SOTT removed its link to the Cassiopaea forum?

griffin

Jedi Master
FOTCM Member
The link to this Cassiopaea forum has disappeared from the banner menu at the top of the front page at sott.net today. Although forum members likely have a bookmark for cassiopaea.org, so this change won't prevent anyone from accessing the forum more than momentarily, I'm curious about the decision.

I just noticed as well, and had a moment of slight panic thinking "the forum is gone!!"

fortunately it isn't...

Perhaps it has been removed because of the recent changes regarding France etc for security purposes?

Keyhole said:
Perhaps it has been removed because of the recent changes regarding France etc for security purposes?

That's my thought as well. Not sure of why specifically it was done, but I'm sure the distancing of SOTT from the Cass forum was part of the attempt to increase protection from prosecution.

Coming in a bit late to this conversation, but I just noticed the link missing too. As an SOTT reader that almost never uses the forum, except for a spurt many years ago, I was wondering why it's no longer on the news site? Speculation is one thing and with respect to that I'm wondering what kind of "protection from prosecution" is served by removing the forum link? The forum exists non-the-less, so I'm not sure I understand.

Would love to learn more if there is anyone out there willing to educate.

This forum is primarily associated with the cassiopaea.org website.

Thanks for quick reply! I guess I understand that, but it is also associated with SOTT to a degree as well. After all, we are posting in the "Questions for the SOTT Editors" section of the forum at the moment. Also, the link did exist on the previous version of SOTT (before the latest UI redesign) and I just happen to notice the link missing today. Was just curious as to why SOTT decided to remove it.

Back
Top Bottom