Some objective perspective on these life events?

Hildegarda said:
this topic has really made me think. I have some trouble accepting that the Universe, or GL, would purposely harm and kill another individual with his\her own life path and set of lessons, just to teach another person not to stick their neck out too much.

well, I guess it can. My question is though, should we view everything bad that happens to people around us as a sign to us personally, and think ourselves responsible in one way or the other? You can see how this could lead towards an YCYOR type of thinking. Where does the boundary lie?

I think it is important to remember that everyone has their own lessons to learn and their own karma. For instance, I have a ailing grandmother who's on her way out as well as a mother who has a lot of affection for me and two dogs I love very much. I knew for my own lessons to proceed to needed to move away from that comfy home town of mine but there were things holding me back - to use just three, emotionally heavy examples. Now I wouldn't consider these things an 'attack' more like a distraction, a natural part of the matrix and how it uses our emotional connections to others against us.

We've watched individuals who got involved in the work waste themselves away caring for a relative, or a sibling or a parent that needed to be in a special care situation or needed more individuals then just themselves contributing to the care of the individual. We've also seen individuals who meet 'that Mr or Mrs right' and they get distracted from the path via that route. There are many many many ways an individual can be attacked or distracted, but the best thing you can do is read about how other's have come under attack, and read the advices they were given or how they handled the situation and what they learned from it.

As they say, a smart man learns from his own mistakes, a genius learns from the mistakes (or experiences) of others.

[/quote]

Over the past year and a half, I've lost my brother, my step-dad, my 37 year old niece, a friend and his wife from murder suicide, another friend from suicide, and my mother has dementia and is close to passing on. I've lost two jobs in six months due to the economy with two mortgages to pay. The stress level was beyond belief, within our family.

I'm by no means a Rhodes scholar, but the questions of death and what happens to us from time to time, always bothered me from my judao-christian teachings. When I started reading Laura's books and the transcripts from the C's, it was like being jolted awake, because of all the things on my mind. Everything is a "lesson" continues to be at the back of my mind and gave me a great deal of understanding as to the happenings going on around me. Like I've said, I'm not always the brightest bulb on the tree, but to my understanding, attacks are lessons, and what did we learn?

Hildegarda said:
MrGullible said:
"If the bad stuff decides to attack me by killing my Mother-In-Law, how can I recognize it and more importantly how can I stop them from killing her". I may be thinking in means that are way to worldly and physical.

this topic has really made me think. I have some trouble accepting that the Universe, or GL, would purposely harm and kill another individual with his\her own life path and set of lessons, just to teach another person not to stick their neck out too much.

well, I guess it can. My question is though, should we view everything bad that happens to people around us as a sign to us personally, and think ourselves responsible in one way or the other? You can see how this could lead towards an YCYOR type of thinking. Where does the boundary lie?

Hildegarda, that is some of the stuff that is running through my mind as well! I didn't really associate any of the serious events with "attach" or some such until I realized 3 or 4 weeks ago (when my GrandMother had a heart attack AND my Mother-In-Law had to go into isolation ward in the hospital) that an awful lot of bad stuff had been happening in the past year. I had been so deeply involved with everything going on that I hadn't noticed a pattern (concentration of heavy bad stuff plus many many smaller incidents in one year) until I could "catch my breath" and then became suspicious.

I don't really understand how some of this works and I guess that is natural, so this exploration in this thread is really helping me.

MrGullible said:
Thank you both for you insights!

Nienna, I have read both of the sets you mention and I hope I have gleaned some ways to be instinctively sensitive to some methods. It has been a while since I read them, but I can't recall any instances where an "attack" was noted and prevented or averted as opposed to analyzed and learned from after the fact. Perhaps I am using the wrong terminology, or have the wrong expectation of what can be achieved. I'm simplistically imagining at this moment something along the lines of "If the bad stuff decides to attack me by killing my Mother-In-Law, how can I recognize it and more importantly how can I stop them from killing her". I may be thinking in means that are way to worldly and physical.

I think that we need to remember that there are a lot of different things going on at the same time. Just because someone becomes ill, or has a heart attack or dies does not necessarily mean that this was an attack against you. As Autobot said, there is also karma and others' lessons to take into consideration.

However, once on the path to awakening, we must also know that the GL will do its best to put us back to sleep. This makes the strategic enclosure all that more important. And to try to be aware of things that are happening and how it affects us.

It seems that whatever works to distract us the most is what gets thrown at us. And if distraction doesn't work, then breaking our spirit will maybe suffice. And these attacks can come in many different ways.

No one knows for sure if someone's death or illness is an attack on us, but if several things seem to happen at around the same time, I sure would be standing up and taking notice. What better way to break one down than to attack their loved ones?

So keeping below the radar is of utmost importance when you have decided to try to disconnect from the Matrix.

At least, this is how I am seeing it at this time.

spyraal said:
- snip - ...

machine could become or be replaced temporarily by agents to execute a task. Thus, If every attack we witness can strengthen us in a way by becoming a personal reminder of how vigilant, concentrated and aware we should try to be at all times, then maybe this way a final "account" of the attack might prove that it was more beneficial even though damaging to an extend. Maybe that is a way to neutralize some of these attacks or at least "transmute" some of their negativity into something positive.

- snip -

Those are good ideas. Thank you. Right now I'm very "jumpy" (i.e. waiting for the other shoe to drop) with all of this going on. One main reason is that while all of this has been "externally traumatic", it hasn't driven me into despair or depression that I can tell. Assuming that the "bad guys" are very competent in attacking people also causes me to assume that they might be working some other angle (if they are working against me at all) and that all of this stuff could also be some kind of distraction.

OR, maybe I'm somehow subconsciously internalizing a lot of the grief and it will all come to a head. For instance, when my very dear GrandFather died, I had been helping to tend to him day and night and was with him when he died at home. I was composed throughout, even as my Mother and GrandMother broke down in tears. But, 20 minutes after he died I completely broke down sobbing and almost wailing and my blood pressure went through the roof. This reaction was totally unexpected by me after having previously kept it together. I'm not in poor health per say but I am very overweight and this could have been a dangerous situation.

So, all in all, it is extremely confusing whether or not it is an "attack", and the methods being employed. Which makes me " JUMPY MINDED " .

Autobot said:
Hildegarda said:

I think it is important to remember that everyone has their own lessons to learn and their own karma. For instance, I have a ailing grandmother who's on her way out as well as a mother who has a lot of affection for me and two dogs I love very much. I knew for my own lessons to proceed to needed to move away from that comfy home town of mine but there were things holding me back - to use just three, emotionally heavy examples. Now I wouldn't consider these things an 'attack' more like a distraction, a natural part of the matrix and how it uses our emotional connections to others against us.

We've watched individuals who got involved in the work waste themselves away caring for a relative, or a sibling or a parent that needed to be in a special care situation or needed more individuals then just themselves contributing to the care of the individual. We've also seen individuals who meet 'that Mr or Mrs right' and they get distracted from the path via that route. There are many many many ways an individual can be attacked or distracted, but the best thing you can do is read about how other's have come under attack, and read the advices they were given or how they handled the situation and what they learned from it.

As they say, a smart man learns from his own mistakes, a genius learns from the mistakes (or experiences) of others.
[/quote]

Great advice and insight, thank you. I will be searching for more info on these forums about what others have gone through and how they worked with it. Also, I'm learning a lot / getting a lot of ideas from these discussions about possible subtleties of attack/distraction. For example, your post has pointed out that there could also be a "death of a thousand cuts" type of approach with all of these things being distractions where the sum total has a detrimental effect.

Dick said:
Over the past year and a half, I've lost my brother, my step-dad, my 37 year old niece, a friend and his wife from murder suicide, another friend from suicide, and my mother has dementia and is close to passing on. I've lost two jobs in six months due to the economy with two mortgages to pay. The stress level was beyond belief, within our family.

I'm by no means a Rhodes scholar, but the questions of death and what happens to us from time to time, always bothered me from my judao-christian teachings. When I started reading Laura's books and the transcripts from the C's, it was like being jolted awake, because of all the things on my mind. Everything is a "lesson" continues to be at the back of my mind and gave me a great deal of understanding as to the happenings going on around me. Like I've said, I'm not always the brightest bulb on the tree, but to my understanding, attacks are lessons, and what did we learn?

