Sorry, deleted.

Hi Melatonin,

What made you decide to delete two of your postings in such a short span on time? http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,27292.0.html [Mod note: Since it's empty the thread has been deleted.]

Also considering this reply anart gave you back in December which marked the last time you posted in quite a few months until recently. Is everything okay?
anart said:
melatonin said:
EmeraldHope said:
melatonin said:
One of my favourite movies is called "Harsh times".
Seen it nearly as much as i have "V".
Not sure what draws me towards it.
Maybe because i sympathise with the main character, being used and abused by the system. But i also like the friendship between him and his closest friend which is very loyal, despite them both struggling through life.

Melatonin, I'm curious. Did you read the title to this thread or any of the posts?

Its been deleted. Thanks for picking me up on it.

melatonin, you've been asked before to please not delete your posts - it's really rude to do that, since it can make the thread very hard to follow. It's also merely a reflection of your self-importance, so please try to make this the last time you delete a post.

Perhaps saving drafts and reflecting before you post could help so you don't feel the urge to delete once you've posted. It would be externally considerate for the mods cleaning the site and for the readers as well. Just a thought. :)

Scarlet - ^ Agreed.
It was something personal that i very much wanted to share, for feedback. Im just wary of doing it over the internet.
The 2 posts were identical, i just posted in the wrong place initially.

Turgon - I feel like i have problems connecting with everyone atm. And i know its my issue. (Not said in a 'feel sorry for myself tone' - im working on it)

You could perhaps post it in the swamp, or post about your feelings of wariness in the swamp?

Melatonin, I too had a problem with deleting posts until it was pointed out how selfish and rude it was to do that. I agree that sometimes we type out a comment, post it and then wish we didn't. If I might suggest, as Scarlett too recommends, to write a draft, sleep on it and then in the morning see if it's what you want to truly say before either posting or tossing it. The hardest part, for me, at least, is being honest about my wretched, embarrassing and stupid shortcomings. But that is what this forum is here for and none of us are immune from needing help. Nevertheless, there's kindness and acceptance that we're all in the same boat ....

NewOrleans said:
Melatonin, I too had a problem with deleting posts until it was pointed out how selfish and rude it was to do that. I agree that sometimes we type out a comment, post it and then wish we didn't. If I might suggest, as Scarlett too recommends, to write a draft, sleep on it and then in the morning see if it's what you want to truly say before either posting or tossing it. The hardest part, for me, at least, is being honest about my wretched, embarrassing and stupid shortcomings. But that is what this forum is here for and none of us are immune from needing help. Nevertheless, there's kindness and acceptance that we're all in the same boat ....

Hi NewOrleans, thats what i plan to do in future. :) Thanks for understanding.

I think it also may be helpful to keep in mind that we've all done things that we're embarrassed about. Sometimes it's warranted, other times, it's really about our own narrative and "all in our heads" but we'll never really know unless we share with others who can help us to view it more objectively. If we never bring it out into the light, it just sits, festers and keeps us feeling small and alone. A very heavy burden, I think.

The times that I've shared personal things about myself were difficult indeed, but one of the lessons I've learned and keep learning is how giving this forum can be. When I witnessed the compassion - the underlying care that is taken with the responses (not to be confused with having people tell me what it "wants" to hear) - I've always been touched by it. This compassion then serves to "feed" that part of me that has been so lacking for so very long and in turn allows me to be more compassionate with others. Basically a gift that keeps on giving. Quite amazing how it works. :)

Thank you, Truthseeker. Compassion IS healing for all the fragmented parts of ourselves - myself- and exposure for this predator mind that wants to hide in lies. It takes honesty to speak and that is very hard sometimes. Your words are encouraging.

Back
Top Bottom