test

anart said:
Sorry, I was busy ignoring you, what was that?

;)
My test wasn't supposed to show up here! It was supposed to show up in 4D. I got a special Christmas msg for Mr. Y !

315ect3.gif

one more test, just to make sure:

http://news.fr/actualite/medias/0,3800002047,39365707,00.htm

Le "Kazaa" de la télévision entre en phase de test

Le cabinet Gartner estime que le nombre de blogs en 2007 plafonnera � 100 millions dans le monde. Et qu'� terme, leur nombre se stabilisera � 30 millions. Autant de blogueurs actifs devenus alors une cible intéressante pour les professionnels du marketing. ...

I was having Web trouble at the forum. So I thought to do a test :

Le "Kazaa" de la télévision entre en phase de test

my own test....

haven't been able to log in for two days :/

Testing inverted commas thingy "testing", "testing", "testing"....
:cool:

edit: the test was succesful, but stil there is a weird problem with that. Here an example:

On Tuesday Tamir was seen walking the halls of the Knesset with a bodyguard. Speaking to Ynet, Tamir said that she is not afraid from the new security assessment, but said that "like my mother always told me a?" 'nobody is asking me'."
What with this "a?"

And here another one:
On the other hand, I also get an impression that he is practically teasing the aa,?A"Zionist entityaa,?
It suppose to be Zionist entity...

I keep getting weird code in place of punctuation throughout the site: is this just something at my end?

Sometimes this can happen starsailor, you can get " " and stuff like that, but unless its in quotes from other websites (which everyone will see because it came from a website which already had a problem with their codes), then it may be at your end, but I don't know what would cause that. Basically if its mostly in quotes copied from other websites then it should be nothing to worry about.

Keit said:
edit: the test was succesful, but stil there is a weird problem with that.
Looks like a character set problem. Seems to be fixed now though. Check this out:

L'échange

עִבְרִית‎

проверка

Of there might be some previous posts that don't look quite right. Dunno. But it does look fixed now.

With regards to quotes, end quotes often get turned into ?'s with an extra space at the end, especially in pasted texts. This happened to me a lot today with my posts, and I had to go back and edit all the ?'s out and put new end quotes in.

It seems that in pasted texts from a word processor the end quotes are slanted backwards and the forum's system, for some reason, converts them into ?'s.

example:
“Cogito, ergo sum�
...the "?" was supposed to be an end-quote " in the original text from a word processor.

Notice how the system left the forward-slanted beginning quote but changed the backward-slanted end quote into ?. The forum's original quote symbol is, in contrast: " , or not slanted ... it seems Dr. Bizaramor is picky ;)

Back
Top Bottom