SOTT News Discussion Archival

adam7117

Jedi Council Member
FOTCM Member
Hi,

I'd like to make a suggestion regarding the organisation of SOTT News Discussion posts.
It's fantastic how everyone is getting involved and for this very reason it is increasingly difficult to locate the threads relevant to the posted articles.

At this stage, there are nearly 10 pages of topics to scan through and it's only going to grow larger as the time goes on.

Do you think that creating subfolders named after the general news topics would be helpful (e.g., Our Haunted Planet, Health & Wellness, etc.)? Then it would be much easier to locate the thread of interest.

At some stage it might even be necessary to have folder denoting actual years of the posts - or months.

Also, is it possible to enable sorting of posts based on the available criteria (e.g., date, poster, etc.). This would really make finding threads of interest easier.

What do you think about this idea? I am happy to assist in any way necessary to catalogue and archive the information for easier access.

Adam.

I think it is a helpful idea. Can you suggest the subfolder names and the types of threads that ought to go into them? At some point, we can "get-a-round-tuit".

We could have folders organized according to the main categories....

and maybe a few subfolders for partuclarly important sub topics

Hello,

Yes, exactly - e.g., US News, Around The World, etc.

This will work for a couple of month - probably up to a year. At that stage, it will be necessary to perhaps start archiving the discussions and that can be done on a year and month basis.

A separate section of the board can be devoted solely to archives and the folders would be 2006, 2007 (January, February, etc.) for each of the major topics in the discussion forum.

Back
Top Bottom