Tarot Reading

Great to read everyone's experience with Tarot cards, and I got inspired to check out some of the decks that you have mentioned here.

A decade or so ago I got inspired to buy some decks after reading Ouspensky's Symbolism of the Tarot. He claims they are evidently connected with the Ancient Mysteries and the Egyptian Initiation. He mentions Oswald Wirth, who wrote about pairing off the 22 major arcana cards:

"According to Christian, the twenty-two major arcana of the Tarot represent the hieroglyphic paintings which were found in the spaces between the columns of a gallery which the neophyte was obliged to cross in the Egyptian initiations. There were twelve columns to the north and the same number to the south, that is, eleven symbolical pictures on each side. These pictures were explained to the candidate for initiation in regular order, and they contained the rules and principles for the Initiate. This opinion is confirmed by the correspondence which exists between arcana when they are thus arranged."

In the gallery of the Temple the pictures were arranged in pairs, one opposite another, so that the last picture was opposite the first, the last but one opposite the second, etc. When the cards are so placed we find a highly interesting and deep suggestion. In this way the mind finds the one in the two, and is led from dualism to monism, which is what we might call the unification of the duad. One card explains the other and each pair shows moreover that they can be only mutually explanatory and mean nothing when taken separately.
- Symbolism of the Tarot

I was fascinated with this concept. A friend singer and I as writer made 11 songs about the pairs of the major arcana. We've played around with what the unification of the duad is in the pairs, but mostly it was a fun, creative project to release some stress for us. Perhaps we can share some of that material on the creative side of the forum sometime.

Over a couple of years I've bought some decks and played around with the cards as thinking tool. The way I approach it, or at least try is by associating the cards with a specific action/energy. When I draw them for a question, I see what comes to mind first when thinking of that action/energy. The first thing that comes up is what's apparently top of mind for my question, so I reflect on it.

I'm not too sure about them being a 'divination' tool for me, I've had some cards 'jump out' while shuffling before which immediately pointed at something important for me, but had it been any other card wouldn't I also have an association that would thereby justify its appearance?

I'm not too sure about them being a 'divination' tool for me, I've had some cards 'jump out' while shuffling before which immediately pointed at something important for me, but had it been any other card wouldn't I also have an association that would thereby justify its appearance?

On a 3D or psychological level, I think yes. It's like you already know the answer and you are using the cards as an association to bring forth the answer. There are enough meanings per card, while still being sufficiently distinct, where you can sort of find what you are looking for.

Of course you can go into "pattern recognition run amok" mode and ascribe meaning to everything. But I think if you're in a clear minded state, with the intent of finding answers, and really asking, something else comes into play, be it your Higher Self, you in the "future", or some information field which facilitate the answer.

I just saw this Tarot card reading and sampled it midway through to get some impression of the card reader, Dr. Stephan A. Hoeller, who's in his 70's. I'm impressed enough that I plan to listen to the entire reading so I thought I'd go ahead and share the link.

The information provided about Dr. Hoeller is interesting: "The Ecclesia Gnostica is the oldest public Gnostic sacramental body in the United States. It was organized as the Pre-Nicene Gnostic Catholic Church at first in England and since 1959 in the United States. In the 1970's, the Church he established in America continued its work under the name Ecclesia Gnostica, headed by Regionary Bishop, Rt. Rev. Dr. Stephan A. Hoeller, who was consecrated to that office in 1967. "

just saw this Tarot card reading and sampled it midway through to get some impression of the card reader, Dr. Stephan A. Hoeller, who's in his 70's. I'm impressed enough that I plan to listen to the entire reading so I thought I'd go ahead and share the link.

Only know a 'very' little about this Tarot subject, although have an old pack given to me that sits in a drawer.

Here, at around 20 min. mark, Stephan explained that from the bottom of the deck you pick (at random, although it is explained here that it can be either random or not, including from other types of arcana suites) the first Queen, that then becomes the significator. The significator is used (not always is one picked) to represent the querent (self). In this case, the querent is the USA as self. The card picked was the Queen of Wands.

The covering card. which Hoeller says is one of the major activations of consciousness (he makes mention of all the Tarot readers on Hollywood Boulevard :-P - the lack of true interaction, which is necessary). The third card is called the Trivia card - may have that wrong, which is the Nine (9) of Cups (something about satisfaction and having too much).

See more here:

Crossover to the zodiac had found:
and
  • Aries: The Emperor, The Fool;
  • Taurus: The Hierophant, The Empress (Venus ruled);
  • Gemini: The Lovers, The High Priestess (both showing duality);
  • Cancer: Temperance, The Chariot, The Moon (Planetary Ruler);
  • Leo: Strength;
  • Virgo: The Hermit; secondary: The Maiden in Strength;
  • Libra: Justice; secondary: The Empress (Venus ruled);
  • Scorpio: Death
  • Sagittarius: Judgment, Temperance
  • Capricorn: The Devil
  • Aquarius: The Star, The Hanged Man
  • Pisces: The Moon
The C's where asked:
Q: What do Tarot cards represent?

A: A method for sensitives to tune in with. Or for less psychically endowed persons to "play" with.

Q: Were they carved by the god Thoth on transparent crystal tablets according to principles of sacred geometry?

A: If so, why did Thoth not get a "copyright?":lol:

Q: So, they were not carved on transparent crystal tablets?

A: No.

Q: Did the Atlantean high priests bring them to Egypt?

Q: Did they come from the Druids?

Q: Who invented them?

A: Greek origin, refined in Roman times in France.

Q: Well, I guess that takes care of that! Now, there is a rather desperate couple of letters from a correspondent who writes:

Have not finished, however jumped to the end with the last card drawn, being the Ace of Cubs. Finding or exhibiting renewed benevolence seemed to be an end note (much in the way of Grail analogies unfortunately, and being "refined" as it wa s might be reason) - here is the card map:

1710709788777.png

I just saw this Tarot card reading and sampled it midway through to get some impression of the card reader, Dr. Stephan A. Hoeller, who's in his 70's. I'm impressed enough that I plan to listen to the entire reading so I thought I'd go ahead and share the link.
Thank you for sharing, it was an incredibly beautiful reading.

It aligns well with the Cs recommendation of reading Paul’s letter on love.

People as a whole appear to have had enough of what the current materialistic status quo has to offer, they’re seeking something more. This is a turning point where they could go along different paths to seek “more”. One is potentially the tech AI route, seeking to become God. The other is potentially the path of love, community, filling the cup with that of the spirit not of more stuff, power and experience but the divine.

So I see the rest of the reading as what may be in store for those that choose the second path ending with the Ace of cups which I think lines up well with Pierre’s message of “Glory”.

(Joe) What do you perceive as your future? What's going to happen? What future changes await?

A: (Pierre) Glory is coming for all. That is all I can perceive.

Hoeller’s reference to the Hollywood Boulevard crowd is likely due to his “church”, Ecclesia Gnostica, which he is reverend of, is located in the Hollywood hills. It wouldn’t surprise me if many of those clapping in the background of the podcast were celebrities. I mean his church is 1000 feet from the Hollywood sign and two blocks from the Chateau Marmont. Johnny Depp could walk from his front door to this place in five minutes. Something to consider.😁

Back
Top Bottom