Unusual behaviour in animals, and our pets

MusicMan said:
lainey said:
MusicMan said:
lainey said:
It would be great to see the picture!

Hi Lainey, I plugged the fone into the computer, but for the life of me that's as far as it got!
I'll have to wait until my (very smart) daughter is available, I'm sure she will figure it out.
I can't help it if I was born in the forties.. I don't even use a smart fone. Every one else seems to have one.
Patience.
Oh I see! I wouldn't have a clue how to do it without a smart phone either! Good things come to those who wait. :)

Lainey, I got my youngest son to show my wife how to use email on her smart phone: the one she took the pictures with, and she emailed the pics to me.
So now I have to work out how to attach them to this message. How excitement!
Awww cute! It must have been a pet to be so fearless, it's nice to put a face to your avatar as well :)

It looks as if the bird is posing for the picture too. Very strange indeed.

:huh:

But a very nice experience it must have been!

Ciro124 said:
It looks as if the bird is posing for the picture too. Very strange indeed.

:huh:

But a very nice experience it must have been!

It was extremely friendly.
I have a few other photos I can post, as soon as I find a way of making them small enough to attach.

I'm not sure whether this is strange but i began following the story yesterday and this is the current version.

A dog owner of 23 years old had an 'epileptic 'fit', the dog attacked his face and neck and the man died on the scene.

Initially they said it was his dog, then his girlfriends, then his.

Other details which may be relevant are the type of breed - the reports state it wasn't a banned breed (thought to be violent), even so, thinking of how dogs work in a hierarchy and don't normally turn on their owners for no reason, especially when they're in such a vulnerable state, it seems odd. But since the story is still developing, there may be other factors which caused the dog to react, and maybe not.

Should there be any updates i'll post them here.

Victim of fatal dog attack named
http://www.lep.co.uk/news/victim-of-fatal-dog-attack-named-1-7652538
Liam Hewitson

By Brian Ellis
brian.ellis@jpress.co.uk
12:22Saturday 02 January 2016 19:02Friday 01 January 2016

Police investigating what caused a dog to kill its 22-year-old owner in Preston say the incident was a “tragic accident.”

The man, named today as Liam Hewitson, suffered serious injuries to his face and neck at a house in Dundonald Street yesterday and was pronounced dead at the scene despite attempts by paramedics to save him.

Officers were at the terraced property off New Hall Lane until late last night. And family, friends and neighbours laid floral tributes and lit candles in the street outside.

Police have revealed Liam was suffering from an epileptic fit when the dog attacked him.

His family have released a statement saying: “Liam was a happy lad who was always smiling and had lots of friends.

“He had a beautiful personality and he will be missed by his dad Phil, girlfriend Jess and sisters Melissa and Aleisha and brother Cordell.

“The family have asked to be given some privacy as they have been through a truly horrific experience and they are all still very much in shock.”

Ambulance staff called to the house at around 3.45pm on New Year’s Day after reports of a serious dog attack alerted police and the animal was taken away by handlers before being put down by a vet.

Officers have so far not identified what sort of dog it was, although friends on social media insisted the pet, named Tiger, was not a banned breed.

DI Jane Webb said last night: “This is a tragic incident in which a man has sadly died.

“Enquiries are ongoing to establish the exact circumstances and my thoughts very much remain with his family who are being supported by specially-trained officers at this time.”

But this afternoon a police spokesman said they were treating the incident as “a tragic accident and there is no criminal investigation. A file will be passed to the coroner in due course.”

itellsya said:
Officers have so far not identified what sort of dog it was, although friends on social media insisted the pet, named Tiger, was not a banned breed.

For some reason the above made me think about what the C's said about some animals becoming possessed. Also reminded me about the Russian idiom: A ship will sail the way you name it.

Unfortunately, the chances are that the reason is probably rather prosaic, as the dog probably got really scared and attacked. Especially since the view of people in an epileptic fit can be really disturbing and maybe threatening to a dog.

Keit said:
itellsya said:

For some reason the above made me think about what the C's said about some animals becoming possessed. Also reminded me about the Russian idiom: A ship will sail the way you name it.

Unfortunately, the chances are that the reason is probably rather prosaic, as the dog probably got really scared and attacked. Especially since the view of people in an epileptic fit can be really disturbing and maybe threatening to a dog.

I had thought that as a possibility but then considered that it wouldn't look so threatening to the dog since he probably wasn't lashing out at it directly - me thinking that he's convulsing - but then maybe it looked like that to the dog. Or perhaps he experienced spasms and did lash out without meaning to.

