Star Wars

celtic

Jedi Master
If you pay close attention to the plot of good and evil on star wars you can see that it is very similar to the cassiopaean saying of good and
evil.

Anakin sky walker starts out as a jedi STO and through the course of his life he had hate and anger which brung confusion via lack of
knowledge and understanding. And he was afraid and most importantly afraid of death death of others. So he starts to get unconscious
visions of him losing others and the first person being his mom then his wife(Lizards control and infleunce on the mind).

And him having trouble of letting go he decides that he can take it upon himself one day and stop death. But him thinking this Lord Sith you
could say STS lizzies took advantage of this. He confused Anakin mind even more and told him that the power of the dark side can prevent
death and have other capabilities STS(the fall from STO to STS because of desire and possession). He was also taught by Sith to believe that
the Jedi's was not on his side but againts him so he had lack of trust.

So Anakin choosing this path became lord Darth Vader and know belongs to the dark side instead of staying a Jedi and serving others he
thought only of himself and served self by desire.

I know a lot of movies has similar plots but this is the only movie I seen which comes so close to the interpretation of Light and Dark that the
Cassiopaeans has explaind to us. Maybe the people who make these types of movies knows very well about what is going on in this reality.

The first trilogy of star wars (4 5 6) is based upon "the Hero with one thousand faces" by Joseph Campbell (struggle with self etc.).
The second trilogy (1 2 3) appeared to me as more political (when Anakin Skywalker told Obiwan "you are with me or against me (black and white thinking)") someone in the movie theater said "ohhh, like Bush!" and we all started to laugh :)

The first trilogy of star wars (4 5 6) is based upon "the Hero with one thousand faces" by Joseph Campbell (struggle with self etc.).
The second trilogy (1 2 3) appeared to me as more political (when Anakin Skywalker told Obiwan "you are with me or against me (black and white thinking)") someone in the movie theater said "ohhh, like Bush!" and we all started to laugh

I agree it is a lot of political issues throughout the movie especially if you take into account that Sith was the councilor who was more towards
republican talk then democracy. You can think of Bush like Sith confusing the mass by getting us to think that Iraq is the enemy but in reality
it is the Bush gang.

But I never seen (4 5 6) 4 is on now but I am tired of sitting in front of that screen I been sitting in front of it all day watching star wars.

I think I need a break to think

mkrnhr said:
The second trilogy (1 2 3) appeared to me as more political (when Anakin Skywalker told Obiwan "you are with me or against me (black and white thinking)") someone in the movie theater said "ohhh, like Bush!" and we all started to laugh :)

Yes. But what will the third trilogy be about? :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngElkyQ6Rhs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGbxmsDFVnE

So far I like it.

mkrnhr said:

I was just about to mention Campbell while reading this, but you beat me to it. :P Celtic, I love your analysis. Good food for thought. I noticed some of these parallels as well.

:D
The other thing about the second trilogy is that it depicts a failed hero journey (Darth Vader's) or the failed magician in a certain sort, in comparison with Luke's journey in the first trilogy.

George Lucas had also, reportedly, been influenced by the Carlos Castaneda books when he came up with the character of Yoda and the idea of the Force.

I'm a little dubious about the upcoming films as the whole Lucas canon is now a Disney property, (I find it hard to get a read on Disney; they brought us John Carter, for instance, which featured actual 4D STS influence over the villains; not something I'd expect from any film, let alone one produced by the Magic Kingdom), AND because they are directed by the huge torture-apologist, J.J. Abrams.

We'll see. Star Wars, as a series, seems like a battle ground of story-telling influences in terms of population perception management from both STS and STO forces working through Hollywood.

Woodsman said:
George Lucas had also, reportedly, been influenced by the Carlos Castaneda books when he came up with the character of Yoda and the idea of the Force.

I'm a little dubious about the upcoming films as the whole Lucas canon is now a Disney property, (I find it hard to get a read on Disney; they brought us John Carter, for instance, which featured actual 4D STS influence over the villains; not something I'd expect from any film, let alone one produced by the Magic Kingdom), AND because they are directed by the huge torture-apologist, J.J. Abrams.

We'll see. Star Wars, as a series, seems like a battle ground of story-telling influences in terms of population perception management from both STS and STO forces working through Hollywood.

Come to think of this, the current success in worldly affairs of STO forces, here I'm thinking of Putin's succes as opposition to the Empire, might also be an indication that more STO bleed through can happen in Hollywood. That could make for good films and might also help to wake people up but planting the ideas in the collective subconscious, much like the Matrix did

Thor said:
Woodsman said:

Come to think of this, the current success in worldly affairs of STO forces, here I'm thinking of Putin's succes as opposition to the Empire, might also be an indication that more STO bleed through can happen in Hollywood. That could make for good films and might also help to wake people up but planting the ideas in the collective subconscious, much like the Matrix did

"The Phantom Menace" was the tale of 9/11 and the Imperial grab for power via an artificially conflated war, re-packaged as a children's story. It may be the most realistic and insightful film of the bunch, (notwithstanding Jar Jar and Medichlorines and a bunch of other stupid nonsense). It's too bad it wasn't more competently crafted, because it was such an aptly timed film for people to pay attention to.

I don't think Russia was anticipated by Lucas at all; his version of the evil Empire was successful in its bid for total dominion, and it took guerrilla rebel actions and magic-users to defeat it.

In our real world version, the rebels are subverted idiots funded and manipulated by the empire as little more than a public relations tactic used to keep the public subdued and star destroyer factories chugging along.

Although, interestingly, we do appear to have real world 'magic-users' as part of the equation. (That'd be us, btw.) Though exploring and sharing knowledge about psychopaths and low-carb eating isn't quite as dramatic as swinging around a light saber. But our world isn't a children's story. It's a lot more subtle, complex and interesting!

