Telepathy

MusicMan

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Yesterday I began to read the book "Edgar Cayce on ESP" by Doris Agee with editing by his son Hugh.
Today I reached chapter ten, which is his chapter on Telepathy. Then I found this thread.
I tell you, the Universe is like a school, and the lessons are prepared for us!
Telepathy has got to be the ultimate method of networking.
I know I have the skill, it just needs some practice. Polish, even. I'll have to dust it off a bit first.
I think it was 1970 the last time I tried it. It worked!
 
A

Alchemie

Guest
MusicMan said:
Yesterday I began to read the book "Edgar Cayce on ESP" by Doris Agee with editing by his son Hugh.
Today I reached chapter ten, which is his chapter on Telepathy. Then I found this thread.
I tell you, the Universe is like a school, and the lessons are prepared for us!
Telepathy has got to be the ultimate method of networking.
I know I have the skill, it just needs some practice. Polish, even. I'll have to dust it off a bit first.
I think it was 1970 the last time I tried it. It worked!

Can you describe in more detail. I am interested in your experience
 

MusicMan

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
As I recall, back in about 1970, I was relaxing in bed with my wife, and I suggested to her that we try an experiment. This was when we were living in Darwin, not much else to do!
I asked her to imagine a really deep well, black as anything, and she's looking into it, while I did the same.
I then suggested that she see a glimmer of light at the bottom of the well, and the light is slowly getting larger and larger, until it fills the bottom of the well.
When she could do that, I suggested that she imagine in the circle of light, a face.

My job was to guess who the face belonged to.
I imagined in my own circle of light, that it was the child of a family who lived a couple of miles away. This turned out to be correct.
I was flabbergasted at the time, and I put it down to telepathy, but really, it could have been a lucky guess. Who knows? We had a fairly wide circle of acquaintances at the time, and it could have been any one of them, or anyone else on the planet..

That was the only time we tried it with me transmitting as it were.
When we tried it the other way around with my wife transmitting, it didn't work.
It seemed to be a one way street.
Anyway, ever since then, my wife has been able to seemingly read my thoughts.
No secrets..
 
A

Alchemie

Guest
MusicMan said:
As I recall, back in about 1970, I was relaxing in bed with my wife, and I suggested to her that we try an experiment. This was when we were living in Darwin, not much else to do!
I asked her to imagine a really deep well, black as anything, and she's looking into it, while I did the same.
I then suggested that she see a glimmer of light at the bottom of the well, and the light is slowly getting larger and larger, until it fills the bottom of the well.
When she could do that, I suggested that she imagine in the circle of light, a face.

My job was to guess who the face belonged to.
I imagined in my own circle of light, that it was the child of a family who lived a couple of miles away. This turned out to be correct.
I was flabbergasted at the time, and I put it down to telepathy, but really, it could have been a lucky guess. Who knows? We had a fairly wide circle of acquaintances at the time, and it could have been any one of them, or anyone else on the planet..

That was the only time we tried it with me transmitting as it were.
When we tried it the other way around with my wife transmitting, it didn't work.
It seemed to be a one way street.
Anyway, ever since then, my wife has been able to seemingly read my thoughts.
No secrets..

Thank you for sharing your experience MusicMan.
Do I understand this correctly. Are you for so many decades with the same woman together? Then congratulations :)
With the last sentence I had to smile a little, because it can be, that your wife has intensive attention towards to you.
 

MusicMan

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Alchemie said:
MusicMan said:
As I recall, back in about 1970, I was relaxing in bed with my wife, and I suggested to her that we try an experiment. This was when we were living in Darwin, not much else to do!
I asked her to imagine a really deep well, black as anything, and she's looking into it, while I did the same.
I then suggested that she see a glimmer of light at the bottom of the well, and the light is slowly getting larger and larger, until it fills the bottom of the well.
When she could do that, I suggested that she imagine in the circle of light, a face.

My job was to guess who the face belonged to.
I imagined in my own circle of light, that it was the child of a family who lived a couple of miles away. This turned out to be correct.
I was flabbergasted at the time, and I put it down to telepathy, but really, it could have been a lucky guess. Who knows? We had a fairly wide circle of acquaintances at the time, and it could have been any one of them, or anyone else on the planet..

That was the only time we tried it with me transmitting as it were.
When we tried it the other way around with my wife transmitting, it didn't work.
It seemed to be a one way street.
Anyway, ever since then, my wife has been able to seemingly read my thoughts.
No secrets..

