Sleepwalking Dream

Metrist

The Living Force
I awoke thinking of a sleepwalking episode I had in the past...

I only remember waking up as I was trying to move a refrigerator from the kitchen to the living room - where I was sleeping.
I thought: 'What am I doing?'... I was trying to pull the cord from the wall, and the refrigerator was a foot or two away from the wall in a encave. I heard my roommate and her friend talking, as if wondering what I was doing. They came to the kitchen and I told them I just woke up, and I was trying to move the refrigerator... They broke out laughing and I was clueless, but laughed as well.
She explained that she tried to wake me up by giving me strawberries... I was really enjoying them as I was making mmmm-mmm sounds, and when the strawberries were gone she told me to get more from the fridge. And all I remember was the waking.
So, a part of me was in disbelief. And I suspect my claim to being asleep the whole time equally skeptical, but we knew each other were truthful.
And I remember what their account was as if I dreamt it myself - though I only remembered waking. So, they related my dream to me because - on their part - it was conscious, but on my part, I was sleeping.
But why bring the fridge instead of the strawberries? Maybe the subconsciousness has vague notions when assuming actions in my faculties. And the subconsciousness arose out of sensuousness on a impulse from the sweetness and scent of the strawberries.
Strawberries! Ooooooh, mmmm!!'

That is a little funny actually, but it is interesting how the association of strawberries and fridge were responded by a part of you as. "I'll just grab the whole thing instead" maybe you didn't want strawberries then and there, but maybe you knew you'd want strawberries eventually.

Has that one been the only episode of sleepwalking you have recollection of ? I don't think I have ever met anyone who sleep walks, and there's a bit of interest but also of taboo with regards to the idea.

Has that one been the only episode of sleepwalking you have recollection of ? I don't think I have ever met anyone who sleep walks, and there's a bit of interest but also of taboo with regards to the idea.

Yeah, that's the only one. But as a child I might have, or heard of it from others.
It kind of reminds me of drinking too much and blacking out, and then you ask your friends what happened. But this wasn't the case.
I wondered if there was trickery involved, as people play jokes on others as they slept. And on more than one occasion, I woke to hear people talking to me as I slept... That's creepy.

But this was a unique thing where it seemed like we were all surprised each in a different way. And a memorable, happy time. I woke up thinking about it, so I wanted to share it as a dream.

I have similar episodes with sleep walking. I used to have it when I was around Grade 3-4 only. It never occurred since then. When I sleep walk, Id wake up having a chore to do and sometimes it is so weird. There is a time when Id get up and just comb my hair. I do not know why I wanted to comb my hair yet it seems like there is a need for me to do it because it is the reason I woke up. After I finished the thing I have in mind, id just go back to my bed and go back to sleep. There are also times when Id fix things like our shoes. LOL And the most common whenever Id wake up is I have to transfer from my bedroom to the couch and sleep there instead. It was odd because it seems like you are conscious but you are not and feels like I woke up for that sole reason. I remember my mom saying that my aunt had it too during that age. I even forget when my sleep walking stopped.

Back
Top Bottom