Spelling & Grammar Checker

Try Libreoffice. It is free, has spell checker and can do more things than you want to do.

Do you really want to share your documents with Microsoft??
In recent months it did happen that people who sent their document into clouds did not get them back.

I carry my files with a USB flash drive (waterproof) on my key ring, so if there are any files I consider with any worth or need later I save them on the stick. I do not really have any important documents, and I don't know if I will make any soon. :-) And I don't really need an Office 365 program either! Also, I have text documents for playlists on YouTube saved as a draft on Gmail to keep track of deleted videos. So, there are always backups for me. But I am not collecting much of any files. I just deleted all files in my cloud, so I have a lot of space now without any files.

However, the cloud is convenient in my opinion when using laptops to download temporary files I have on the desktop, text files or Pdfs for example that automatically get saved to the cloud -to another computer, or if I am reinstalling a laptop and those files can be imported easily.

I am using Windows/Microsoft/Gmail/Google services, it is easier for me to do so. For example, I am logged in to Edge, which is connected to Microsoft and Google, and I don't have to log in to some websites by password, and it is all secured and connected to my phone, which in turn has fingerprint. I also find Bank Identification with QR is easy to use, but I don't think they use them that much yet, but it's on my phone to log into other services like my bank, which I think is the new common way of login into them these days.

What I am saying is that it is easy to use these products and it saves me time. So, I reason that Microsoft Editor has live editing inside Microsoft Edge, so I don't have to open another program and switch between windows. I am not saying these services are perfect and that other programs are wrong. I like Linux too, and other programs come in handy sometimes. This is just how I set up my personal computer that I use most of the time, but not all of the time.

Back
Top Bottom