As movies, in my personal opinion the prequel trilogy (episodes I, II, III) is pretty much unwatchable due to poor plotting, weak dialogue, acting and overall clunkiness.

Some people say that Lucas ”lost it” with the prequels. Others point out that he never necessarily ”had it” as a director and writer.

Lucas is of course very good at coming up with stories, ideas and concepts, but as a director and writer he might not be among the greats. There seems to be evidence that he received a lot of help and influence from fellow filmmakers (e.g. Coppola), writers and producers (Gary Kurtz) with the movies he wrote/ directed: THX 1138, American Graffiti and Star Wars (Episode IV). Especially his ex wife Marcia Lucas was instrumental in editing (she was an assistant editor on THX 1138, and the main editor on American Graffiti, Episodes IV, V, VI) and shaping the Star Wars movies into well flowing form.

_http://fd.noneinc.com/secrethistoryofstarwarscom/secrethistoryofstarwars.com/marcialucas.html

With Episode V (The Empire Strikes Back), Lawrence Kasdan and Leigh Brackett wrote the script and Irvin Kershner directed, while having created the overall storyline Lucas himself concentrated on securing financing, etc. Kershner was an actor’s director, so he focused on having good performances from the cast and the top notch script, with good eye from producer Gary Kurtz helped to create a great film, which is still regarded pretty much a timeless masterpiece and best of the Star Wars movies (Episode IV, while being a good movie, shows it’s age in some ways).

People say that Lucas felt his ideas were said ”no” to on too many occasions on episode V, especially by producer Kurtz, so he was sacked and replaced for episode VI (Return of the Jedi). Also instead of Kershner, Richard Marquand was the director. As a whole, there were perhaps more ”yes” men around Lucas, and possibly his more left-handed ideas were not always opposed by the surrounding team. In any case, compared to episode V, episode VI is clearly a worse movie. The part with Luke, Vader and Emperor is great, but much of the other stuff leaves a lot to be desired, in my opinion.

I have understood that with the prequel trilogy, Lucas was writing and directing the movies pretty much however he wanted, without there being much teamwork/ people who would have e.g. discussed and opposed poor dramatic choices. (I remember reading at the time Episode II was being made, how some of the special effects people were becoming unmotivated by the poor quality of the movies, and applied to go to work on the Lord of the Rings -films which were being done at the same time.) Perhaps another example of how networking would be beneficial. ;)

Of course Lucas deserves commendations for creating Star Wars, but I think he made a good decision for only providing the basic story and stepping away from making this upcoming trilogy. Even though Disney finances and distributes the new movies, Lucasfilm (Lucas’s company which is now headed by Kathleen Kennedy, a very level headed and competent producer: she has worked on most of Spielberg’s movies, etc.) and the filmmakers supposedly have a final cut on the movie (Episode VII).

I find it encouraging, that J.J. Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan (writer of Episode V) apparently spent about a year working on the story and the on the script, to make the quality good and have it resonate with the original trilogy. The trailers look promising, here’s hoping the new movie(s) will be good too. :)

mkrnhr said:
The other thing about the second trilogy is that it depicts a failed hero journey (Darth Vader's) or the failed magician in a certain sort, in comparison with Luke's journey in the first trilogy.

Yes again. :)

And with this sequel trilogy they seemed to have merged those two concepts. That black guy seems to be a storm trooper who decided that he doesn't want to be a storm trooper anymore and discovers that he can be a Jedi.

And will that girl be his girlfriend? We will see. Luke didn't had a girlfriend, and Anakin failed with his relationship, so maybe this time we will have two successful "complementary" Jedis? :)

Personally I enjoyed both trilogies so I cannot complain much about prequels.

I think that Disney is a good choice for this movie. I don't expect some amazing script, but we got some very interesting concepts in their recent movies, even though none of them had good scripts (John Carter, Tron Legacy, Tomorrowland). So yeah, I have hopes for this movie(s).

As movies, in my personal opinion the prequel trilogy (episodes I, II, III) is pretty much unwatchable due to poor plotting, weak dialogue, acting and overall clunkiness.

Some people say that Lucas ”lost it” with the prequels. Others point out that he never necessarily ”had it” as a director and writer.

Lucas is of course very good at coming up with stories, ideas and concepts, but as a director and writer he might not be among the greats.

Yes. And I agree that there is a lot of clunkiness in prequels, but I think that there is a lot of that in originals as well. I think that all Star Wars movies are made so that even kids can enjoy them so all dialogues/characters are simplified. Just like Spielberg's Indiana Jones.

But Dark side in prequels had some great characters: Ian McDiarmid as Palpatine and Christopher Lee as Count Dooku. And there were a lot of interesting political themes in prequels but not in originals. So I think both trilogies have their plus and minuses.

mkrnhr said:
:D

Until yesterday, I would have agreed with you, but then I was presented with this theory about Luke and the implications it might have on the next Star Wars movie. For anyone curious, I would suggest don't read unless you want your entire world turned upside down. ;)

_http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rob-conery/luke-skywalker-theory-destroys-everything-star-wars_b_8392698.html

The theory makes sense, and the scene with Vader's mask in the new trailer can be a confirmation of Luke's future role.

I just read another theory claiming that Jar Jar was a Sith Master manipulator running the entire Empire, and the author makes a very convincing case for it.

Proving, I think, that it's possible to "bust wide open" anything anybody wants with enough obsessively applied force.

_https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/3qvj6w/theory_jar_jar_binks_was_a_trained_force_user

-Though, to be fair, I suspect that many stories carry real undercurrents which the creative people who made them were not consciously aware they were weaving into their efforts.

Back
Top Bottom