Thank you for sharing, Dick. What I think I've gained so far by these events is practice in trying to stay objective during these trying times. I'm not sure what I would classify as having learned, other than to look out for patterns proactively because it didn't occur to me until recently that all of this bad stuff was so concentrated in timing with trying to clear my head. I'm not educated enough to read deeper or perceive more about these events yet, or am not gifted/skilled enough.

If it is not too personal a question, what did you learn from your lessons during those trying times?

I've learned that I'm not the only one, that has gone through these things, I've learned that by communicating with others about my feelings of distress, by networking with those more intelligent then myself, on this web-site, brings me peace of mind. Knowledge IS powerful. Death doesn't bother me as much as it did before, even if its being set-up by the Matrix. Getting as much information as possible and asking questions, and I've asked some "dumb" questions, but that was because I was excited about what I was learning, and jumping ahead of myself.

I just found out yesterday, that I've been hired for a new job. Great pay, great benefits, and long hours. Now this is the paradox, was that arranged so that I would have less time to learn more, to be put back to sleep, so to say, by the Matrix, to lose touch with what I've learned and continue to learn. I'm more afraid of not learning, than I am of dying.

Dick said:
I just found out yesterday, that I've been hired for a new job. Great pay, great benefits, and long hours. Now this is the paradox, was that arranged so that I would have less time to learn more, to be put back to sleep, so to say, by the Matrix, to lose touch with what I've learned and continue to learn. I'm more afraid of not learning, than I am of dying.

I know how difficult it is to find work right now, so I would say that getting a job is a good thing for you. I do understand what you are worried about with the new long hours required. I think you have some time to see how this new job works out for you. If it takes away from your doing the work, then try to find a better solution. Unfortunately, most of us do have to work to make it in this STS world.

I made a decision about a year ago to change jobs. I stepped out of management to take this new job. This step was easy as it paid better with much fewer hours.

Since then my new company has had three management openings, all of which I passed on. This last one started me thinking again, as my company has cut back on all employees hours due to the economy. A couple of my programs ( self importance and fear) kicked in and started to work on me. They were trying to convince me that I should apply for financial and security reasons. It was only through becoming aware of my I's running my thoughts that I was able to come to my senses and stay put in my current position. Yes, I may end up in a bad financial position because of this decision, but for me it is the right choice.

Like has been said here many times, it is all about lessons and increasing ones level of knowledge.

good luck with the new job :thup:

Dick said:

On the contrary, the Work is always in front of us, just like the attempts by the general law to put us back to sleep is always in front of us. It's what you DO that counts. You will have every opportunity to learn and practice 4th Way concepts in a professional setting. In fact, perhaps even more so. Maybe what is causing you to worry is that you'll have less free time to, say, read the forum. This does not stop you from applying Work-related concepts though. :)

Thanks......very good input. Thats why I love this forum. Who knows what lessons I may learn about me, from my new job.

As of now, I'm viewing my being laid off as a good thing. The reason being that I noticed that when I was at work I almost would immediately go into subjective mode and not really be thinking clearly for the entire time. It was a high pressure job and it was like unconsciously flipping a subjectivity switch when I arrived at work.

Having some time at home to learn more how to keep my head clear is helping me build a little strength in this regard.

I am glad you are seeing benefits to your situation, one that is not easy to find much good in for many of us. I think many of us will be facing the same situation very soon, depending on the job or business one is employed with will only dictate when it comes. The company I work for company is starting to go through the process of cutting expenses, and layoffs are soon to come. Today the company announced a voluntary separation plan. Next will be the closing of stores, thus reducing labor and inventory needs, and cutting leasing costs. Along the way will be the cutting of middle management staffs, and store management cost. It is all so predictable in my mind, as to how it will happen.

Today I did have a moment that made me realize that I had a great opportunity to learn from my current situation. My job is to SELL and teach my staff to do the same. It occurred to me that I should be using this situation as a learning tool to further my knowledge of Strategic Enclosure, and use my situation to learn and help build my SE. I have the opportunity to do this everyday, so I have been wasting this situation until now. Lesson learned.

Back
Top Bottom