developing candida / yeast overgrowth.

Re: The birth control pill, a strain for the body and a sporific for the mind?

Personally I felt the total opposite of having a "smoothed personality" when I was taking the pill, I felt completely erratic emotionally, my moods jumped from good to very bad constantly, it was the most emotionally up and down I have ever been, diet was obviously playing a part too, however when I stopped taking the pill I felt considerably better.

I decided to come off the pill for that reason plus the fact that it didn't feel natural to control my period and stop my body doing what it was built to do. When I came off the pill it took about four months or so for me to have a period again. It was not pleasant and could've been avoided had I not taken the pill!

Perhaps your body was revolting and if you had continued, it will be accustomed of the pill and you would be "shutdown" too. I will ask about this.

Re: The birth control pill, a strain for the body and a sporific for the mind?

Jennifer said:
Personally I felt the total opposite of having a "smoothed personality" when I was taking the pill, I felt completely erratic emotionally, my moods jumped from good to very bad constantly, it was the most emotionally up and down I have ever been, diet was obviously playing a part too, however when I stopped taking the pill I felt considerably better.

I decided to come off the pill for that reason plus the fact that it didn't feel natural to control my period and stop my body doing what it was built to do. When I came off the pill it took about four months or so for me to have a period again. It was not pleasant and could've been avoided had I not taken the pill!

Thanks for sharing Jennifer, when I read what you wrote i was shaking my head in agreement! It has been over 20 years since I have taken the pill, but when I did I had very similar experiences. Another 'side effect' was that it would make me sick literally.

I began taking a low estrogen pill after having my second child, I was still breastfeeding. When I reported to the doctor that I was literally throwing up within an hour of taking the pill. The doc responded with "you know birth control tricks your body into thinking you are pregnant, maybe that is just a symptom, it should go away when your body gets used to it"

I was annoyed and said what good is it really going to do if it won't stay down! I mean jeez I'm not a doctor but come on really!? :headbash:

The doctor's solution was to switch to another even lower dose pill, well same results! I finally ditched it all together and did research on alternative birth control methods that would't mess with my mind, emotions or stomach! Two sources I found super informative:

Cooperative Method of Natural Birth Control

HERBAL BIRTH CONTROL by Susan Weed (Excerpt from Wise Woman Herbal for the Childbearing Year pages 5 -14)

Several years later I read an informative article on SOTT about the pill, it reaffirmed my concerns and helped me understand why it made me feel so terrible :scared:

The Dark Side of Birth Control: The Pill Still Has Many Adverse Affects Glossed Over By Big Pharma

Within just a few years of the approval of Enovid, the first pill, it became clear that women were experiencing serious adverse health effects. Barbara Seaman, a young journalist for Brides and Ladies Home Journal magazines realized how common truly frightening health problems were when she began receiving letters from readers. Experiences ranged from the aggravating - weight gain, mood swings, sexual problems - to the life threatening - blood clots and other potentially fatal problems including cancers. Seaman's ground-breaking 1969 book, The Doctors' Case Against the Pill, chronicled the suffering of real women on the pill and documented the multiple health risks tying the silence and lack of information about them to drug company greed, unequal power between doctors and patients, and sexism in American life.

The Disturbing Truth About Oral Contraceptives​

Story at a glance:
  • One of the properties of estrogens is their ability to increase the cells’ ability to hold water, which is why women with estrogen dominance are prone to edema (water retention). Cellular swelling is both a characteristic of the cellular stress response and a signal for cellular proliferation. Cellular swelling and proliferation are also hallmarks of cancer
  • Estrogen has been shown to replicate the shock phase of the stress reaction in animals
  • Progesterone, a progestational molecule, nourishes the embryo and is essential to prevent miscarriage. It’s also an antistress molecule and anti-estrogenic
  • Synthetic progestins, while having some of the activity of progesterone, do not have the same physiological effects as endogenous progesterone. In fact, in some cases, they can have the opposite effect
  • The 1965 to 1985 Coronary Drug Project found that Premarin, a weak estrogen, increased cancer, heart disease and mortality rates. The Nurses’ Health Study, which began in 1976, found that hormone replacement therapy (HRT) increased the risk of ischemic stroke and cancer, and the Framingham Heart Study showed an increased risk of heart disease for estrogen users
  • The Women’s Health Initiative, which began in 1991, found women who used either Premarin alone or in combination with Provera, the synthetic progestin used in birth control shots, had elevated rates of vascular diseases, cognitive decline, cancers and more

Attachments

• disturbing-truth-about-oral-contraceptives-pdf.pdf
    166.5 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom