SOTT monthly Earth Changes Summary video translations

Italian subs for July and August 2020, got an issue or two with the G.sheet, hope it's ok...

Attachments

• Ita Subs July 2020.srt.txt
    10.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Ita Subs August 2020.srt.txt
    11.3 KB · Views: 1
I am about to start the French subtitles IT as well as the Focus.
I will do the PR as well, then @Gandalf you will not have to do it.
I will let you know guys when it is ready for the oven.

Line 86 should not exist: " South Brazil witnesses rare snowfall brought by polar air mass – 23 Aug" as it is already mentioned Line 72. I did not deleted it, however, because the event is also repeated in the video.

French subtitles are ready for the oven and the Focus is ready to be published once you give me the green light.

And as usual, thanks to all chroniclers for this once again astounding Summary. :thup:

Line 86 should not exist: " South Brazil witnesses rare snowfall brought by polar air mass – 23 Aug" as it is already mentioned Line 72. I did not deleted it, however, because the event is also repeated in the video.

French subtitles are ready for the oven and the Focus is ready to be published once you give me the green light.

And as usual, thanks to all chroniclers for this once again astounding Summary. :thup:

Thank you. I corrected it (line 86) that at least the subtitles are correct and it should be South Africa. If you and other languages could change it, that would be great. I only hope that it is also the "polar air mass" as reported in Australia.

Thank you. I corrected it (line 86) that at least the subtitles are correct and it should be South Africa. If you and other languages could change it, that would be great. I only hope that it is also the "polar air mass" as reported in Australia.

Thank you Gawan, because I had not checked the footage assuming it was the same than for Brazil, which is not, as the subtitle was so. I guess we can, at this point, assume it is the same "polar air mass", as you said.

However, I've found an event of snow on August 29th around Cape Town without specific mention of "polar air mass"; Another report Here. And there were several snow events in August for South Africa, like around Knysna on August 17th and 18th, but without "polar air mass" either. In both cases its rather about a "cold front".

Changes have been done in French.

Thank you Gawan, because I had not checked the footage assuming it was the same than for Brazil, which is not, as the subtitle was so. I guess we can, at this point, assume it is the same "polar air mass", as you said.

However, I've found an event of snow on August 29th around Cape Town without specific mention of "polar air mass"; Another report Here. And there were several snow events in August for South Africa, like around Knysna on August 17th and 18th, but without "polar air mass" either. In both cases its rather about a "cold front".

Changes have been done in French.

Thank you and everything is published now. And I think these minor mistakes are okay.

Why do I keep getting notices about this thread? If I have missed something about being notified of Earth changes or made an error along the way please excuse me - I really do not need to be notified about this thread, I do keep track myself about the threads and new posts are great - so I will leave it at that .

Why do I keep getting notices about this thread? If I have missed something about being notified of Earth changes or made an error along the way please excuse me - I really do not need to be notified about this thread, I do keep track myself about the threads and new posts are great - so I will leave it at that .

Hi dayrider47,

Most likely you accidentally switched on watching this topic and this the reason you get notified. Have a look at the screenshot (it is always at the top of each topic) and if you can see the setting (unwatch/watch) and change it to unwatch.

Hope this helps.

Screenshot 2020-09-13 at 10.29.52.jpg

And here the table for the subtitles:

Happy cooking!
Croatian IT of captions/subtitles is done, and PR of the corresponding Focus as well.

PR is done, Croatian subtitles are ready for upload.

Attachments

• ECS_August_2020_Cro.srt.txt
    11.3 KB · Views: 1
Question about the Focus text:

Extreme weather has only worsened the exodus of people from California over the last decade. About five million Californians have left the state for a net population loss of more than one million people. Colorado was also hit last month by the largest wildfire in the state's history. The Pine Gulch fire has burned 139,006 acres and left ranchers with little-to-no grazing for cattle and worried about long-term impacts.

Do I understand correctly that during the decade 5 million people left and 4 millions arrived and settled, thus the 1 million figure?

Back
Top Bottom