Symbolism of Ladybird and Fly

Vladimir

Padawan Learner
Hi everybody,

I would like to share with you some recent experiences. I have some clues for understanding them, but I would like to
also hear more opinions.

1. Ladybird synchronicity - They started coming to me on my window, and I live on 10th floor. What they represent?
Of course, what matters it, what they represent to me. I can connect them with some changes in my interior life, but
I feel and think that there is much more in them. Yes, and most common numbers on them where 9 (95% of them) and 2.

2. Few moths ago, flies and all kind of bugs started to hit my face during bike ride, or while walking on street, after wards I noticed that
flays are around me quite often. After some period of time I started to think something like - are they appearing out of nowhere or?-
Then, I saw, quite obviously, that one fly has appeared from "empty space". Where did she came from? From another dimension which
I created or? And I must notice that firstly, I was sawing just "black spots" going around me. After wards flies came.

-Sorry for the bad English-

Best regards,

Vladimir.

wikipedia for Coccinellidae said:
The name that the insect bears in the various languages of Europe is mythic. In this, as in other cases, the Virgin Mary has supplanted Freyja, the fertility goddess of Norse mythology; so that Freyjuhaena and Frouehenge have been changed into Marienvoglein, which corresponds with Our Lady's Bird. The esteem with which these insects are regarded has roots in ancient beliefs.[5] In Irish, the insect is called bóín Dé — or "God's little cow"; similarly, in Croatian it is called Božja ovčica ("God's little sheep"). In France it is known as bête à bon Dieu, "the Good Lord's animal",[6] and in Russia, Божья коровка ("God's little cow"),[6] while in both Hebrew and Yiddish, it is called "Moshe Rabbenu's little cow" or "Moshe Rabbenu's little horse", apparently an adaptation of the Russian name, or sometimes "Little Messiah".[6]

In parts of Northern Europe, tradition says that one's wish granted if a ladybird lands on oneself (this tradition lives on in North America, where children capture a ladybird, make a wish, and then "blow it away" back home to make the wish come true). In Italy, it is said by some that if a ladybird flies into one's bedroom, it is considered good luck. In central Europe, a ladybird crawling across a girl's hand is thought to mean she will get married within the year. In some cultures they are referred to as lucky bugs (Turkish: uğur böceği).

In Russia, a popular children's rhyme exists with a call to fly to the sky and bring back bread; similarly, in Denmark a ladybird, called a mariehøne ("Mary's hen"), is asked by children to fly to 'our lord in heaven and ask for fairer weather in the morning'.

In Greece, ladybirds are called πασχαλίτσα (paschalitsa), because they are found abundantly in Eastertime, along with paschalia, the Common Lilac plant, which flowers at the same time.

In Malta, the ladybird is called nannakola, and until a few years ago little children sang: Nannakola, mur l-iskola/Aqbad siġġu u ibda ogħla (Ladybird go to school, get a chair and start jumping).

In Finnish, ladybird is called leppäkerttu, translating to blood-Gertrud, which refers to the red color. An alternative name is leppäpirkko. These differ by the female name at the end (Pirkko refers to Bridget).

Before looking for symbology have you checked if there is any exceptionnal weather pattern or any in your area that could induce an exceptionnal number of ladybirds and flies?

Hi, thanks on the replay.

I have already checked wiki.

Flies are not connected with weather. Few times I saw them appear out of nowhere, I mean literally, from empty space. And moreover, I have moved recently in another country. For ladybirds, I'm also pretty sure that they are coming as synchronicity connected with my inner world. I feel that. For example, they come on my
window only if I'm there.

Thanks once again,

Hi Vladimir, my guess is that the ladybirds represent women. You say they started "coming to me". Have you felt that certain changes in your mood or outlook on life have made you more attractive to women lately? Do the numbers 9 and 2 have any particular meaning to you? Do you ever rate women on a scale of 1 to 10?

salo99 said:
Hi Vladimir, my guess is that the ladybirds represent women. You say they started "coming to me". Have you felt that certain changes in your mood or outlook on life have made you more attractive to women lately? Do the numbers 9 and 2 have any particular meaning to you? Do you ever rate women on a scale of 1 to 10?

