Spidey sense

I haven't told this story to many people, but this looks like the appropriate place to tell this.

It was the year I was living in Nederland. I was down in Belgium for the weekend - I wanted to see Brussells. I took an intercity to the city center, got out, wandered about and had my dinner.

Then I made my way back to the train station to catch a train back to Holland. And I looked at those Belgian timetables, and got completely confused. The most it would tell you was when a train was leaving, if it was long distance, and the next stop it was going to depart for. Great. I wanted to get back to Rotterdam, and this whole mess of info didn't have Rotterdam or even which trains would go to which countries. Everything was local to Belgium. The rest of the world didn't exist.

So I decided to catch the next long distance train headed in the general direction I wanted to go. I got in, and it pulled into the next stop (North Brussells). This is where the wierdness started.

I got this strange feeling that I should get out now. This feeling kept building and building. It got so bad, I got out of the train about 10 seconds before it departed. So there I am, standing on the platform, watching the doors slide shut, and wondering if I was still sane. However, the train reversed course, and I noticed the destination flashing on the monitor above the platform was French-looking.

And then I turned around, and there was a Dutch train on the other side of the platform with its doors open. This same feeling was now gently urging me to get on that train, so I did. And when it pulled out, it was indeed an intercity to Rotterdam.

Sometimes I get that same feeling, but never as strong as it was that day. I'll be driving somewhere unfamiliar, wanting to get to somewhere, and I'll get the sense that I need to turn here, or there. And if I don't listen to that feeling, I usually find myself doing a u-turn to get back to wherever it was I was tring to get to. :P

Does anyone else here get these sorts of impulses?

Hi John,

I had a somewhat similar experience the other day. I got into the car and was heading home through the normal traffic at that time of the day(mid afternoon before peak traffic). I suddendly got this strange feeling that I was going to be involved in an accident.

That made me slow down and be sort of more alert. But the feeling was there all the while. I was self remembering as well as trying to self observed. Well, a few minutes later, as I was approaching a busy traffic intersection. A truck coming from the opposite side of the road made a screeching halt and and as it did so, it started to skid off from it's side off the road and heading to the other side. And there I was on the other side of the road.

And although nothing serious happened, I ended up with lots of questions, like was it the instinctive center that made me be more cautious or the emotional center? And what center generated the feeling in the first place, or is that something completely different? Was that the "master" or "deputy steward" warning me? And what would have happened if I had ignored the feeling and continued on driving normally. Could an accident have resulted?

Questions, questions and more questions.

I John, vulcan, all…
I have had similar experiences to the two stated above. I have often pondered about what this could be a result of. At first I thought of it as being sort of like my 6th sense. But after reading the Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield, I thought it might be more similar to what he describes as intuition. In the book he talks about how people don’t listen to their intuitions as much as they should and that results them in missing the ‘signs’. And now reading Castaneda… it makes me wonder if this sense is a small part of ‘seeing’? So, after reading these two different ideas from the two very different sources, I try and keep my self as aware as I can be at all times, first because that is what is entailed in doing the work, and second because I don’t want to miss the opportunity to use my intuition (or ‘see’) something potentially significant. These are some of my current thoughts on the subject.

cheers,
Nina

Intuition and other 'psi' phenomena are very interesting results of a technique pioneered by T D A Lingo (the 'mountain man' mentioned in the introduction of the Ra material Book 1). A student of his, Neil Slade, now sells books and has a website dedicated to the practice of stimulating the amygdalae of the human brain using guided imagery. This causes increased activity in the frontal lobes, which are vastly underused or 'dormant' (the main reason for the 10% brain use statistic in humans) and seem to be the physical basis of 'paranormal' abilities. There is also much more to them than that, I can tell you, after trying these techniques for over a year now. It seems that self stimulation of the amygdala eventually leads to what Neil terms a 'brain pop' or 'frontal lobes transcendence' which is described by various cultures as Nirvana, Satori, Samadi etc. This is difficult, as the brain demands greater stimulation and creative use to produce the reward function via the amygdalae the more it is used (this 'reward' comes in the form of indescribable, pleasurable effects of varying intensity when one uses the aforementioned imagery techniques - the basic one is to imagine tickling the appropriate part of the brain with a feather).

