SOTT monthly Earth Changes Summary video suggestions

Altai
Inhabitants of the Russian region #Altai have on the evening of the 8th #Dezember spotted a strange flash of light in the sky. This is reported by local media, citing recordings published on the internet. #Russland#Sibirien

Heavy floods are reported north of Bogotá, Colombia.

AMS
Wednesday, December 11th 2019 around 01:16 UT.
CO, KS, NM, OK and TX USA

Nash from Nashville on Twitter
Nash from Nashville @NashWX Another remarkable view of today’s tornado taken on the tarmac of El Alto International Airport in La Paz, Bolivia! Dec 9, 2019

December 13 - 'Three suns' phenomena appears in sky over Khorgas city in western China

Video footage is here.

I have written the following text after seeing an article on the Czech state TV website along with some other sources. Feel free to fix typos, grammar, modify, publish on SOTT Exclusive... I don't have full editing rights anymore.

Astronomy Institute of the Czech Academy od Sciences confirmed they received several reports of extremely bright bolide streaking across the night sky on Sunday, January 5th shortly after 4 a.m. It was perhaps an interplanetary body which burned high in the atmosphere.

"The body perliminary approximate size was about 75cm in diameter", said Jiří Borovička, researcher from the institute.
"The event was witnessed also from our territory because the sky was clear but took place up north of our country. The bolide started to shine above Germany and exploded shortly after, already above Polish cities Poznań and Łódź", addes another scientist, Pavel Spurný.

At the moment of explosion the body was shining hundred times more than the full moon. It threw so much light over the landscape that it felt just like before sunset.

Author of the above video which was published on Facebook, Vojtěch Baranec, described the event: "Personally I have seen a 'falling star' a few times but the effect has never been that impressive. You cannot really see it in the video but the blaze was immense."

Several web cameras installed across Poznań city in Poland have also recorded these breath-taking moments:

Scientists have enough photo and video material so they should be able to figure out the weight and composition of the body that probably came from the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter.

I somehow forgot how to insert the FB videos so they would show up but check out the links. Really worth seeing.
Here are two pictures I grabbed from the screen to give you an idea:

Meteor_above_Poland_seen_from_Czech.jpg
Poznan_meteor.jpg

Edit: Month (January) added.

Back
Top Bottom