Strange beeping in car

candasiri

Jedi Master
I have 2019 Subaru Impreza. I've noticed that it will randomly beep, like the car is being tracked. It could very well be my phone because it occurs when the bluetooth is on. A little freaky when I passed military helicopters flying and the beeping started. Has anyone in the states or elsewhere noticed this?

On a Mundane causes front, google search gives me this.

Problem: Random Beeping Sound while Driving
I had the same issue with random beeps. I went to NAV setting and turned off each and every alert I did not want. In fact, I think I turned off almost all of them. Some alerts were absurd. IIRC these included alerts such as approaching curve, slow traffic ahead, etc. But on California freeways, those two situations are near constant. Thus I turned off as many alerts as possible. Now I drive in relative peace and quiet without all those annoying beeps.

There could be many reasons including the manufacturer issues. Search and see what fits the condition.

There could be many reasons including the manufacturer issues. Search and see what fits the condition.

Yup, and briefly found on a drivers forum relating to the LKAS system, which may or may not be the case:

I misspoke...the Subaru Impreza hatchback I drive is the vehicle that subtly beeps when eyesight is activated as I get close to the lines. It's a default in that system.

I happened to drive the Clarity this afternoon and I get a subtle beep while in ACC mode which I use a lot. The subtle beep seems to occur when the system first detects an object in front of you from a distance of about 75 feet. I have the system set to one bar.

I tested this tonight by switching lanes to one with no one ahead of me...then back to other lane with a car X feet ahead of me. The subtle beep occurred Everytime the car went from nothing it could detect to one subtle beep when it noticed the object ~75 feet ahead.

I apologize for the mix-up. I drive 4 vehicles each with it's own safety sense systems.

Back
Top Bottom