It was the research of Lingo and Slade which brought me here today. I was happy with the 'consensus' version of reality and materialistic science before I was introduced by friends to the phenomenon of 'cloudbusting' (also covered by Neil), where areas of cloud can be dissipated by focused attention. This is easy and can be done by anyone. 'Of course that doesn't work, how could it?' I said. But it does.

Anyone interested in this amazing research and its remarkable potential for positivity (which does tie in nicely with the idea of DNA activation and increasing brain use found here at Cassiopaea) should check out www.neilslade.com.
At the very least the frontal lobes are a brilliant subject for study as they are essentially the (physical) basis of being human: the origin of creativity and art, empathy, communication, language and advanced abstract concepts etc.

I have also been developing my frontal lobes by "clicking the amygdala forward" as TDA Lingo would put it. I would HIGHLY recommend reading and thinking about some of the findings presented, which are freely given on the website. The online magazine "Viewzone" offers a quick overview of the material and history of the research conducted by TDA Lingo here:

http://www.viewzone.com/amygdala/

As a side note - I read this in the Ra Material only a few days earlier:

Ra - Book III said:
Questioner: Then I will ask this question. Could you tell us the purpose of the frontal lobes of the brain and the conditions necessary for their activation?

Ra: I am Ra. The frontal lobes of the brain will, shall we say, have much more use in fourth density.

The primary mental/emotive condition of this large area of the so-called brain is joy or love in its creative sense. Thus the energies which we have discussed in relationship to the pyramids: all of the healing, the learning, the building, and the energizing are to be found in this area. This is the area tapped by the adept. This is the area which, working through the trunk and root of mind, makes contact with intelligent energy and through this gateway, intelligent infinity.
So you might as well give yourself a head-start and learn to switch on these pretty cool super powers in time for the wave! :D

Happy clicking!

Hehe - one evening after coming home from seeing spiderman 2 i had this intense "i should go for a walk" feeling. Didn't want to, wanted to smoke a blunt with my roommates, but i couldnt shake the walk feeling. So i went for a short walk, about a block or two from getting back to my place i hear this weird "CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK" noise. Didn't know what it was, so i investigated. Turned out some Russian kids who were visiting (lived in DC at the time) had their car battery die and didn't know what to do. So being the helpful local that i am i went back to my place, drove over to where they were and jumped them. I was soooo excited that i had helped someone because of a feeling i had. Can only describe this as elated. But yeah, i've had that feeling off and on, sometimes intense, sometimes mild, but it happened moreso in college, notsomuch lately though.

Thought I'd share a couple of strange things that have occured to family members of mine. Although I have had odd intuitive feelings myself, they are by no means as interesting as those of my mother and grandmother.

During my grandmother's younger years, whenever she would experience an uneasy feeling in her stomach, she would immediately cancel her plans. However, on one occasion the plans could not be cancelled as it was a wedding and two relatives were relying on being picked up along the way. She did her best to ignore her intuition/precognition and they picked up the two relatives without incident. However, on the way to the destination, they got lost and had to pull over to the side of the road to consult a map. While doing so, another motorist appeared over the hill from the other direction, travelling at phenomenal speed, and swerved into the side of my grandparents', scraping the side from front to back. My grandfather, the driver, dived over my grandmother - sitting on the safe side of the car - to protect her, while one of the relatives, a great aunty of mine, who was sitting on the side that was struck, was severely injured and subsequently had to spend several months in hospital recovering. The motorist turned out to be a drunk driver. Since then, no one has ignored her gut feeling - even if it is a wedding.

Also, prior to my birth, my mother was driving behind a ute carrying sheets of glass. Out of nowhere, a voice suggests she should slow down. She slows down, deciding that maybe it is best to stay away from glass, only to watch as the entire load of glass slides off the back and shatters onto the road before her. Had she not have backed off, she would been killed. Not sure, however, if this is the same ability I mentioned above. Perhaps this was her subconsciousness warning her in some fashion? Or something else entirely?

Back
Top Bottom