Thank you for sharing your experience MusicMan.
Do I understand this correctly. Are you for so many decades with the same woman together? Then congratulations :)
With the last sentence I had to smile a little, because it can be, that your wife has intensive attention towards to you.

To answer your question, we were married in 1967, and are still together.
Through thick and thin.
Thank you.
 

placematt

Jedi Master
FOTCM Member
I have dabbled with a little telepathy.

My only real successful attempts were when i blasted something in my mind for 30 seconds. Then the person in the same room would say what i was thinking.

An example, when me and a mate were watching a film together. I knew he had a packet of doritos in his car. So with my mind i focused on doretoes and blasted it out. 30 seconds later he got up and was like, I'm going to get the Doritos.

Done this a few other times with peoples names just to test. It works quite frequently but i haven't done any reading on the subject. Just sort of experimented with it a bit!

Whether or not thats telepathy, I'm unsure but the doritos were really nice and i didn't even have to get up and grab them :)
 
A

Alchemie

Guest
wand3rer said:
I have dabbled with a little telepathy.

My only real successful attempts were when i blasted something in my mind for 30 seconds. Then the person in the same room would say what i was thinking.

An example, when me and a mate were watching a film together. I knew he had a packet of doritos in his car. So with my mind i focused on doretoes and blasted it out. 30 seconds later he got up and was like, I'm going to get the Doritos.

Done this a few other times with peoples names just to test. It works quite frequently but i haven't done any reading on the subject. Just sort of experimented with it a bit!

Whether or not thats telepathy, I'm unsure but the doritos were really nice and i didn't even have to get up and grab them :)

I have tried something like that, after I read a book by Uri Geller.
Also harmless. I focused in thoughts that a person should make/say something specific.
I was a little amazed that it worked. But again, I'm not doing more, because it does not meet my ethics -- Whether it would work at all.

I think the ability from my husband is interesting. He had placed a hand on my head and retrieve information from my brain/soul (memories, also from another life). Unfortunately, he can not handle with it, because he is energetically drained after such an action and feels that he just want to take a nap.
As Laura said, a medium is only as good as his/her consciousness.
 
Today at work I was walking past a colleague and has passed her desk when I quite clearly heard her say my name. It was her voice & tone. I turned back & walked over & she said "You heard me! I didn't say it out loud but I thought "silveryblue" and you heard me"
The look she gave me was both puzzled & pleased. I made a joke about us being far too close although we don't work closely, but I have worked with her several times over the years.

I often look up when people mention me in conversation - even when they are really too far away for me to hear them. Office joke is about my "Radar". I think when someone is thinking your name specifically it opens up a tight beam and you can "hear" them if you are receptive.
Something to follow up on anyway.

Also, link to a news article about a child in a crashed car in a river. Rescuers say they heard someone saying "help me", but the mother was dead & the child was 18 months and had been in the car about 14 hours at that stage.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11414752.

Maybe telepathy is becoming more commonplace but not recognised by people? :cool:
 
I think that would be a very gentle & non threatening way for things to move.
Folks just start hearing with other than ears & seeing with other than eyes naturally & without shock as it slowly dawns on them. Nice :)
 

luc

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
In one of to more recent sessions (unfortunately, couldn't locate it right now), the C's said that eventually, some form of telepathic communication might become possible when sufficient bonds are established, if I remember correctly. I thought the following excerpts from Sheldrake's "The Science Delusion" are quite interesting concerning this topic and seem to support the C's remark (some aspects of this have been already hinted at in this thread):

The Science Delusion said:
The natural history of human telepathy

The laboratory investigations of telepathy by parapsychologists provide evidence that it happens, but shed little light on telepathy in real-life situations.

When Laurens van der Post was living with Bushmen in the Kalahari desert, in southern Africa, he found that they seemed to be in telepathic contact on a regular basis. On one occasion he went hunting with a group of men and they killed an eland about fifty miles away from the camp. As they were driving back in a Land Rover laden with meat, van der Post asked one of the Bushmen how the people would react when they learned of their success. He replied, ‘They already know. They know by wire . . . We Bushmen have a wire here’ – he tapped his chest – ‘that brings us news.’ He was comparing their method of communication with the white man’s telegram or ‘wire’. Sure enough, when they approached the camp, the people were singing the ‘Eland Song’ and preparing to give the hunters the greatest of welcomes.

