SRT

There are some triggers, but I find them embarrassing to share online. I just wanted to know if I could trust this guy. Guess I'll have to wait until I can find a therapist. What I'm afraid of is not to find one soon enough.

I think it is important to know, that there is no easy quick fix that helps with one session. And I can understand you, that you are overwhelmed imagining all the information you got already and what is available on the forum. Always, first step first and no rush. Looking for a therapist is a first important step imo: It is concrete and realistic. It may take some time till you get an appointment, but in the time in between you can do further research and as it was suggested looking in the diet section. But also here, take it slowly.

Hang in there and keep us updated, also when it is difficult. And regarding of feeling ashamed, we all did things we are ashamed of, I did it too and a lot in my past. But that's reason I'm here to become a better human being.

I have done that. Thats why I said Ive been trying traditional ways and it seems that doors are being shut.

When you say doors are seemingly being shut when trying traditional ways to help yourself through this, what do you mean exactly? Is it in trying to find a therapist to work with? I didn't really understand what you meant by that.

I've used a Gestalt therapist in the past and he was very helpful, especially in dealing with emotions. It took a few phone calls to experienced therapists and when told them about what I wanted help with, he was recommended by two of them. You may want to look into Gestalt. Here's an overview of their approach: Gestalt Therapy

I agree with others that this SRT fellow was very unprofessional and his ignorance might make the situation worse. Traditional therapy, addressing dietary issues and starting an EE practice would help much more, I think. :-)

Have you been following the Neurofeedback and Healing Developmental Trauma threads?
NeuroFeedback and Electroencephalography
"Healing Developmental Trauma" by L. Heller and A. LaPierre

Here's the deal: if your issues are simply brain chemistry or repressed early trauma, if you engage in SRT, you COULD REALLY get possessed on top of your problems. On the other hand, if you undertake traditional therapy including sometimes taking medication, if you are possessed, the therapy will make the environment so unpleasant that it is likely the entity(ies) will leave; if you are suffering brain chemistry issues or repressed trauma, it will help with that, too.

Bottom line is: SRT, undertaken without due preceding processes, can be EXTREMELY DANGEROUS. Traditional therapy, however, probably won't hurt and will help a lot.

You should definitely read the Neurofeedback thread and consider this, too, as an option in addition to looking after your nutritional state.

Thank you all for your answers.

When you say doors are seemingly being shut when trying traditional ways to help yourself through this, what do you mean exactly? Is it in trying to find a therapist to work with? I didn't really understand what you meant by that.

Yes, the last one I went to looked at me as if I was a lost case and invalidated my experiences. She practically tried to convince me that everything was in my mind. I got so hurt and angry I couldn't shake the feeling for a whole week.

The thing is that I have a health condition that has placed me in embarrassing situations. I've been visiting doctors multiple times this past weeks but they don't find anything in tests so they discard my symptoms as if I have lost my mind. Having this condition has affected me greatly and it is the main reason why I am in the state I am. Curiously, whenever a doctors appointment is close, the symptoms seem to redece, and then they come back. That made me think that maybe it was something more than just a simple illness. That last part can be my mind playing, but not the symptoms, the symptoms I know I have.

The two obvious ways of help available, therapists and doctors, have not been able to help me at all. Now I honestly don't know what to do.

Bottom line is: SRT, undertaken without due preceding processes, can be EXTREMELY DANGEROUS. Traditional therapy, however, probably won't hurt and will help a lot.

I understand. Thanks. I would normally choose traditional therapy over other types of therapies. I do know they are effective, but because of the reasons I explained above I was looking for alternatives. Besides I am suspicious of somebody in my circle who uses spells. I know that person doesn't like me. I sounds silly, but this person proclaims to know very well how to play with people, and let's say there was something "I had" that this person wanted. Again this may be in my mind, but the only thing that I'm certainly sure is that I'm not healthy, and what I desesperatly want is to be healthy again.

I am working on myself the best I can.

the only thing that I'm certainly sure is that I'm not healthy, and what I desesperatly want is to be healthy again.
Hi Statera 15,
This problem has been encountered by many members of this forum and you can find many threads on the research done on the subject of health. It is a process, sometime longer than we wish, but it's better to go on the right direction and get healthier steadily than to be too hasty and encounter unforseen consequences. Health encompasses the body and the mind, and like a plant that grows, it takes time to correct what has been damaged, and to optimise what has to be functionning correctly. Those critters eventually leave of their own, because of our own regained physical/mental/psychic immunity.

Hi Statera 15,
This problem has been encountered by many members of this forum and you can find many threads on the research done on the subject of health. It is a process, sometime longer than we wish, but it's better to go on the right direction and get healthier steadily than to be too hasty and encounter unforseen consequences. Health encompasses the body and the mind, and like a plant that grows, it takes time to correct what has been damaged, and to optimise what has to be functionning correctly. Those critters eventually leave of their own, because of our own regained physical/mental/psychic immunity.

Yes, but this is a situation I have to take care of ASAP.

Yes, but this is a situation I have to take care of ASAP.
Yes, the idea is to start the process as early as possible. Acquiring knowledge and application have to go hand in hand. The threads on diet are a good start, as well as the the recent one on NeuroFeedback. There is always hope, and things to do to ameliorate our condition :)

Yes, the last one I went to looked at me as if I was a lost case and invalidated my experiences. She practically tried to convince me that everything was in my mind. I got so hurt and angry I couldn't shake the feeling for a whole week.

The thing is that I have a health condition that has placed me in embarrassing situations. I've been visiting doctors multiple times this past weeks but they don't find anything in tests so they discard my symptoms as if I have lost my mind. Having this condition has affected me greatly and it is the main reason why I am in the state I am. Curiously, whenever a doctors appointment is close, the symptoms seem to redece, and then they come back. That made me think that maybe it was something more than just a simple illness. That last part can be my mind playing, but not the symptoms, the symptoms I know I have.

The two obvious ways of help available, therapists and doctors, have not been able to help me at all. Now I honestly don't know what to do.
Yes, it's a great problem with most of doctors, because this is what they learned during their training. They are not aware of the psychosomatic field (see When the body says no, Gabor Maté ). Even now, conventional doctors consider some ailments (example: fibromyalgia) as invented thing, something in their head or something like hysteria.
You can see an holistic doctor, or read the health threads, there are precious info (diet, detox, etc), use the search tool, also sott.net .

And don't forget Meg's links, there are of utmost importance:
Have you been following the Neurofeedback and Healing Developmental Trauma threads?
NeuroFeedback and Electroencephalography
"Healing Developmental Trauma" by L. Heller and A. LaPierre

... The two obvious ways of help available, therapists and doctors, have not been able to help me at all. Now I honestly don't know what to do.
Now you have other ways.

Statera 15, you obviously have decided what you want to do and nothing anyone has said here has had the least effect so I suggest you just drop the subject and everybody can save their energy.

Here's the deal: if your issues are simply brain chemistry or repressed early trauma, if you engage in SRT, you COULD REALLY get possessed on top of your problems. On the other hand, if you undertake traditional therapy including sometimes taking medication, if you are possessed, the therapy will make the environment so unpleasant that it is likely the entity(ies) will leave; if you are suffering brain chemistry issues or repressed trauma, it will help with that, too.

You should definitely read the Neurofeedback thread and consider this, too, as an option in addition to looking after your nutritional state.
sorry for bothering Laura, this bit is a little confusing to me, i recall you mentioning about the dissociation state being a vector for spiritual attachment
so in case of chemical induced dissociation(let's say a pure dissociative for the sake simplifying) wouldn't this be counterproductive??

Thank you very much.

Back
Top Bottom