Fascinating - three out of your first four posts relate directly to sex, in a rather base way.  So, what is going on here, salo99 and could you, perhaps, share with us how you found this forum?

salo99 said:

No, I don't rate them. And they are not "coming to me" in any way as you suggest.

Thank you on answering... Too much of Freud's books. ;D

Vladimir said:
Hi everybody,

I would like to share with you some recent experiences. I have some clues for understanding them, but I would like to
also hear more opinions.

1. Ladybird synchronicity - They started coming to me on my window, and I live on 10th floor. What they represent?
Of course, what matters it, what they represent to me. I can connect them with some changes in my interior life, but
I feel and think that there is much more in them. Yes, and most common numbers on them where 9 (95% of them) and 2.

2. Few moths ago, flies and all kind of bugs started to hit my face during bike ride, or while walking on street, after wards I noticed that
flays are around me quite often. After some period of time I started to think something like - are they appearing out of nowhere or?-
Then, I saw, quite obviously, that one fly has appeared from "empty space". Where did she came from? From another dimension which
I created or? And I must notice that firstly, I was sawing just "black spots" going around me. After wards flies came.

-Sorry for the bad English-

Best regards,

Vladimir.
Hi Vladimir,
One thing I vividly remember from my childhood is lady birds coming to my window too. I wouldn't say it symbolises anything, lady birds are poor fliers and they get caught in the wind. maybe your window is positioned in such way that it is in the way of the wind. But that's just me -
I don't believe that we should look for hidden meanings and symbols in these things.

In Balkan culture ladybird indeed symbolizes opposite sex and the saying is if lady bird decides to fly off from your finger , your spouse will come from the direction she flew towards, if it doesn't fly off from your finger then you will remain unmarried.
Very silly indeed.

Your remark about the flys also sounds very strange. Obviously few months ago it was summer, and when you ride on the bike insects do tend to hit your face, especially in the countryside. i cannot see anything special in it.

I know exactly what you mean but I am pretty much sure that fly didnt come out of nowhere. I ve seen it couple of times they are such marvelous fliers that they seem to be appearing out of nowhere.

This is just my 5 cents.
Btw just for fun, there is some symbolism in all this.
Lady Birds who are poor fliers and flys who are excellent fliers. See if this means anything to you.

Stormy Knight said:
Hi Vladimir,
One thing I vividly remember from my childhood is lady birds coming to my window too. I wouldn't say it symbolises anything, lady birds are poor fliers and they get caught in the wind. maybe your window is positioned in such way that it is in the way of the wind. But that's just me -
I don't believe that we should look for hidden meanings and symbols in these things.

In Balkan culture ladybird indeed symbolizes opposite sex and the saying is if lady bird decides to fly off from your finger , your spouse will come from the direction she flew towards, if it doesn't fly off from your finger then you will remain unmarried.
Very silly indeed.

Your remark about the flys also sounds very strange. Obviously few months ago it was summer, and when you ride on the bike insects do tend to hit your face, especially in the countryside. i cannot see anything special in it.

I know exactly what you mean but I am pretty much sure that fly didnt come out of nowhere. I ve seen it couple of times they are such marvelous fliers that they seem to be appearing out of nowhere.

This is just my 5 cents.
Btw just for fun, there is some symbolism in all this.
Lady Birds who are poor fliers and flys who are excellent fliers. See if this means anything to you.

Hi Stormy Knight,

Polarity is always significant. Nice view.
I'm from Balkan (Croatia), and they are always connected with something "positive", after all, it is called Božja ovčica,
("God's little sheep").
---
About flies, I know when fly just "buzzing" around, but this was, literally - fly from empty space- appearing and disappearing-
and they sometimes aviate in "slow-motion", if you compare it with regular flies.
---
I often contemplate about what I should learn from it, but I have a feeling that I'm missing the key thing.
Even though, the meaning of synchronicity often comes spontaneously after some time.
---
And, from my experiences, I often have synchronicity "feedback" when I'm going threw hard time connected with
changes occurring inside myself.
---
Thank you on your answer,
Regards

Back
Top Bottom