Sott - Why does the like button now change to a confirm button?

happyliza

The Living Force
I am confused at the new like button as it does not allow me to like any articles any more. All I get is a confirm word which when I click allows me to share the article. Yet we already have adequate share button.

Also what is the other button for that is beneath the like button. That does not seem to work for me either whatever it is for.

I did check to see that I was logged on so :huh:
Appreciate some guidance so that I can use Sott sharing to the max and add to the numbers liking the articles

While I am at it sometimes I also have the problem where the blue buttons on the second line (ie share etc) don't materialize - even when I do a page refresh. Maybe my new but incredibly slower frustrating laptop!!

happyliza said:
I am confused at the new like button as it does not allow me to like any articles any more. All I get is a confirm word which when I click allows me to share the article. Yet we already have adequate share button.

Also what is the other button for that is beneath the like button. That does not seem to work for me either whatever it is for.

I did check to see that I was logged on so :huh:
Appreciate some guidance so that I can use Sott sharing to the max and add to the numbers liking the articles

While I am at it sometimes I also have the problem where the blue buttons on the second line (ie share etc) don't materialize - even when I do a page refresh. Maybe my new but incredibly slower frustrating laptop!!

I have the same problem about the blue button (share) but because of my English so bad I was unable to explain this problem. :-[

happyliza said:

That seems to be a new FB process where rather than just clicking like and being done, it opens a new window and asks you to confirm. So it's a 2 step process to like rather than 1. If you want to share, you still have to use the share button to the right of the "like" button. The process for that is the same as usual.

happyliza said:

The other "like" button is for a Russian social media site. If you don't have an account there, you can ignore it.

True, I pictured every step just to check what will happend:

As you can see on the picture, and what Joe said, two time for like (second is for confirmations) and even it's shows like it was published on the Facebook, it wasn't.

Attachments

• 1 step.png
    1 step.png
    25.9 KB · Views: 69
  • 2 step.png
    2 step.png
    26 KB · Views: 69
  • 3 step.png
    3 step.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 69
  • 4 step.png
    4 step.png
    105.6 KB · Views: 69
https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/faqs

Why are people seeing a "Confirm" button when they click on my Like button?

There are integrity and spam-prevention safeguards built into social plugins, and this is one of them. If you have been heavily testing a Like button before launching, you may have inadvertently triggered these safeguards. Additionally certain domains on the internet are more likely to contain spam, so will see the confirm step more often.

This confirmation adds one extra step to the Like button process, but once the like has been confirmed separately by a number of users, it will no longer appear, and the regular Like button will only appear.

Ok thanks for the explanations especially the step by step process for people!

I didn't go further to share because I was not sure if it would just automatically post an article without allowing me to make my comment or cut and paste a comment. Nor would it have been of any use for me posting to my Group page as I have to find the group option first in order to select the 'page' name before I can post.

So appreciate the help - luckily we don't have bots posting for us on Sott either - though I am sure reading some of the comments posted we could be forgiven for thinking they are bots!! :zzz: haha.

Like Dakota, I tested this new "Like" procedure - twice - when reading this thread. Neither of the articles I liked showed up in my profile on Facebook either. Though it is confusing since it is suggested that confirmed "Likes" will show up in the profile, it doesn't happen and one can 'like' away (almost) as previously :)

Back
Top Bottom