Spirulina

ifrakhaliq

The Force is Strong With This One
http://myscienceacademy.org/2013/01/13/spirulina-explained-heres-what-you-need-to-know-about-this-healing-superfood/

This article suggests that spirulina is not just healthy but miraculous considering its healing powers. I was wondering who takes it and in what form as the article says that its better if you take in pill form.

I cannot stand its taste, but it is a good thing to take if you just started changing your diet. With time, the need for most supplements diminishes, especially by the time you are in ketosis.

Psyche said:
I cannot stand its taste, but it is a good thing to take if you just started changing your diet. With time, the need for most supplements diminishes, especially by the time you are in ketosis.

Yes, I think it worked wonders for me when I first started moving away from the Standard American Diet. I used to have a shake of frozen blueberries, vitamin c, and spirulina every morning for breakfast. It was quite a treat :) But I haven't taken any for about 2 years now, as Psyche mentions. The only thing that really helped stabilize my energy and health was the ketogenic diet.

Hesper said:
Psyche said:

Yes, I think it worked wonders for me when I first started moving away from the Standard American Diet. I used to have a shake of frozen blueberries, vitamin c, and spirulina every morning for breakfast. It was quite a treat :) But I haven't taken any for about 2 years now, as Psyche mentions. The only thing that really helped stabilize my energy and health was the ketogenic diet.

Me, too. I used to take a spirulina shake every morning with some fruits and flaxseed. The shake looked green and tasted very unpleasant that I could not keep drinking it. Since now we know that negative effects of fruits and benefit of staying in ketosis, bone broth looks like the best option to achieve the optimum health.

Bone broth is miraculous food - it is very nutritious, delicious, and you will not get tired of it!

The cooking method and benefits of bone broth is discussed in this thread.
http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,29363.0.html

I take Hawaiian spirulina pacifica. It smells bad (like my turtles' supplemental food), but I don't care.
:)

Hesper said:
Psyche said:

Same here. I used to take it daily (2 tea spoons in powder form, Hawaiian spirulina pacifica) in a similar shake with blueberries as Hesper did (with Hemp protein/seeds, Chlorella, ginger and Maca. I also added at least two- three tablespoons of coconut oil for fat intake). However, as my body is getting more and more used to the ketogenic diet I don't feel the need to drink that shake anymore. I still have it though maybe 2-3 times a week on occasion.

I took spirulina in powder form for about a year, wasn't adding it in shakes because I couldn't stand the taste , instead I diluted it in a small glass on its own and gulped it down as fast as possible keeping my nose closed.
Now I still take it occasionally but I gave in and reverted to tablets.

Yet, I haven't tried the ketogenic diet which from what I understand is a far better and more conclusive solution.
So now, what seems more effective to do as my next goal is to finish reading PBPM and when I've thoroughly understood the mechanics try it properly.

I have just started taking spirulina and chlorella together daily. Why? Because I recently had to undergo a CT scan to look for a potential blood clot (none was found). CT scans give you the equivalent dose of about 100 to 300 chest x-rays(!) Alarmed at this high dosage of radiation I had received (I was not aware it was so high), I researched the best ways to combat the negative effects of ionizing radiation on the body. It turns out that chlorella and spirulina are two of the best sources of antioxidants, which are required to combat the oxidative stress that radiation inflicts upon one's cells. They also contain plenty of minerals. And even though I probably have a low amount of radioactive particles in my body (from general living and ingesting of food produced in our world), spirulina and chlorella are very good at binding to these particles and removing them from your body.

I like spirulina. I love the taste, I don't really know why but I love it. I take spirulina since many years ago. The first time I hear about spirulina was reading a very strange book: Cyberia, by Douglas Rushkoff. It was the first book I read about cyberspace. He named spirulina a smart drug.

We start to take spirulina and it help us specially during the hard winters, in Canada. Now I take spirulina once in a while but surely I should take it more often!

14 Health Benefits of Spirulina Powder​

Story at a glance:
  • Spirulina is a freshwater and saltwater, blue-green algae with powerful health benefits. Often confused with chlorella, the fundamental difference between the two is that spirulina is thousands of years older and does not possess the hard cell wall that makes chlorella closer to a plant than algae
  • Spirulina is a sustainable food source with potential to end world hunger. Unlike most plants, it is able to withstand extreme temperature variations and neglect and still thrive
  • It has been found in studies to successfully treat a wide range of ailments, including arsenic poisoning, Candida overgrowth and allergic rhinitis, and may lower your risk of stroke and cancer
  • The recommended daily dose is typically 3 to 5 grams, taken two or three times a day. Start with a small dose and work your way up to see how your body responds to spirulina
  • This article lists potential adverse reactions to spirulina, and what you can do to alleviate them

Attachments

• spirulina-health-benefits-pdf.pdf
    397.5 KB · Views: 5
Back
Top Bottom