In most, if not all, traditional societies, telepathy seems to be taken for granted and put to practical use. Many travellers in Africa reported that people seem to know when others to whom they were attached were coming home. The same occurred in rural Norway, where there is a special word for the anticipation of arrivals: vardøger. Typically, someone at home heard a person approaching the house and coming in, yet nobody physically did so. Soon afterwards the person actually arrived. Similarly, the ‘second sight’ of some inhabitants of the Scottish Highlands included visions of arrivals before the person in the vision appeared.

I found the reference to the chest very interesting - does that mean that telepathy is more a matter of feeling? What seems obvious, is that telepathy works best between people who are attached to each other / very close / have formed bonds. Maybe the Bushmen referred to here had such an extraordinary bond with each other due to their "real community" lifestyle that actual telepathic communication became possible... The importance of a bond seems supported by a lot of evidence:

Many cases of apparent telepathy occurred in response to other people’s needs. For example, hundreds of mothers told me that when they were still breastfeeding, they knew when their baby needed them, even from miles away. They felt their milk let down.

I designed a simple procedure to test both the chance-coincidence theory and the unconscious-knowledge theory experimentally [in connection with the psychic ability to know in advance who calls you on the phone). I recruited subjects who said they quite frequently knew who was calling before answering the phone. I asked them for the names and telephone numbers of four people they knew well, friends or family members. The subjects were then filmed continuously throughout the period of the experiment alone in a room with a landline telephone, without a caller ID system. If there was a computer in the room, it was switched off, and the subjects had no mobile phone. My research assistant or I selected one of the four callers at random by the throw of a dice. We rang up the selected person and asked him to phone the subject in the next couple of minutes. He did so. The subject’s phone rang, and before answering it she had to say to the camera who, out of the four possible callers, she felt was on the line. She could not have known through knowledge of the caller’s habits and daily routines because, in this experiment, the callers rang at times randomly selected by the experimenter.

By guessing at random, subjects would have been right about one time in four, or 25 per cent. In fact, the average hit rate was 45 per cent, very significantly above the chance level. None of the subjects was right every time, but they were right much more than they should have been if the chance coincidence theory were true. This above-chance effect has been replicated independently in telephone telepathy tests at the universities of Freiburg, Germany, and Amsterdam, Holland.

In some of our tests, there were two familiar callers and two unfamiliar callers whom the subjects had never met but whose names they knew. The hit rate with unfamiliar callers was near the chance level; with the familiar callers it was 52 per cent, about twice the chance level. This experiment supported the idea that telepathy occurs more between people who are bonded to each other than between strangers.

For some of our experiments we recruited young Australians, New Zealanders and South Africans living in London. Some of their callers were back home, thousands of miles away, and the others were new acquaintances in England. In these tests, the hit rates were higher with their nearest and dearest far away than with people in Britain they had met only recently, showing that emotional closeness is more important than physical proximity.

So I wonder - with bonds that are based on true care, empathy and truth, what might be possible? A "wire in the chest" like with the Bushmen? I guess we'll see...
 

Oxajil

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
luc said:
So I wonder - with bonds that are based on true care, empathy and truth, what might be possible? A "wire in the chest" like with the Bushmen? I guess we'll see...

That is very interesting luc. I would also think that it might be possible for a 'telepathic' bond to develop with people you care about and have good colinear relationships with. Perhaps it is kind of similar to having the same ideas or thoughts at the same time. It might not be in the way of being able to have a discussion via the mind however! But it could entail being able to pick up certain information from one another, being more 'in tune'. If that makes any sense!
 

luc

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Oxajil said:
That is very interesting luc. I would also think that it might be possible for a 'telepathic' bond to develop with people you care about and have good colinear relationships with. Perhaps it is kind of similar to having the same ideas or thoughts at the same time. It might not be in the way of being able to have a discussion via the mind however! But it could entail being able to pick up certain information from one another, being more 'in tune'. If that makes any sense!

Yes, that's the way I see it too. It probably won't be about "wireless talking", but more about sharing sensations based on genuine care, osit. I never really had any conscious experience with telepathy/other "far our" experience, except perhaps the common "thinking about someone and then he calls" experience, but the evidence for these phenomena presented in Earth Changes and the Human-Cosmic Connection and Sheldrake's The Science Delusion made me curious about the subject, and seems to be very much in line with what the C's said.
 
Top Bottom