Sorry to bother you 2018

Rich

The Living Force
I watched this after trying to find an interesting Sci Fi film I hadn't seen before. I found it on Rotten Tomatoes as one of their recommendations/highly rated. I found the first half very easy going and a little like office type films where the workers are having a hard time of things against evil multinational corporations. This film then starts to get quite Sci Fi in a way I found quite surprising. In summary I don't think it is the best film ever made but it is rather quirky and has good lashings of "Fight the power".

I watched this last night with my daughter, who recommended it. Wow. I'm going to say a little bit about it, I hope without spoiling it. It appears to be a quirky, not very high budget film with very decent actors. It is about a down on his luck fellow that moves up the ranks in telemarketing. All sorts of things are telemarketed, you know? Anyway, there are allusions to things, trends and billionaires for those with eyes to see. When I pointed out some of these that I noticed to my daughter, she accused me of being a conspiracy theorist. After that, I just told her that I thought the message from the movie was to ask questions about anything going into your body before, not after.
I recommend the movie. It is really different. If you read any plot synopses first, it will spoil the real surprises.

Back
Top Bottom