"The Big Book of Near-Death Experiencers" by PMH Atwater

I wasn't aware of this connection between UFOs and vegetarianism, a quick search did not yield any fruitful result. I did notice that new age types or otherwise spiritually inclined people tend to promote vegetarianism or veganism for alledged ethical/spiritual/energetic reasons. There seems to be some overlap between UFO people and New Age people, so that might help explain part of it.

Yeah, the only connection I found so far looking into it again were a few articles on 'signs of alien abduction.' Turning vegetarian is one of the supposed signs tied to an overall increase in cosmic consciousness, but some or a lot of the articles are written in a humorous light.

Aside from the diet topic but related to NDEers and UFO encounters, there is a book that compares the experiences of the two called 'The Omega Project: Near-Death Experiences, UFO Encounters and Mind at Large' by Kenneth Ring. Reading the reviews just now though it sounds like there may be a 'aliens are here to save us and raise our consciousness' bent which could be hard to sift through but it still looks like an interesting read. Thought I'd mention it as it was a book I found while looking up info related to this thread.

Back
Top Bottom