Synchronicity Or What!

Redrock12

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
In about '92 I was attending university in Kamloops BC. One of my electives was Geology. Anyway, I was sitting outside the science building waiting for class to start and having a smoke with another classmate by the name of Jean, who was about my age. We were making small talk, so I happened to ask him where he was from. He said San Diego. I asked him what brought him to Kamloops? He said back in the late sixties he was active in the anti-war movement. One day there was a large demonstration that was turning violent, so the cops really roughed up the demonstrators. Later, Jean was sitting in a bar with a couple of fellow demonstrators licking their wounds. One of them was a former Green Beret and an explosives expert. This guy really hated what was going on in Vietnam and hated the American Government for lying to him about the war.
Anyway, he tells Jean and the other guy that he'll be back in a while. An hour later this guy returns and Jean asked him where he'd been. The guy answered that he blew up the Bank of America building. So Jean went home, packed a few belongings and drove to Kamloops, where he's been ever since. Now I can't verify if what he told me is true, although the B of A was blown up in sometime in that period, and Jean struck me as an honest sort.
Anyway, he then asked me where I was from. I said I was from a little city in southern Saskatchewan by the name of Moose Jaw. "Moose Jaw!" he exclaimed, "I had an affair with a married woman from Moose Jaw while I was living in San Diego." "What was her name?" I asked. "Brenda Tuxford" he replied.
Well, if I wasn't gob-smacked. I used to hang around with her much younger brother, and we attended the same church.
Anyway, synchronicity or what?
FWIW

Hi @Redrock12 . I think many times we tend to see certain details (or we choose the ones we want to see). The main issue is not to confuse synchronicity with coincidence and vice versa. I'm not ruling out either one, but sometimes a coincidence is just that and a synchronicity carries another context. for example, and if I am not mistaken, when there is a synchronous event it is because there is something to learn or even the lesson is that, that sometimes you do not have to learn it and let it go. the universe is quite funny if we can understand jokes.:-D

Hi @Redrock12 . I think many times we tend to see certain details (or we choose the ones we want to see). The main issue is not to confuse synchronicity with coincidence and vice versa. I'm not ruling out either one, but sometimes a coincidence is just that and a synchronicity carries another context. for example, and if I am not mistaken, when there is a synchronous event it is because there is something to learn or even the lesson is that, that sometimes you do not have to learn it and let it go. the universe is quite funny if we can understand jokes.:-D
Maybe synchronicity is the wrong word Dave, but nevertheless it was probably a once-in-a-lifetime event, however one wants to define it.

Back
Top Bottom