So glad you are still here

Welcome home, Vic. I was the same, not posting much for years after joining in 2014. Until last year, started getting involved and joined the fellowship. Its good you came back, the connection to the forum never goes away, it is like home, especially these days with the world in such a mess, we are so lucky and blessed to have the forum, Laura and everyone else, best not waste it. Without it, personally I don't know where I'd be now. So, welcome back and nice re-introduction. You seemed to have learned from the past, thats what its all about, learning and growing. 👍

Welcome home, Vic. I was the same, not posting much for years after joining in 2014. Until last year, started getting involved and joined the fellowship. Its good you came back, the connection to the forum never goes away, it is like home, especially these days with the world in such a mess, we are so lucky and blessed to have the forum, Laura and everyone else, best not waste it. Without it, personally I don't know where I'd be now. So, welcome back and nice re-introduction. You seemed to have learned from the past, thats what its all about, learning and growing. 👍
Absolutely, Liam. Thank you

I followed that interview link but couldn't see a translate button.
Ah, sorry, I linked to the German version. The English version can be found HERE. Regarding NLP, I was thinking if you could see any specific techniques/wordings they are using that are typical NLP? For instance, it is clear that terms like 'Social distancing' and 'Superspreader' are carefully crafted to hypnotize the masses. Would e.g. those have something to do with NLP?

Ah, sorry, I linked to the German version. The English version can be found HERE. Regarding NLP, I was thinking if you could see any specific techniques/wordings they are using that are typical NLP? For instance, it is clear that terms like 'Social distancing' and 'Superspreader' are carefully crafted to hypnotize the masses. Would e.g. those have something to do with NLP?
Thanks, I'll take a look this evening. As far as I can remember words and phrases, in terms of NLP, are analysed for the internal picture they are likely to generate in the hearer/viewer. Clearly the two words/phrases you used as an example enforce the idea of division and separation based on fear - I must keep away from others because they might be a spreader (or even a super spreader) of this new unstoppable killer disease. Generally though NLP looks at the dominating senses in individuals - be that auditory, visual, kinesthetic. Obviously the idea in terms of covid is to instill fear-induced compliance. Hence the use of video showing patients suffocating, nurses crying from exhaustion, and overrun hospitals. This would target all the senses.

The hypnosis becomes successful through repetition of course. The words enter the subconscious, and become beliefs, while the conscious mind is focussed on the videos.

I've forgotten a fair bit of NLP now, but NLP and hypnosis go hand-in-hand.

Thanks, I'll take a look this evening. As far as I can remember words and phrases, in terms of NLP, are analysed for the internal picture they are likely to generate in the hearer/viewer. Clearly the two words/phrases you used as an example enforce the idea of division and separation based on fear - I must keep away from others because they might be a spreader (or even a super spreader) of this new unstoppable killer disease. Generally though NLP looks at the dominating senses in individuals - be that auditory, visual, kinesthetic. Obviously the idea in terms of covid is to instill fear-induced compliance. Hence the use of video showing patients suffocating, nurses crying from exhaustion, and overrun hospitals. This would target all the senses.

The hypnosis becomes successful through repetition of course. The words enter the subconscious, and become beliefs, while the conscious mind is focussed on the videos.

This is why everyone’s was saying “shots in arms” as soon as vaccines were being tested! It has bothered me so much!
All media coverage would start with “vaccine” in the headline. But after just the first couple of days I felt I would be sick if I heard the phrase “shots in arms” one more time. Then they changed to “jab.”
I suspected it was a way of using vivid detail and physical sensation to make it “more real” in people’s minds, but I didn’t know there was a term for such a thing.
Thank you! I must do some more research!

This is why everyone’s was saying “shots in arms” as soon as vaccines were being tested! It has bothered me so much!
All media coverage would start with “vaccine” in the headline. But after just the first couple of days I felt I would be sick if I heard the phrase “shots in arms” one more time. Then they changed to “jab.”
I suspected it was a way of using vivid detail and physical sensation to make it “more real” in people’s minds, but I didn’t know there was a term for such a thing.
Thank you! I must do some more research!

Same. Yeah I really hate how everyone on TV and around me suddenly started saying "jab".. "get the jab".. "have you got your jab yet?". ("shots in arms" wasn't a phrase I've heard here.).. It's like, wrap the whole thing in that one distinctive word and then everyone stops thinking about it and just short-circuits immediately to "jab". Sorry to go off the thread topic.

As a nice coincidence, I just learned about a new book that explores this very topic. See my post in the main corona thread HERE.

Reactions: Vic
Back
Top Bottom