SOTT monthly Earth Changes Summary video translations

Subtitle line 47 is: "Record-breaking winds shake the ground, send debris flying in Ontario - 16 Nov"
Watching the video at this very moment - 12:45 - makes me think the subtitle could not match with it. We do not see any debris flying, just waves from big lake, sea or ocean smashing walls by daytime and water around trees by nighttime. Could it be possible then that video event - at 12:45 - is a part of the previous subtitle, line 46: "Heavy rains trigger deadly landslide in Antioquia, Colombia - 4 killed, 7 missing - 16 Nov"? Part of Antioquia Department have borders with the Caribbean Sea...

I know that Ontario have borders with the Great Lakes that can act like sea with big waves as shown in the video, but then where are the debris?

And as I did not finished yet the subtitles IT, could this line 47 matches with a further event? I carry on anyway...

Subtitle line 47 is: "Record-breaking winds shake the ground, send debris flying in Ontario - 16 Nov"
Watching the video at this very moment - 12:45 - makes me think the subtitle could not match with it. We do not see any debris flying, just waves from big lake, sea or ocean smashing walls by daytime and water around trees by nighttime. Could it be possible then that video event - at 12:45 - is a part of the previous subtitle, line 46: "Heavy rains trigger deadly landslide in Antioquia, Colombia - 4 killed, 7 missing - 16 Nov"? Part of Antioquia Department have borders with the Caribbean Sea...

I know that Ontario have borders with the Great Lakes that can act like sea with big waves as shown in the video, but then where are the debris?

And as I did not finished yet the subtitles IT, could this line 47 matches with a further event? I carry on anyway...

Unless the above question has to be answered, French IT and PR are done and the Focus is ready for publishing.

And as usual, many thanks to all chroniclers and techies involved in this new summary. :thup:

I think it is okay, but the video doesn't show the debris.

One thing I noticed/wondered about: In line 39 of the subtitle sheet it says "Philippines pummeled by new storm - Dozens killed, 350,000 evacuated, and 3.8 million households without power in Manila - 12 Nov". Whereas the Focus tells us about 1,9 million households for the metropol region and neighboring areas. According to Wikipedia, the number of residents for Manila is about 1,8 million. Thus I put the number from the Focus into the respective line for the German translation for now.

Another wild installment to round up the end of the year! Again, big thanks to everyone taking part in making these monthly summaries and supporting us on the translating end.

Czech IT is done, over to @anka for PR :thup:

One thing I noticed/wondered about: In line 39 of the subtitle sheet it says "Philippines pummeled by new storm - Dozens killed, 350,000 evacuated, and 3.8 million households without power in Manila - 12 Nov". Whereas the Focus tells us about 1,9 million households for the metropol region and neighboring areas. According to Wikipedia, the number of residents for Manila is about 1,8 million. Thus I put the number from the Focus into the respective line for the German translation for now.
I missed this one, as it did not ring a bell at all while translating. :rolleyes:

It's not a mistake by the video's editors, but from what you say, it may be a mistake by the original source (The Guardian)

I looked up the news on SOTT and the article says 1.9 million, it is in the SOTT comments that another Guardian news item is quoted that talks about 3.8 million, and that is why the headline was put with the 3.8 million, which was then copied by the editors of the sott video summary.

Back
Top Bottom