Taken as a whole, and like you say regarding the Russian idiom (and i quite agree), it may be that the dog was brought up to be rather 'protective'/aggressive, which wouldn't be out of sorts for the area (but i am making assumptions here) and in turn, when the situation became chaotic, the dog behaved in the only way it knew. As they say in the article, it could just be a tragedy and the fact that the dog killed him was because it may have been naturally strong, and also because the man could put up no defence at all.

Still find it odd that it could go so far but that's part of the reason i posted; I’m not experienced in any of the above. Thanks Keit.

I stumbled upon the following news item today:

Tied in heat all day, angry camel severs owner’s head

Left in the heat with its legs tied all day, a camel attacked its owner and severed his head in anger in Rajasthan's Barmer district on Saturday. About 25 villagers struggled for 6 hours to calm the animal down.

Urjaram of Mangta village was entertaining guests at his house on Saturday night when he suddenly realised that his camel had been out in the heat all day with its legs tied. He was attacked when he tried to untie the annoyed animal.

"The animal lifted him by the neck and threw him on to the ground, chewed the body and severed the head," villager Thakara Ram said. Villagers revealed that the camel had attacked Urjaram in the past as well.

Areas in Rajasthan are witnessing some of the highest mercury levels in the country. Jawans patrolling the border with Pakistan, too, are facing a tough time dealing with camels in this heat. Recently, a camel attempted to get a jawan off its back while rushing to the shade.

Well, it seems like another example of animals fighting back. But then, this comment about "highest mercury levels in the country" was also interesting.

But then I took a look at other news items on the same site. Seems like unstable behavior (both animal and human) becomes a norm, at least in India. But probably elsewhere as well. High heat could contribute to it as well.

Man jumps into lions' cage for a handshake

Two staff at the lions' enclosure rushed to the rescue of the youth identified as Mukesh Kumar of Rajasthan. They pulled him out even as he was trying to go close to the lions to "kiss" them and shake hands with them. Mukesh was handed over to the Bahadurpura police who are questioning him.

A zoo official said Mukesh claimed to be a worker in the construction major Larsen and Toubro in Rajasthan. "His mental condition seems to be normal but, he told us that he wanted to shake hands with the lion," the official said.

Man climbs high tension electric pole in Firozabad, disrupts power supply in 3 UP districts

Power supply in three districts of Uttar Pradesh - Etawah, Etah and Mainpuri - was partially disrupted for almost six hours on Monday morning, when an allegedly frustrated man climbed an electric pole in Firozabad district, after his wife deserted him following a family dispute...

Sudhir Mishra, a local who was eyewitness of the event, said, "In the soaring 45 degree of hot temperature, the man demanded police search his wife or threatened to jump from the pole. When the electricity department cut the power supply of the high tension wire to ensure that he is not electrocuted, the man went up higher several feet, almost touching the wires."

Never forget this one. Especially in this day and age. I can only imagine that if this Technology has the capacity to drive people to subhuman activity, it surely can have the same effects on animals.

Session 24 September 2001
Q: (L) Are we going to have more terrorist attacks in the US? They already said no, but that's because we already know it wasn't terrorist. Are we going to have more violence in the US that may not be as a results of terrorists?
A: Yes.
Q:(L) Can you designate any of the areas where this violence may occur in the near future?
A: Indianapolis.
Q: (A) What is that? (L) Indianapolis is a city in Indiana. Well that's something that has never been mentioned. What kind of violence?
A: Hit by focusing beam of the HAARP array.
Q: (L) Well that's weird. (A) By mistake? An accident?
A: No.
Q: (L) What will be the outcome of Indianapolis being hit by this focusing beam of the HAARP array?
A: Mind controlled violence.

HAARP:
Barbara J. Andrews
http://www.thedogplace.org/Writers/Andrews-Barbara.htm
Journalist, publisher, owner, handler, breeder
http://www.thedogplace.org/HEALTH/EMF-Playing-HAARP-1311.asp
By the end of 2013 there dozen of such facilities world-wide and savvy animal owners, vets and holistic physicians are even more concerned. See instant information ii EMF Exposure Symptoms. Elector Magnetic Frequency's can play havoc with the brain waves of all living creatures, interfering with navigation, health, and behavior. Science reports o EMF effects discuss mood and mental balance, i.e. "strong EMF reduce serotonin melatonin...such reduction is the cause of violent behavior and suicide in many people...depression, "strongly associated with suicide,...precursor is associated with high EMF exposure.

