Sound From TV Connected to PC With No Audio Connection

Muadhib

A Disturbance in the Force
This was so bizarre that I registered to discuss it. I used a 4-pin SVHS cable to connect my sister's laptop to a TV. It worked faultlessly, allowing us to watch media from the Web. The next day, my sister was at work, and her son and I made the same connection, but had no sound. That is when I remembered that the 4-pin cable carried video only. I had to purchase an additional audio cable. So where did the sound come from initially?

A bit of background: my sister is one of those people who can remotely affect electronic devices. I routinely ignore the television switching on when her car pulls into the driveway. Streetlights at times will switch off as she approaches, and back on as she passes them by.

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar. I have heard of remote viewing, but remote listening? A quantum coupling of TV and PC? Any suggestions or links to similar events would be appreciated.

Hi Muadhib,

Welcome to the forum. :) We recommend all new members to post an introduction in the Newbies section telling us a bit about themselves, and how they found their way here. Have a read through that section to get an idea of how others have done it. Thanks.

Muadhib said:
Streetlights at times will switch off as she approaches, and back on as she passes them by.

I've known a couple of people who can do this -- just FYI, after you're back from the Newbies forum that Vulcan59 mentioned above. :)

Back
Top Bottom