Telegram Premium

sToRmR1dR

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Telegram will launch a paid subscription plan for its users this month, founder Pavel Durov said.

Telegram to launch paid Premium subscription in June

10 JUN, 2022
This subscription plan allows anyone to acquire additional features, speed and resources, Telegram founder Pavel Durov specified

MOSCOW, June 10. /TASS/. Telegram will launch the paid Premium subscription in June, making it possible for messenger users to have additional functions, Telegram founder Pavel Durov wrote in his Telegram channel.

"After giving it some thought, we realized that the only way to let our most demanding fans get more while keeping our existing features free is to make those raised limits a paid option. That's why this month we will introduce Telegram Premium, a subscription plan that allows anyone to acquire additional features, speed and resources. It will also allow users to support Telegram and join the club that receives new features first," Durov said.

All the existing functions will remain free, the founder of the messenger said. "Even users who don't subscribe to Telegram Premium will be able to enjoy some of its benefits: for example, they will be able to view extra-large documents, media and stickers sent by Premium users, or tap to add Premium reactions already pinned to a message to react in the same way," Durov noted.

"While our experiments with privacy-focused ads in public one-to-many channels have been more successful than we expected, I believe that Telegram should be funded primarily by its users, not advertisers. This way our users will always remain our main priority," he concluded.
Published on Jun 10, 2022 (4:21)

Does anyone know how to register on Telegram (standard) without a cell phone?
It's not possible. I just bought a cheap throw-away SIM card from a foreign (I'm from Poland) operator like T-Mobile Czech, that doesn't enforce registrations with ID card. Also used that one for other services, like Google, etc.

If you want to avoid exposing your real phone number and you live outside United States then you can buy virtual number that is not tied to any SIM card and use it instead of real phone, but those numbers aren't cheap.

Avoiding having to use phone at all would require a lot of knowledge about android emulation and it is probably against Terms of Service.

If you want to avoid exposing your real phone number and you live outside United States then you can buy virtual number that is not tied to any SIM card and use it instead of real phone, but those numbers aren't cheap.

Avoiding having to use phone at all would require a lot of knowledge about android emulation and it is probably against Terms of Service.
From what I remember, they did some changes to the registration that crippled even the open-source version in a way that the application is unable to send SMS with the registration code if it's not their signed version AND installed from the Google Play Store (in the case of Android). This was because of SMS gateway costs I suppose... On the other hand, it makes sense in the context of bot accounts that are plaguing Twitter. A throwaway SIM is the best option IMO, although from the privacy standpoint, your cell operator CAN correlate the throw-away SIM with the device's IMEI number, and by extension, with other SIM cards that you've used on this particular phone on their network.

Back
Top Bottom