Certainly something is putting people a serious kink in animal behavior even though globally, they say share very little in terms of environment, food, or other influences. {1}
Article also includes:
Evidence of EMF brain Signal Interference (Increased Violet animal behavior)
Magnetic Frequencies In Your Home
{1} I don't totally agree with that assessment as we all have become aware of how our diet effects our mental stability and instability. I would think the same goes for pets.

Typical EMF Pet exposures (that may) instigate mental imbalances:
Cell phone
WIFI
Proximity to Cell Phone Towers
In house portable phones
Unground home appliances
High carb diet pet food
inadequate amount of exercise

Also thought this PDF was interesting given the mention of an aura that is emitted during clinical test under laboratory research.
Wounder if an attack could be triggered (given a dogs history of breeding, care, diet), could possibly instigate a fearful response to an unhealthy aura during a fit.

Low-frequency Electric Cortical Stimulation Has an Inhibitory
Effect on Epileptic Focus in Mesial Temporal Lobe Epilepsy

https://huguenardlab.stanford.edu/205/stim-low.pdf
Summary: Purpose: This study was conducted to investigate
the effect of low-frequency electric cortical stimulation on epi-
leptic focus in humans.
Methods:
Code:
We stimulated the epileptic focus in a patient with
medically intractable mesial temporal lobe epilepsy (MTLE) by
means of subdural electrodes and evaluated the change in the
number of interictal epileptiform discharges. We used biphasic
electric  current  of  0.3-ms  duration  presented  at  0.9-Hz  fre-
quency for 250 s, comparing stimulus intensity of 7.5, 2, and
0.5 mA.
[b]Results:[/b]
Interictal epileptiform discharges at the ictal focus
occurred less frequently after the stimulation with the intensity
of 0.5 mA. With the intensity of 7.5 mA and 2.0 mA, [b]however,
habitual  auras  were  elicited  by  the  stimulation,  and  afterdis-
charges were seen on the cortical EEG.[/b]
Conclusions:
Code:
Low-frequency, low-intensity electric cortical
stimulation could produce inhibitory effects on epileptic activ-
ity. At the same time, however, a caution for possible induction
of EEG seizures is needed, even when applying low-frequency
electric stimulation.
[b]Key Words:[/b]
Low-frequency electric cor-
tical  stimulation—Subdural  electrode—Intractable  epilepsy—
Interictal epileptiform discharge—Inhibitory effects.

Ok I am out of my league here, so just some food for thought :)

The following video was shown on Russian TV today. Apparently a roe deer for some reason tried to enter a school building N81 located in Samara, Russia. One article mentions that earlier this roe deer was spotted in the area with another adult deer and a baby deer (kid), so possibly she (If it is a she. As far as I know, only males have antlers?) thought that maybe her baby is inside the building?

But what is also curious, that on the next day, in the city something like 400 km from Samara, another roe deer was spotted on the premises of a local school N41. The animal was taken by authorities back to the forest. Maybe they just want to learn! :)

https://youtu.be/k3AiU1a9Yi4

Altair said:
What are these dogs actually doing?

https://youtu.be/xCMaHMqyLLM

My strong guess is that this pack of wild dogs "in turkey" were trying to catch a marten (or another creature like that), that was inside of the car. Martens like the rubber parts in the car engine area (and other parts of the car) and can be found frequently in there.

Our family had experiences with those martens in cars as well.

See:

https://youtu.be/X5D2Il3mOH0

Pashalis said:
Altair said:
What are these dogs actually doing?

https://youtu.be/xCMaHMqyLLM

My strong guess is that this pack of wild dogs "in turkey" were trying to catch a marten (or another creature like that), that was inside of the car. Martens like the rubber parts in the car engine area (and other parts of the car) and can be found frequently in there.

That was also my first guess. It looked like they were trying to get to something inside the car and if I've seen it correctly, there's one moment in the video where it looks like there are eyes reflecting back, indicating there's indeed another animal inside the engine area.

Fwiw, regarding the newest session this little snippet may also give a clue why some animals behave just strange or attack humans:

Laura said:
Q: (L) That's entirely possible. In fact, I think that's what we see a lot in those stories we put on SOTT. All these different dogs that are attacking people. They get entities… attachments. And something is making them more susceptible.

(Galatea) Or animals in zoos that turn on their caretakers.

A: Yes. We warned of this.

Q: (L) So if you're gonna have a dog, it's best to have one that has instincts that are very strongly pro-human to begin with in order to put a layer of protection between you and the possibility of an entity attack through an animal?

A: Yes

Back
Top Bottom