Strange synchronicity

krevency

A Disturbance in the Force
I just read Mothman Prophecies for the second time. I finished it yesterday.

I generally don't answer the phone, because it's usually for my roommate. It just rang, though, within the last hour, and I did answer, because of the number on the caller ID. At first I thought it was my number, but then I saw that, the last number, instead of being a 6, was an 8. This brought to mind when John Keel realized that someone had set up a phone number like his, with only the last number changed, where some of his calls were forwarded, and other strange things were going on.

So I answered, and I got music. It sounded kind of like Enya. Because of the strange number, I listened for about thirty seconds, until a woman picked up, mumbled something in Spanish, and hung up. I called back and got a voicemail. I didn't leave a message.

White Pages says it's a legit number, belonging to someone a few miles from here, but I just thought it was strange, and a tiny bit creepy, so I thought I would share.

Hi krevency,

Welcome to the forum. :) We recommend all new members to post an introduction in the Newbies section telling us a bit about themselves, and how they found their way here. Have a read through that section to get an idea of how others have done it. Thanks.

krevency said:
I just read Mothman Prophecies for the second time. I finished it yesterday.

I generally don't answer the phone, because it's usually for my roommate. It just rang, though, within the last hour, and I did answer, because of the number on the caller ID. At first I thought it was my number, but then I saw that, the last number, instead of being a 6, was an 8. This brought to mind when John Keel realized that someone had set up a phone number like his, with only the last number changed, where some of his calls were forwarded, and other strange things were going on.

So I answered, and I got music. It sounded kind of like Enya. Because of the strange number, I listened for about thirty seconds, until a woman picked up, mumbled something in Spanish, and hung up. I called back and got a voicemail. I didn't leave a message.

White Pages says it's a legit number, belonging to someone a few miles from here, but I just thought it was strange, and a tiny bit creepy, so I thought I would share.

I'd have been a little creeped out by that too, especially after reading Mothman again. But then I'd just assume it was a coincidence and not assign much significance to it. If it happens again, you have more to go on. Basically, I wouldn't go looking for high strangeness! :scared:

Made note of a couple of links from Session 22 March 2014 here in this link :

Approaching Infinity said:
Re: Flight 370, here are what I consider two very relevant articles by John Keel, with these quotes in mind:

A: There is likely to be a bit of interdimensional blackmail going on.

A: Being in another time/space "space" is not out of reach of electronic signals, plus there is the time anomaly.

First: "Are UFOs Blackmailing Earth"

http://www.scribd.com/doc/24395037/Are-Extraterrestrials-Blackmailing-Earth-by-John-A-Keel

Second: "Mysterious Voices From Space" (adapted in chapter 14 of Our Haunted Planet)

http://www.scribd.com/doc/20300713/Mysterious-Voices-From-Space-by-John-A-Keel

In the first, he discusses his blackmail theory, tracing the UFO phenomena from the '40s to the 70s (major overflights, outmaneuvering, buzzing atomic sites, cattle mutilations, human mutilations, abductions) and its interaction with world power structures. In the second, possible EM signals from 'others' that can be picked up with radio technology.

Had a chance to read both of these today, and in the "Mysterious Voices From Space" article by Keel, was reminded of something from childhood - nothing substantial, just something that synchronized with his discussion concerning Ham radios and other vocalized or weird sounds people hear from sound boxes - perhaps from the VLF/VHF range of frequencies discussed.

The only thing that I can remember personally was as a child, perhaps age 4 - 6; not sure. The time period was early to mid sixties. What was recalled was awaking suddenly in the middle of the night - somewhat scared. Leaving my bedroom, recalled walking down the hall and crawling into bed between my parents. This eased whatever fear had awoken me as I lay quietly between my sleeping parents. On my dads night table there was an old radio, an early version of a clock radio. Suddenly the radio started to sound-out and this further surprised me as my parents remained asleep. What came out of the radio was a repetition of single syllable words, something like 4 or 5 of them in repeating sequence. The words were guttural, foreign, yet almost chant like, not unpleasant, yet slightly upsetting at the same time. My apprehension heightened during this, and then the sounds ended after what seemed like 20 minutes - not exactly sure how long, yet not a short period. I feel asleep thereafter.

It is funny how memories can be triggered, and in this case, Keel did so with his radio frequency discussion. The article is highly interesting; which enters into some of his books here and there, too. He presents some case studies, along with timelines/places/people where these anomalies were much in evidence - and not by just a few, some were very knowledgeable.

Anyway, just sharing that early memory as it relates somewhat to what was read here.

voyageur said:
...On my dads night table there was an old radio, an early version of a clock radio. Suddenly the radio started to sound-out and this further surprised me as my parents remained asleep. What came out of the radio was a repetition of single syllable words, something like 4 or 5 of them in repeating sequence. The words were guttural, foreign, yet almost chant like, not unpleasant, yet slightly upsetting at the same time...

This might have been what is termed "Raudive Voices". cf. the wiki at _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konstantīns_Raudive
A search of the forum also turns up the subject as a passing mention in a couple of places.

Basically his technique involves tuning a (non-digital) radio to a place on the band between stations and leaving a recorder running to catch whatever sounds are produced. When I saw a demonstration of it, a tape recorder was left running overnight, by the morning it had recorded short bursts of what sounded like speeded-up speech in a foreign language.

I was thinking of mentioning this effect in regard to the ringing phones of the lost passengers of flight MH370, or maybe as a response to the C's suggestion of bleed through that was made in the May 22nd session:

Laura said:
(L) ...Oh, I want to ask about the phones. How come the phones were still ringing three days after the plane was missing?
A: Being in another time/space "space" is not out of reach of electronic signals, plus there is the time anomaly.

I decided it was probably not anything anybody did not already know and it was literally and metaphorically too much noise for those threads.

panca kanga said:
This might have been what is termed "Raudive Voices". cf. the wiki at _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konstantīns_Raudive
A search of the forum also turns up the subject as a passing mention in a couple of places.

Interesting link and person: "What is inaudible becomes audible”

Seems like a couple of books worth reading here - thank you.

Back
Top Bottom